Pages:
Author

Topic: [MRO] Monero logo contest on 99designs.com - page 3. (Read 17027 times)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100
The worth of 300 MRO skyrocketed (currently worth something like ~1.0-1.5 BTC vs. ~0.2-0.3 BTC yesterday). As a reference, we can currently buy about 30 professional designs from 99designs for $299 (~0.6 BTC). So at 300 MRO we have no incentive to pick a design from all your hard work here instead of just going to professionals.

Because of this price volatility, I'm going to change the bounty to be a constant value in BTC to be paid out in MRO. You are welcome to withdraw yourself from consideration if this is a problem, but I think this is agreeable (it's just economics and nothing has changed from before in terms of BTC/fiat value).

So I guess your integrity isn't worth 300 MRO either, eh? Because this really isn't acceptable.

Folks, let this be a warning: This is what happens when a "contest" is run without the prize being held in trust or in escrow. Submissions are solicited and browsed, changes are asked for, then suddenly, the people running the contest no longer feel an "incentive" to pay out.

You Monero people should think long and hard about what kind of message you're sending out by doing this. If your sense of greed is so petty that you can't even pay out a reward that has already been promised and presumably put aside, then I don't know how you expect anyone to trust you to develop and foster the growth of a cryptocurrency with any wisdom.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
The worth of 300 MRO skyrocketed (currently worth something like ~1.0-1.5 BTC vs. ~0.2-0.3 BTC yesterday). As a reference, we can currently buy about 30 professional designs from 99designs for $299 (~0.6 BTC). So at 300 MRO we have no incentive to pick a design from all your hard work here instead of just going to professionals.

Because of this price volatility, I'm going to change the bounty to be a constant value in BTC to be paid out in MRO. You are welcome to withdraw yourself from consideration if this is a problem, but I think this is agreeable (it's just economics and nothing has changed from before in terms of BTC/fiat value).
That's kind of a scummy thing to do ex post facto, just saying.
Activity: 560

Contest is now on 99designs.com: https://99designs.com/logo-design/contests/monero-mro-cryptocurrency-logo-design-contest-382486
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Here is mine
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
I think the people who contributed to the bounty just need to vote now :p
We need a logo Wink
Activity: 159
Not sure when this logo contest ends... Putting in another submission.

Ah, finally we have a 'ring'-like logo. Love it.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Not sure when this logo contest ends... Putting in another submission.

https://i.imgur.com/M9vQZhK.png

really like this design:

I'd be curious to see some variations on it if the artist has time. For example, a flat (non-shiny) version, one with inverted gold-black, and the same inverted one with silver-black instead of gold.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!

really like this design:

Activity: 125
Graphic designer
Could you add each logo as an independant picture? Easier for referencing. Also, please change "cryptonote" to "monero" on the first logo.

Thank you

Ok.

playing with the M shape, any opinions ?

I like it. A much stronger 'M'. I prefer the top left:

1. The 'folded strip' effect is lost in the bottom versions.
2. A deeper 'V' in the middle looks better.
3. As do vertical sides.

But I am not a fan of grey. A touch of color? Navy blue-like colors are also dark and regal:

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Could you add each logo as an independant picture? Easier for referencing. Also, please change "cryptonote" to "monero" on the first logo.

Thank you
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
playing with the M shape, any opinions ?

Activity: 450

This logo has grown on me. So far, this is my favourite.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I like the David's logo.
hey!

thanks for the kind words everyone! Is this going to be a community vote, or will the devs/foundation or so decide ?
It's hard to tell what direction this logo should take.

I'll play around with the legs/shape, thx!

edit: actually pull the m's legs a bit down, it already looks like a roman soldier's helmet.

haha, didn't even see that till you mentioned it Smiley

The trouble with a vote on this forum is that it's very easily stuffed (with puppet accounts). I think we'll have a discussion on the monero IRC channel and if a clear winner doesn't emerge, a roll call-type vote can be held. Quality of votes over quantity of votes.

I agree that there isn't much direction given by this contest, but that's because we didn't really know what we want. Tongue Unlike most projects, this one is sort of community-run rather than centralized so there's lots of different opinions to take into account.
Activity: 616
Could someone recommend good software for this please? I fancy giving it a shot. Ta.

Either Photoshop / Illustrator or Gimp / Inkscape.
Activity: 450
Could someone recommend good software for this please? I fancy giving it a shot. Ta.
Pages:
Jump to: