Pages:
Author

Topic: Movie Recommendation Station - page 16. (Read 111874 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
July 15, 2014, 10:32:42 AM
Dark Skies. It's one of the most creepy movie I've seen and I have seen a lot of scary videos. Ending was a bit bad though.
Activity: 797
BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange
July 15, 2014, 10:23:40 AM
has someone watched new transformers ...
how is it..
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
July 06, 2014, 12:20:46 AM

It is funny, nuclear power gets such a bad reputation among environmentalists, but if you actually look at it, it has been our safest, most realistic and most environmentally-friendly option for generating power in the world. The reason people irrationally call nuclear power bad is because of the two catastrophes that happened (Chernobyl and Fukushima) and because they think nuclear = nukes = bad. Chernobyl is a bad example because the facility wasn't very high quality, and Fukushima happened because of a tsunami, not because nuclear power is unsafe. Hopefully this view will start to change.

Chernobyl was like the worst nuclear plant ever devised. If i remember right, it didn't even have a protective concrete casing around it.

The environmentalists in the move had been antinuclear for their entire careers until they looked into energy sources more. Even solar is worse than nuclear because of all the toxic materials used in making solar panels. It's pretty surprising.

Thorium plants are probably the future, safer, cleaner and thorium is pretty abundant. Both India and China are working on them now. The US actually made one decades ago, but it was scrapped as its a poor source of fuel for nuclear weapons.

As for nuclear = nukes = bad, something I didn't know until after I watched the movie -- many existing nuclear plants are using nuclear material from warheads that we got from Russia. So basically nuclear power is eating nuclear bombs up...  safer than having them pointed at us.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
July 05, 2014, 02:54:58 AM
the pink panther

Classic one. I like it.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Knowledge is Power
July 04, 2014, 02:20:17 PM
Documentaries may not be that popular but I just watched Capitalism: A Love Story on youtube. One of the most depressing movies I've ever seen, but also a great resource to see everything that is currently wrong with America's economic and political system.

I haven't seen that one, I should check it out. I recently watched Pandora's promise, which is about environmentalists coming to the unexpected conclusion that nuclear power is actually safest for the environment when compared to the alternatives. It was a pretty good movie.

It is funny, nuclear power gets such a bad reputation among environmentalists, but if you actually look at it, it has been our safest, most realistic and most environmentally-friendly option for generating power in the world. The reason people irrationally call nuclear power bad is because of the two catastrophes that happened (Chernobyl and Fukushima) and because they think nuclear = nukes = bad. Chernobyl is a bad example because the facility wasn't very high quality, and Fukushima happened because of a tsunami, not because nuclear power is unsafe. Hopefully this view will start to change.
Activity: 797
BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange
July 04, 2014, 11:38:34 AM
the pink panther
Activity: 126
July 04, 2014, 09:53:13 AM
I think maleficent is a great movie.
July 03, 2014, 08:26:06 PM
Documentaries may not be that popular but I just watched Capitalism: A Love Story on youtube. One of the most depressing movies I've ever seen, but also a great resource to see everything that is currently wrong with America's economic and political system.

I haven't seen that one, I should check it out. I recently watched Pandora's promise, which is about environmentalists coming to the unexpected conclusion that nuclear power is actually safest for the environment when compared to the alternatives. It was a pretty good movie.
Activity: 280
Knowledge is Power
July 02, 2014, 04:21:52 PM
July 02, 2014, 01:03:50 PM
Have any of you guys seen Transcendence?   i missed it in the theaters, but I saw it get so, so reviews.   I thought the trailer looked cool though...

The reviews are absolutely horrible for this. I think I'll wait until it hits bluray. Or maybe when it hits streaming or cable tv.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
July 01, 2014, 02:47:54 PM
Have any of you guys seen Transcendence?   i missed it in the theaters, but I saw it get so, so reviews.   I thought the trailer looked cool though...
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 01, 2014, 10:39:41 AM
Pineapple express Cheesy
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
July 01, 2014, 08:52:43 AM
Recently watched 22 Jump street.
It's not as good as 21 Jump street, but it's still funny.

My advice is smoke a few big joints and watch the movie it will be funny again!
But just not as funny as the first one but that is always the case with sequels.
Activity: 714
June 30, 2014, 06:21:00 PM
I recently watched Infestation and In Time, both of them are good movies.
Definitely worth of watching, especially In Time.
Activity: 137
June 25, 2014, 09:04:43 PM
Just go watch Edge of Tomorrow. Blockbuster of the summer, if not a year. Awesome movie.

I think it will be the next movie i will see, i was thinking about it or Xmen but edge of tomorrow won.

The latest x-men was meh. Not enough action.
Activity: 462
June 25, 2014, 07:01:29 PM
Just go watch Edge of Tomorrow. Blockbuster of the summer, if not a year. Awesome movie.

I think it will be the next movie i will see, i was thinking about it or Xmen but edge of tomorrow won.
Activity: 121
June 25, 2014, 06:56:03 PM
Has anyone watched Think Like a Man Too, which was released last week? The movie critics are positive about the movie, and a lot of people are praising the performance of Kevin Hart.  Grin

Ahaha such a good movie.

Its a good comedy drama.
Activity: 448
June 25, 2014, 06:47:12 PM
There was a cartoon movie i loved as a kid called Watership Down.
Im not sure if someone has already suggested it, but if you have never seen it, its AWESOME.
Its more of a cartoon for adults with a great story.

Activity: 714
June 25, 2014, 05:50:24 PM
The Kings of Summer (2013), it was good movie, but it isn't comedy at all!
It was fucking sad  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
June 24, 2014, 06:54:55 PM

Edge of Tommorow is really good. We haven't had good sci-fi movies in a while so it's quite refreshing. Tom Cruise still got it at 50+.

My personal recommendation for a movie that will fuck with your mind: "Enemy" with Jake Gyllenhaal.

I will have to check this one out.   I saw the extended trailer when I was at another movie at the theaters.   It looked pretty interesting, but not something that I was dying to see.   
Pages:
Jump to: