Pages:
Author

Topic: MTGOX claim site is up - page 2. (Read 3033 times)

irb
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
June 21, 2011, 04:07:48 PM

Could someone point me towards some information where we, the MtGox user base, have verified that the people claiming to be Mt. Gox are who they say they are? I do hope that, after a security incident like this, people aren't just handing over more of their financial and personal information just because they're asking for it.

Thanks!
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 21, 2011, 02:23:15 PM
the recovery page is so fucking slow, feels like they are being DDoSd again, anyone?

I did not face issues during submitting the claim.
Looked pretty ok, though that was done as soon as the site was up.
Activity: 56
June 21, 2011, 02:15:26 PM
the recovery page is so fucking slow, feels like they are being DDoSd again, anyone?
June 21, 2011, 01:07:33 PM
This goes far beyond, one account, a measly $1k, and a user database. this is means anyone who used the same password for their email could have the passwords to other accounts recovered to the email without knowing the original. so get access to the email. find where they have accounts. paypal, bitmarket, banks, this forum, their mining sites, dating sites, dwolla, liberty reserve, everything. they might of sent a an ecrypted zip of their wallet to themselves via their email. they might of had a very important conversation with someone. money pak numbers in emails. endless possibilities. amazon accounts, ebay, godaddy, ect ect ect. this spiderwebs out.

even lulzier is bitcoin is a community of people who mine by decoding hashes. someone with a killer mining set up could rainbow table the shit out of any encryption.  md5 encryptions can be easily cracked by morons via sites like md5decrypter.co.uk and the freebsdmd5 hashes by process's like this http://hansatan.com/?d=jtrguide

So theyre going to dictate the price at 17.50 when the exchange comes back.  who values this shit at $17 right now? someone bought a fuckload for penny each. and were supposed to buy at $17.50. i mean thats all fine and dandy for everyone getting out of bitcoins, but thats no good for the market in general.

mtgox is a buncha fuckups who lost lots of people alot of money, set back a revolution and wont take responsibility for handing out the database to an auditor for reasons unknown. i know what auditors do, no reason for him to have emails and logins. fucking morons down at mtgox have fucked up big time.
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
June 21, 2011, 01:04:04 PM
so because all the hashed passwords and emails were leaked. mtgox is going to authenticate accounts through emails...by entering the old password. and a new password...

then gives the option of adding additional information. like dwolla which would be most common, which u sign in from your email. whoose password recovery works through email. so if someone had access to the account becuase the mtgox password is the same as the email which is common. they could find emails from dwolla, do a password recovery to the email. and viola a malicious attack on personal mtgox accounts.

soooo fucking stupid.

Edit: i am wanting to see if my mtgox has been emptied. cant wait ::thumbs up:: thanks mtgox!
duran they've setup a second "proof" procedure. ip/bank account or whatever you can provide.
June 21, 2011, 12:57:14 PM
so because all the hashed passwords and emails were leaked. mtgox is going to authenticate accounts through emails...by entering the old password. and a new password...

then gives the option of adding additional information. like dwolla which would be most common, which u sign in from your email. whoose password recovery works through email. so if someone had access to the account becuase the mtgox password is the same as the email which is common. they could find emails from dwolla, do a password recovery to the email. and viola a malicious attack on personal mtgox accounts.

soooo fucking stupid.

Edit: i am wanting to see if my mtgox has been emptied. cant wait ::thumbs up:: thanks mtgox!
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 21, 2011, 12:33:29 PM
Hurry, submit your claims  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: