Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox <-> Btc-e arbitrage ~3% profit - page 3. (Read 22505 times)

Activity: 379
Merit: 250
April 09, 2013, 02:32:58 PM
In fact actuall arbitrage between mtgox and btce and many others is visible in paid version of bitcon-analytics.com/#arbitrage for last 24 hours in real time.
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012
April 09, 2013, 11:54:20 AM
Yes, but still it is the most liquid exchange... Btw, Okpay requires documents too. But it processes them much quicker than MtGox Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
April 09, 2013, 11:19:25 AM
Personally, I do not use Gox anymore. All this AML verification, sending documents and whatnot. Not worth it imo.
legendary
April 09, 2013, 11:16:47 AM
That means you make orders in opposite directions almost simultaneously and don't care if the price goes up or down. I can't give the numbers though Smiley
Are USD transfers from Gox to Btc-e fast enough? Even an hour at this volatile price makes everything not worth it.

As I said, it takes from several minutes to several hours. So it is nice to have USD reserves in BTC-e. Well... I assume people don't put all their savings in bitcoin, just part of them.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
April 09, 2013, 11:15:04 AM
That means you make orders in opposite directions almost simultaneously and don't care if the price goes up or down. I can't give the numbers though Smiley
Are USD transfers from Gox to Btc-e fast enough? Even an hour at this volatile price makes everything not worth it.
legendary
April 09, 2013, 10:32:23 AM
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
April 09, 2013, 10:24:00 AM
what do you mean with "minimal risk" ?
legendary
April 09, 2013, 10:21:49 AM
I've noticed that the price difference between MtGox and BTC-e is often greater than 7%. But it takes only ~3% to transfer funds from MtGox to Btc-e.

So you can sell bitcoins for USD at MtGox, transfer funds to BTC-e and buy cheaper bitcoins there thus making ~3% with minimal risks.

The easy way of transferring funds from MtGox to Btc-e is OKPay. I noticed that transfers may take from several minutes to couple days though, so it might be a good idea to make reserves of USD at BTC-e before placing your buy and sell orders.

Minimizing the interval between buys and sells you minimize your risks. Though it might be a good idea to make sure that sell order at MtGox executes before placing your buy order at btc-e since sometimes MtGox is really slow.

Why am I writing all this? Just hoping to get some passive income via OKPay's referral program. So if you find this advise useful, please use my link to get registered: https://www.okpay.com/?rbp=arsenische
Pages:
Jump to: