Pages:
Author

Topic: MTGOX to collapse if Japan goes "the Cyprus way" ? - page 3. (Read 4600 times)

donator
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Foreign capital becomes an easy target for troubled governments.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004
The EU forced Cyprus' hand.  Why would Japan force Japan to seize bank funds so that Japan will bailout Japan?

so true !
donator
The EU forced Cyprus' hand.  Why would Japan force Japan to seize bank funds so that Japan will bailout Japan.

Just two weeks ago I couldn't imagine that EU can go robbing bank savings. Now I have lost most of my assets. I got a hard lesson.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1087
The EU forced Cyprus' hand.  Why would Japan force Japan to seize bank funds so that Japan will bailout Japan.

Exactly, the Japanese government can print more yen to bailout their banks
kgo
Activity: 548
Merit: 500
The EU forced Cyprus' hand.  Why would Japan force Japan to seize bank funds so that Japan will bailout Japan?
donator
All USD wires are still go to their Japanese account. Just imagine their losses in case of Cyprus scenario.
It's time to think about alternatives. I believe decentralization is the key factor in bitcoin's stability.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226
Away on an extended break
I thought MT.Gox is migrating to the US now?
donator
I suppose that some people are happy to see Cyprus sinking in the financial abyss as BTC price skyrockets and causes megaprofits.
But, did you ever think what would happen to MTGOX if Japan goes the Cyprus way and grab bank deposits to repay its debt?

Some of alarming articles in press.
Forget Cyprus, Japan Is The Real Crisis - Forbes
Financial Ticking Time Bomb 2013, Japan the Greece of Asia
Looming financial crisis in Japan deserves our attention

Pages:
Jump to: