Pages:
Author

Topic: mrugala Sapphire R9 280x GB gone to hell - page 2. (Read 6210 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
February 11, 2014, 11:45:35 AM
If the guy really is in hospital, I hope that he will be alright, but still until he returns the BTCs I am skeptic, about it.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
February 10, 2014, 07:13:30 PM
He told me he lives in a not so great part of the world and that he fully intends on paying everyone back but it will not happen overnight.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
February 10, 2014, 06:54:55 PM
What mrugala told you?
legendary
February 10, 2014, 05:17:13 PM
I was just sent .2BTC and got a PM from mrugala.

If he is a scammer I have no idea why he would do that so for the time being I have to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

legendary
February 10, 2014, 01:55:57 PM
I'm just in a foul mood and venting.  I'm a big boy and nobody put a gun to my head.
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
February 10, 2014, 01:54:00 PM
Some are easy to fall for. Scammers like to start small, build confidence and in the long run, cash out and walk away with a big score. The "good" part is they abandon that account, make a new one and start all over. Many times they already have a sock account that participates in the scam, building Trust and or post count. They then use this one to continue their scams. Protect yourself.
legendary
February 10, 2014, 01:49:43 PM

Yea I kinda thought I was being careful on this one because the user had done one already and blah blah blah....

the bottom line is that I am coming to the realization that this forum is a glorified sanctuary for thieves sprinkled with the occasional straight shooter.  This place is essentially operating a safe haven for these low lives because aside from some posts here and there the site does nothing to help people once they have been ripped off, which seems to happen quite often. 

The more time I spend here the more I am reminded of online poker in it's hayday of ripping people off.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
February 10, 2014, 01:19:24 PM
He is from Poland, so maybe you can try to search on Polish subforums here...
Anyway to be honest I can only agree this was masterpiece from him, he even created nationalist emotions between his two usernames and made other users defend him. He is at least very good at psychology. Unfortunately the ticket I paid for this theater performance was too high imho

Agreed my seat cost me BTC2.  A blow that has devastated my mining operation and pretty much shut it down for a while as I attempt to recoup.

how does it shut it down?  keep on mining buddy! never quit!
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
February 10, 2014, 01:11:15 PM
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Will work for BitCoins
February 10, 2014, 12:59:29 PM
Anyway to be honest I can only agree this was masterpiece from him, he even created nationalist emotions between his two usernames and made other users defend him. He is at least very good at psychology. Unfortunately the ticket I paid for this theater performance was too high imho

Agreed my seat cost me BTC2.  A blow that has devastated my mining operation and pretty much shut it down for a while as I attempt to recoup.
Activity: 291
February 10, 2014, 11:20:43 AM
legendary
February 10, 2014, 11:09:26 AM
I wish that were possible but tbh I don't even know what Country he is from so at least for my part I am SOL.

What I don't understand is why the last post and the fluff about being mugged, etc.  He'd already gotten away with it so why bother posting again?

Maybe it makes perfect sense that I cannot think like a thief.
Activity: 658
February 10, 2014, 10:35:40 AM
I was looking forward for his 2nd group buy to be a success so I can get in on his 3rd, but it looks as if it's too good to be true it probably is Sad
I hope you'll be able to track down this person and recover your bitcoins.
Activity: 462
February 10, 2014, 10:18:51 AM
I investigated and the first group buy is fake, same user, and second was the masterpiece of this scamatory.
We lost our money, thats obvious.
Activity: 9
February 10, 2014, 06:27:38 AM
I had ordered three cards, so lost 1.47 BTC. He gave me this address to pay 1CECyUgM13GUWQxWS4JXbZrTykgUb9HcEx and looks like he emptied this wallet on 7 February.

Just wonder, is this really worth to him to scam people. If want to steal, steal from government, not from other people. Hope his is happy...?
Activity: 1764
Merit: 570
Twitter\X @AlexKosa1
February 10, 2014, 05:15:17 AM
also lost 0.49 btc Sad
Activity: 4
February 10, 2014, 04:36:38 AM
well, I got scammed also and I think that it is a scam, because I am looking at the address that he gave me to sent the money and the money are still there, so if he is robbed or he converted the BTC to USD and he was going to buy everything, why the BTC are still there?

https://blockchain.info/address/1JxBNgk1JVhfGeFjBNJFJ6yHEim7vijCjj

Here is how I see how it went down. First group buy only 3 people involved and the three of them are registered in the forum around the same date as "mrugala", so they post, post, post and buy. Okay, legit enough. Second group buy - more cards, more people (real people this time) and no Escrow, and the rest is history.

I don't think that we will see our money ever! 
Activity: 291
February 10, 2014, 04:12:06 AM
I suspect 2 buyers from first group were fake too...well played performance...and I thought I am cautious.
Lost 1.5 BTC, lesson learned.  Roll Eyes

Edit: just spoke with my lawyer, as Poland is EU member, there is some chance to get the money back via european payment order
http://ec.europa.eu/justice_home/judicialatlascivil/html/epo_information_en.htm - of course if somebody finds out identity of that guy.

legendary
February 10, 2014, 03:07:14 AM
I love the title of this threat. Its a good movie. iglasses is a good actor.

?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

I lost 1.03BTC and like the other user who already posted and some others I'm sure who haven't it is pretty big blow for me.  I do not have a large amount of equipment and have not been mining for nearly as long as most people on this board so this was a BIG chunk of what I had.  The only reason I even did it was because the organizer had what looked like a good track record here but I guess not even that counts for anything on this board.

There are a lot of things that are not clear at this point but a few that really stick out like a sore thumb...
1) Why on earth would someone who just collected thousands of dollars from various people even be in a situation where that money was at risk
2) Why can't the forum provide people who have been impacted by these things with some information to help
3) If this is truly what happened shouldn't it be a very easy thing to get the ip of the mugger from his post asking to meet
4) If the first groupbuy went well shouldn't someone from that one be able to provide location information for the organizer so we know how to proceed with legal action if it comes to that

This just sux all the way around.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
February 10, 2014, 02:08:05 AM
... My husband asked me to inform you as soon as possible. He is currently in hospital due to his meeting with one of the client... What the client did is robbed his of his wallet and password with 2 other guys. We tried reporting it to police but they said that they don't deal with "Guild Wars or World of Warcraft gold is not withing our reach, please talk with Bitcoin developer". We should get some money from the indemnity.....

I was not involved in this group buy.  But why is no one asking for police report number with city it was in?   I suspect if truly sent someone to hospital... there would be a report and most likely could be read online.  Without report number one would be lead to believe scam...
pics or it didn't happen
Pages:
Jump to: