Pages:
Author

Topic: MT GOX Sepa still not working - page 2. (Read 2943 times)

vip
Activity: 608
Merit: 501
-
August 09, 2011, 09:26:03 PM
Just a note, be REALLY careful when accepting wire transfers and/or sepa transfers, as many of those are fraudulent (that's our main issue with banks in Europe right now, especially in France where banks are f****** r******* and have no clue to what kind of fraud exist in this world).

Right now we are using the fact that legally we cannot have no bank account in France as a company (the French laws says we are allowed to have a bank account, the French "central bank" - Banque de France - assigned us a bank, but that bank refused to create the account, so we are assigning it in front of a judge. We have filed on August 8th, had a reply on August 9th, and ruling will happen on August 11th, most likely forcing the bank to follow the law).

In the meantime for Europe we are opening a bank account with a bank which is a bit better at handling large volume of international wires/SEPA in Switzerland. They do however check a lot of details on their customers, which adds some delay in having the bank account opened. Things there are progressing smoothly. We started the procedure on July 1st, and got approval on August 8th. We did the initial deposit on August 9th and it should take no more than 2 weeks from that for us to receive the required elements to access this bank account online.

At the same time we have also progressed with HSBC in Hong Kong. I went there directly to meet HSBC and talk about possibilities of us being able to accept funds from anywhere in the world through the HSBC network. The discussion will take some time, as they want to see how we handle things. We'll have a new bank account in Hong Kong (we already do, in fact, I'm just waiting for the online access token which should be delievered soon via DHL) which will allow us to waive all fees on incoming international wires, and make free outgoing international wires.
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
August 09, 2011, 11:52:18 AM
I emailed them yesterday, they said it would take up to 15 days until SEPA wire transfers are reinstated.

You can sell Mt.Gox USD to other people though & ask them to send wires or western union.
I sold $2k to chinese people & 450 bucks to a guy on these forums in the last 72 hours.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
August 09, 2011, 07:56:59 AM
Pages:
Jump to: