Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox <-> Btc-e arbitrage ~3% profit - page 2. (Read 22505 times)

legendary
Activity: 965
Merit: 1000
April 15, 2013, 01:38:52 PM
Can you withdraw from btc-e via an application?
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012
April 15, 2013, 12:05:04 PM
Do you have code to withdraw from btc-e via app?

Sorry, I didn't understand the question. Did you mean withdrawal API, or btc-e redeemable code?
legendary
April 13, 2013, 05:41:08 AM
Do you have code to withdraw from btc-e via app?
legendary
April 13, 2013, 12:55:14 AM
Can't you just maintain USD balances at both, and execute the trades simultaneously? Don't they have free methods of withdrawal (that take a few days). If you have a buffer of BTC and USD at both you should be able to execute your arbitrage and even the balances out periodically right? Am I missing something?

Yes, that's what I suggest too since funds transfers may take much time.

But you can't deposit to btc-e or withdraw from btc-e without fees (unless you use btc-e redeemable code). If you live in the USA, you can withdraw almost for free with Dwolla, but I am not sure what is the best way to deposit to btc-e from Dwolla. OKPay is probably the easiest option and not that expensive. It also offers a debit card, so you can cash out with ATM Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
April 12, 2013, 08:00:39 PM
Can't you just maintain USD balances at both, and execute the trades simultaneously? Don't they have free methods of withdrawal (that take a few days). If you have a buffer of BTC and USD at both you should be able to execute your arbitrage and even the balances out periodically right? Am I missing something?
legendary
April 12, 2013, 07:15:06 PM
It was > 10% difference few minutes ago ($99 vs $111)
legendary
April 11, 2013, 01:11:20 PM
Got 12 referrals and $1 from one of them. Thanks! Smiley
legendary
April 10, 2013, 11:10:35 AM
At the moment the price spread between the BTC-e ask ($243) and the MTGox bid ($246) is just 1.2%, making arbitrage non-profitable.

At 4am last night, you would have saved $15 per coin.. it varies by time of day.  The margin needs to be at least 7% to be profitable and that's just to cover the fees to move money and coins between the two..

Sometimes the price difference is quite high. You lose 3-4% on fees, so if difference is higher than that, then it is profitable. Though probably the best strategy is to wait until the difference is at least 7%, otherwise you are likely to hit your withdrawal limits at mtgox without noticeable profit.
Activity: 175
Merit: 102
April 10, 2013, 10:42:20 AM
At the moment the price spread between the BTC-e ask ($243) and the MTGox bid ($246) is just 1.2%, making arbitrage non-profitable.

At 4am last night, you would have saved $15 per coin.. it varies by time of day.  The margin needs to be at least 7% to be profitable and that's just to cover the fees to move money and coins between the two..
legendary
April 10, 2013, 10:26:03 AM
That's a situation when you could move the money back to btc-e. Even with a loss, it might make sense...
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
April 10, 2013, 10:22:28 AM
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
April 10, 2013, 03:03:26 AM
Good luck moving USD from MtGox to BTC-E with low fee and faster than bitcoin rise.

If you have reserves on both exchanges, speed is not that important. You can transfer funds from BTC-e to MtGox with 0% fee via AurumXChange. But why would you do it?

Normally bitcoins are cheaper at BTC-e, so you want to move USD in opposite direction.

Unfortunately AurumXChange doesn't always allow to transfer funds from MtGox to Btc-e (and it will be impossible to withdraw with MtGox code soon), that's why I recommend OKPay here. OKPay also offers both plastic and virtual debit cards, that could be convenient for international MtGox users (who can't use Dwolla to withdraw funds).

Am I missing something? There's no way to withdraw USD from MtGox into OKPay. If you have some way that isn't obvious, please do share.

https://mtgox.com/trade/funding-options -- from this page I was able to add OKPay as withdraw method for USD.

This does not appear to work for me.

Did you try bank transfer option?

Oh look, there it is. Thanks!
legendary
April 10, 2013, 02:59:06 AM
Good luck moving USD from MtGox to BTC-E with low fee and faster than bitcoin rise.

If you have reserves on both exchanges, speed is not that important. You can transfer funds from BTC-e to MtGox with 0% fee via AurumXChange. But why would you do it?

Normally bitcoins are cheaper at BTC-e, so you want to move USD in opposite direction.

Unfortunately AurumXChange doesn't always allow to transfer funds from MtGox to Btc-e (and it will be impossible to withdraw with MtGox code soon), that's why I recommend OKPay here. OKPay also offers both plastic and virtual debit cards, that could be convenient for international MtGox users (who can't use Dwolla to withdraw funds).

Am I missing something? There's no way to withdraw USD from MtGox into OKPay. If you have some way that isn't obvious, please do share.

https://mtgox.com/trade/funding-options -- from this page I was able to add OKPay as withdraw method for USD.

Did you try bank transfer option?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
April 10, 2013, 02:32:00 AM

April 09, 2013, 11:25:42 PM

Well, I feel like an idiot. Added. Question - how long did it take for them to validate yours as a withdrawal method?  I'd really love to take advantage of the current spread between the two...
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
April 09, 2013, 05:44:04 PM
In fact actuall arbitrage between mtgox and btce and many others is visible in paid version of bitcon-analytics.com/#arbitrage for last 24 hours in real time.

So how much arbitragers are making per day nowadays?

You can have some understanding of it with free version of the bitcoin-analytics.com/#arbitrage which shows 6 hours delayed data.
legendary
April 09, 2013, 05:11:03 PM

April 09, 2013, 04:33:30 PM

legendary
April 09, 2013, 03:40:55 PM

legendary
April 09, 2013, 03:33:45 PM
In fact actuall arbitrage between mtgox and btce and many others is visible in paid version of bitcon-analytics.com/#arbitrage for last 24 hours in real time.

So how much arbitragers are making per day nowadays?
Pages:
Jump to: