Pages:
Author

Topic: Mrbitco.in ATM Collective starts to sell Litecoin today - page 6. (Read 74005 times)

Activity: 612
Merit: 500
We need more of these around europe, especially near russia.
In Russia and the countries around there, people are more used to these kind of kiosks. So I guess they would be successful.
Isn't Bitcoin kind of banned in Russia?

no it's not banned, its like banning untouchables idea

So the Russia banned bitcoin is just rumors or false information?  Huh
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Bitcoinclix.com
In Russia and the countries around there, people are more used to these kind of kiosks. So I guess they would be successful.

no it's not banned, its like banning untouchables idea
Activity: 612

Is that confirmed news, or some ambiguous rumors?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Bitcoinclix.com
i 100% agree with you, but centralizing merchant adoption around bitpay and coinbase (any others?) is not a solution to the problem, it is just building a problem on top of a problem. Real merchant adoption of bitcoin can't happen until the price is more stable, which will probably be when people stop using Bitcoin as a store of value( i am guilty of this) and actually as a method of transacting online.

and guys we have to realize that there will be not much transactions this year at bitcoin accepting cafes or restaurants, maybe few people a months, so we are talking 100.00 maybe 200.00 euro, if there is bitcoin conferance in the city maybe more. So there is not so much risk for this small bussines to accepted and take a small risk or maybe big reward. coinbase and bitpay are concentrating on the big fishes, they are not much interested in small merchants, they just made a website for them and they charge 1% transaction fee for useing it, i think they should be free solution to this
Well, with 1% fee it's still cheaper than the card networks. However I understand that some businesses (like cafés) are get paid mainly in cash, where they don't have to pay any transaction fees - so it might seem like they're losing money.

But when you look at the problem, you'll notice accepting Bitcoin, even with a 1% fee, will drive customers to your business (maybe not many yet, but definitely some) which it would never had otherwise had - so that 1% is basically nothing compared to not having had those sales to start with.

you are right, but they still have to pay 1%, and there must be made o free way of doing it, mostly we should convince them to keep a bitcoin wallet
Activity: 896
Merit: 527
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
i 100% agree with you, but centralizing merchant adoption around bitpay and coinbase (any others?) is not a solution to the problem, it is just building a problem on top of a problem. Real merchant adoption of bitcoin can't happen until the price is more stable, which will probably be when people stop using Bitcoin as a store of value( i am guilty of this) and actually as a method of transacting online.

and guys we have to realize that there will be not much transactions this year at bitcoin accepting cafes or restaurants, maybe few people a months, so we are talking 100.00 maybe 200.00 euro, if there is bitcoin conferance in the city maybe more. So there is not so much risk for this small bussines to accepted and take a small risk or maybe big reward. coinbase and bitpay are concentrating on the big fishes, they are not much interested in small merchants, they just made a website for them and they charge 1% transaction fee for useing it, i think they should be free solution to this
Well, with 1% fee it's still cheaper than the card networks. However I understand that some businesses (like cafés) are get paid mainly in cash, where they don't have to pay any transaction fees - so it might seem like they're losing money.

But when you look at the problem, you'll notice accepting Bitcoin, even with a 1% fee, will drive customers to your business (maybe not many yet, but definitely some) which it would never had otherwise had - so that 1% is basically nothing compared to not having had those sales to start with.
Bitcoinclix.com

₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
Activity: 601
Vote 4fryn :)
Activity: 633
Does it go both ways too?!

You can find that clearly stated in OP...
Bitcoin ATM Chaumy
Zeedijk 43, Amsterdam

One way from BTC-O-MATIC

Activity: 588
Does it go both ways too?!
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
Activity: 615
we are working on it, we want to buy there coffie for bitcoin, of  course but we want to find beter solusion then bitpay as a point of sale, any one have a good idea let us know.

Indeed. Once every vendor accepts bitpay they are not accepting bitcoin, only a third party payment processor called bitpay, kid of like paypal or mastercard.
If all the merchants who adopted bitpay got told bitpay was stopping, they would not know what to do with bitcoin and would not accept it.

That is true, but I am afraid using bitpay is the only easy way for merchants to accept bitcoin and they don't need to care about the ups and downs in bitcoin price.

Well merchant adoption is centralized around one third party financial institute, bitcoin is broken, repeat bitcoin is broken!

First paragraph  of the white paper describes BTC as a transfer of value without the need for third party institutions.

I understand the problem mentioned.
My point is, the costs to 99.9% of businesses (rents, wages, electricity bills, raw materials, etc) are now all in fiat. So, it is not easy for the merchants to receive something high-fluctuated in price IMO.
legendary
we are working on it, we want to buy there coffie for bitcoin, of  course but we want to find beter solusion then bitpay as a point of sale, any one have a good idea let us know.

Indeed. Once every vendor accepts bitpay they are not accepting bitcoin, only a third party payment processor called bitpay, kid of like paypal or mastercard.
If all the merchants who adopted bitpay got told bitpay was stopping, they would not know what to do with bitcoin and would not accept it.

That is true, but I am afraid using bitpay is the only easy way for merchants to accept bitcoin and they don't need to care about the ups and downs in bitcoin price.

Well merchant adoption is centralized around one third party financial institute, bitcoin is broken, repeat bitcoin is broken!

First paragraph  of the white paper describes BTC as a transfer of value without the need for third party institutions.
Activity: 615

legendary

Bitcoinclix.com
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I'm off to Amsterdam in mid June.

I will buy some BTC and then pay for a coffee with said BTC.

I will take a picture at the shop, and also review the coffee.  Grin

Thanks for making these machines, hope to see a two way before i arrive.
So you can also pay with BTC at this Café? Great Smiley

Im not sure, but im guessing so, with an atm in there lol
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
#excellentnews  Grin

Looking forward to seeing many more of these!
₿₿₿₿₿₿₿
I'm off to Amsterdam in mid June.

I will buy some BTC and then pay for a coffee with said BTC.

I will take a picture at the shop, and also review the coffee.  Grin

Thanks for making these machines, hope to see a two way before i arrive.
So you can also pay with BTC at this Café? Great Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: