Pages:
Author

Topic: mt gox account stolen, I lost all my money - page 3. (Read 5397 times)

ija
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
You have Google Authenticator OTP?

Man i use that i thought that was fool proof. It doesnt make sense..

If you did use Google One Time Password... they would have to had access to that... unless you had the back up keys in an easy to find place
Activity: 55
I have two factor authentication on my accounts.

It was stolen despite this.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
That really sucks man, try to contact mtgox and scan your pc for viruses and did you installed something or visited any site that have java based chat or something?
Activity: 22
sucks men, sorry to hear that, truly.
Activity: 55
I just wanted to make a post, I would have posted this in the main forums but I'm a newb lurker so I signed up to post this.

This morning I got an email from mt gox letting me know there had been a withdrawal on my account.

I didn't authorize one, and I had no idea wtf this was talking about, so I logged in to see the $480 USD I had in there had vaporized. Someone had logged into my account, bought btc, and then transferred it to themselves.

https://blockchain.info/address/1LuLza3QfbXP3GcABCe86MYSAy9jDq3DRm

The fucking wallet is 1LuLz just to taunt me as well.

I dunno what else to say about this other than 'be careful' but I thought I was being careful. I trusted gox with my money and now its gone and nobody has replied to me from them or answered me at all. This was my big attempt at taking my own money investing in BTC and this is where it has gotten me. Those of you that know me from camwhoring on reddit know that i've managed to scrape together a little  btc from tips and such but mostly I invested my own money to daytrade with.

That wallet is kept on my computer in a truecrypt container, yet I still felt it was less secure than keeping it somewhere safe like a big online company like mtgox.

That wallet is

https://blockchain.info/address/1669nJLncdiyuwRYmBfk4D6qF4Dibz7GjQ

and I think the only reason it didn't get raped as well is that it didn't have anything to steal.

So whoever did this. Thanks for stealing my groceries. You're a terrible person.
Pages:
Jump to: