Pages:
Author

Topic: Movie Recommendation Station - page 13. (Read 111874 times)

sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
August 13, 2014, 02:19:18 AM
ha, i also liked john carter.. did anyone else enjoy that movie?

John Carter was a pleasant surprise for me. I never expected much fun out of it but somehow it was worthwhile.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
August 06, 2014, 04:40:05 PM
No Country for Old Men is must watch.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
August 05, 2014, 12:09:04 PM
my favorite two are the dark knight rises and watchmen. i can't get into action movies unless the storyline is interesting or thought provoking. actually, i could.. but only if the theme were less mundane than most comic book stories. i like guardians because it's sci-fi ish.

Both of those are great. TBH I didn't have much of an expectation about Watchmen because I had heard nothing of it before. I really liked that movie.
Activity: 806
Merit: 1000
August 05, 2014, 06:43:52 AM
Have anyone seen this one "About Time". I really enjoyed it give that a try.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 05, 2014, 03:15:39 AM
my favorite two are the dark knight rises and watchmen. i can't get into action movies unless the storyline is interesting or thought provoking. actually, i could.. but only if the theme were less mundane than most comic book stories. i like guardians because it's sci-fi ish.

legendary
August 05, 2014, 02:55:29 AM
Out of all comic book adaptations, i think the only one i am looking forward to is Sin City
August 05, 2014, 01:38:08 AM
surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but has anyone seen guardians of the galaxy? i haven't seen a marvel movie in a long time, because i haven't found any of them to be that interesting.. but i like guardians of the galaxies' style and theme. i like the interstellar sci fi shit with weird looking characters and quirky humor.

Im not into comic book adaptations really. My little girl saw it and liked it though.

people keep saying it's something like this generation's star wars.. and the box office numbers do indicate that. i think 44% of the audience was female too.. that's the highest for a marvel film. i might see it.
legendary
August 05, 2014, 01:36:30 AM
surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but has anyone seen guardians of the galaxy? i haven't seen a marvel movie in a long time, because i haven't found any of them to be that interesting.. but i like guardians of the galaxies' style and theme. i like the interstellar sci fi shit with weird looking characters and quirky humor.

Im not into comic book adaptations really. My little girl saw it and liked it though.
August 05, 2014, 12:52:24 AM
legendary
August 05, 2014, 12:48:28 AM
Has anyone seen the new "Purge" movie?   The first one was decent, just because it was a new idea.   I can't imagine the second one being all that good, but was going to check it out anyway... thoughts?

update:   I just checked IMDB and the 2nd one actually has a significantly higher rating than the first one??

Save your money. I have not seen it, but i mean come on... Is Hollywood officially out of original ideas?

How many comic book movies do we have to see by the way...i mean they are getting as common as Insurance company commercials.

Just watched it. I have no idea why it got better ratings than the first one (which wasn't all that great to begin with). I would say 5.5 out of 10
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
August 04, 2014, 06:58:14 PM
Has anyone seen the new "Purge" movie?   The first one was decent, just because it was a new idea.   I can't imagine the second one being all that good, but was going to check it out anyway... thoughts?

update:   I just checked IMDB and the 2nd one actually has a significantly higher rating than the first one??

Save your money. I have not seen it, but i mean come on... Is Hollywood officially out of original ideas?

How many comic book movies do we have to see by the way...i mean they are getting as common as Insurance company commercials.

Haven't seen a good movie produce by Hollywood for a while.
Activity: 448
August 04, 2014, 06:29:33 PM

legendary
August 04, 2014, 06:26:01 PM

Activity: 154
August 04, 2014, 02:11:03 PM
The last movie I really appreciated was Lunch Box
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
August 03, 2014, 07:12:17 PM
Planning to watch the latest 'Transformers' this weekend.
Anyone thinks this isn't a good idea?
Every transformers movie is great. They are all action packed.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
August 03, 2014, 06:49:27 PM
Divergent was nice, a movie that makes you think

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is well done but too many fighting and apes to my taste
August 03, 2014, 03:41:34 PM
saw the best documentary i've seen last night. it's called "the act of killing" and follows a group of gangsters in indonesia from the mid 60's. they killed 1 million people, and here we see the aftermath of it, and how it affects the murderers psychologically. the subjects are really funny too, which makes me feel confused. the main guy is even likable, even though he talks about how he killed/garroted people. towards the end, he has an epiphany (he acts out the things he did) when he has to play a character who is tortured and killed. he sees how it feels like to be the people he harmed and starts weeping.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Tipsters Championship www.DirectBet.eu/Competition
August 03, 2014, 03:25:29 PM
stargate.

It is fun
Activity: 224
August 03, 2014, 02:53:18 PM
Captain America - The Winter Soldier good wholesome action even if it is about a comic book.
Activity: 167
August 03, 2014, 04:52:08 AM
Have any of you seen the movie "Locke"? It got decent ratings on IMDB. The main actor usually does well in his roles...

I've not seen it yet but Tom Hardy is a fantastic actor.
Pages:
Jump to: