Pages:
Author

Topic: mrugala Sapphire R9 280x GB gone to hell - page 3. (Read 6210 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 10, 2014, 01:46:51 AM
I love the title of this threat. Its a good movie. iglasses is a good actor.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Will work for BitCoins
February 10, 2014, 01:32:06 AM
I got scammed for 2BTC.  Ouchies.  I'll hold my breath for the 'refund' lolz.  This was a hardcore stinger for me I saved up that 2 for a while.  I'm not sure that its a blow that can't be recovered from but it sure hurt.  If I had to guess what went down.

He collected the bitcoin from us.  In recent days bitcoin prices crashed. He couldn't convert the BTC into enough fiat to get the cards from his 'friend'.  He will wait until the price recovers and count his ill-gotten coins all the way to the bank.

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
February 09, 2014, 11:35:09 PM
Hello wife  Grin I hope your husband feels better. If not, PM me and we will do DOGE style.

Too bad this thread will be deleted  Roll Eyes

We should all learn from this horrible incident. How much money did he abscond with? I there a charitable address to pour our donations to?

Yes!
Here: 19KeryYmKe7Y2YnHMpaFUkC9WuEAe811Ny

Grin
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
February 09, 2014, 10:12:24 PM
I guess I know what the answer will be.  I don't know where this dude lives but can you imagine being beaten and robbed and told by the police that it's a civil matter?

ugh.
legendary
Activity: 1456
February 09, 2014, 10:04:59 PM
... My husband asked me to inform you as soon as possible. He is currently in hospital due to his meeting with one of the client... What the client did is robbed his of his wallet and password with 2 other guys. We tried reporting it to police but they said that they don't deal with "Guild Wars or World of Warcraft gold is not withing our reach, please talk with Bitcoin developer". We should get some money from the indemnity.....

I was not involved in this group buy.  But why is no one asking for police report number with city it was in?   I suspect if truly sent someone to hospital... there would be a report and most likely could be read online.  Without report number one would be lead to believe scam...
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
February 09, 2014, 09:03:29 PM
yeah sounds a little odd, But that maybe just because we don't know the whole story.  If he where really a scammer why would he come back and post? 

Was gonna order 3 from him, glad I didn't BUT he did offer escrow??? which makes me think he isn't a scammer as the escrow option, if it was a scammer he would have said NO ESCROW etc

So I think he is genuine, or when he seen the amount of BTC in his wallet he got a bit corrupt and thought' well no one did escrow so now run'

So I think it was one of those two, I don't think he was a scammer at the beggining but maybe now.

Just my 2C
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
February 09, 2014, 08:53:41 PM
yeah sounds a little odd, But that maybe just because we don't know the whole story.  If he where really a scammer why would he come back and post? 

Maybe they convinced him he should login to his account(s) for some reason and then beat the crap out of him?

One reason I value the 2nd amendment here in the US...

Moral of the story.. protect your BTCutt
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
February 09, 2014, 08:42:44 PM
I really need explained to me how someone getting mugged becomes someone losing ELECTRONIC MONEY that only exists on a computer.  Also, if all these cards were going to ship tomorrow wouldn't they have had to have been ordered and paid for already?

There are like a dozen other things that just don't add up here but tbh I'm so frustrated right now I can barely type.

maybe he took his laptop with him and upon being beaten up was threatened to give up the password (unless he saved his wallet pw on a text file or something)

also he said the cards were in hand from his friend (the supplier)

its weird because i tried to buy one from him last min. and he told me i was too late via PM, said maybe next time.  I then even asked if he could hold a card for me and I would pay him today and he said sorry he couldnt do that...  makes me think if he was a scammer he woulda taken my btc as well as everyone elses
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
February 09, 2014, 08:41:37 PM
It's a con job. Simple. Example to all of us. At least this one didn't drag forever.
legendary
February 09, 2014, 08:36:13 PM
I really need explained to me how someone getting mugged becomes someone losing ELECTRONIC MONEY that only exists on a computer.  Also, if all these cards were going to ship tomorrow wouldn't they have had to have been ordered and paid for already?

There are like a dozen other things that just don't add up here but tbh I'm so frustrated right now I can barely type.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
February 09, 2014, 08:22:47 PM
Quote from: mrugala on February 08, 2014, 05:45:18 AM
No more orders from now(out of the question - don't PM), tommorow meeting with our fancy friend from post #53 who wants to "met" with me to purchase, and converting after it ; )
Estimated shipping monday, as always I will send tracking numbers to the people after I get them. Thank You all for participating!

I will edit this post updating on progress.

Cheers!

----------

iglasses: I hope your bringing backup.

----------

Holy crap you were  spot on!

smells like a setup though, guy does a legit (maybe?) initial group buy to garner trust from the forum.. then does a bigger groupbuy and bails with the funds.

if it's true however, i feel bad for the guy.. hope hes ok
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
February 09, 2014, 08:10:57 PM
Is this related to the following thread?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gpu-group-buy-2-sapphire-toxic-r9-280x-3gb-gddr5-sold-out-448385

Looks like he might have taken around 18 BTC ?
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
February 09, 2014, 07:49:50 PM
Hello wife  Grin I hope your husband feels better. If not, PM me and we will do DOGE style.

Too bad this thread will be deleted  Roll Eyes

We should all learn from this horrible incident. How much money did he abscond with? I there a charitable address to pour our donations to?
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
February 09, 2014, 07:38:41 PM
wtf? Huh
legendary
February 09, 2014, 07:18:49 PM
EDIT:

This is mrugala wife. My husband asked me to inform you as soon as possible. He is currently in hospital due to his meeting with one of the client... What the client did is robbed his of his wallet and password with 2 other guys. We tried reporting it to police but they said that they don't deal with "Guild Wars or World of Warcraft gold is not withing our reach, please talk with Bitcoin developer". We should get some money from the indemnity.

Please PM us address on which You would like Your refund. There will be 105% refunds of what You send. Please be patient our rig earns 1 BTC a month and my husbands salary is also about 1 BTC per month, and I have some on my wallet - it will take up to 3-4 months to refund to everyone. We will start refunds from people who invested the most. Once again we are sorry. I closed the thread because I don't want to read bad things about my man. This is a tragedy for us all, but I think that hits us the most, please understand...

WTF?  I can't even find an open thread to comment on.  Can others from this gb chime in here.  How in the hell do you go to meet a random unknown person and you get rolled and JUST HAPPEN to have your passwords on you?Huh Even if he did how the fuck could he get everyone's BTC if it was in a wallet?

What the hell is going on here???

original (closed) thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5011485
Pages:
Jump to: