Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox . . . Warning about MtGox . . . TAKE THE NEW POLL!! - page 3. (Read 8742 times)

Activity: 501
Merit: 500
I too have a small amount stuck in there. Fuck you gox

I wonder if there is anyone that reads this thread that has an MtGox account they can withdraw from. I'll put up a survey at the top.

I have a MtGox account that I can withdraw from, but I'm not interested in withdrawing BTC at this point (and I only have a negligible sum of BTC there, I'm pretty much 100% fiat at Gox). EUR withdrawals do work although they're hellishly slow and getting slower. I have one withdrawal in the queue and I expect to receive it in January in the best case. Might be several months later in the worst case.
Activity: 924
Merit: 506

I wonder if there is anyone that reads this thread that has an MtGox account they can withdraw from. I'll put up a survey at the top.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

double spend is an attack to the bitcoin network. What are you referring to ? There is no such thing in that link.

It wasn't a response to anyone about double spending. I posted that for general reading on MtGox. Yet, I think the earlier question about solvency was what triggered me to link it.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
nearly dead

double spend is an attack to the bitcoin network. What are you referring to ? There is no such thing in that link.
nearly dead
MTGOX is insolvent!!!

They have no funds (USD) to send out to customers and good luck trying to withdraw your BTC's. Recently a tech savvy person posted proof that MTGOX was double spending.

Stay clear of them.

Where is the double spend proof ?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
MTGOX is insolvent!!!

They have no funds (USD) to send out to customers and good luck trying to withdraw your BTC's. Recently a tech savvy person posted proof that MTGOX was double spending.

Stay clear of them.
nearly dead
I was never able to withdraw bitcoins from MtGox without being verified, but I'm not a long time user there (about 1 year now).
Please no more anti-gox spam.

Though I can appreciate a possible frustration with the topic from you. You call it spam, but people affected by MtGox negatively don't see it that way. Perhaps, you are a successful customer of theirs, some kind of advocate for them or just bored with the topic. Freedom of expression against a large exchanges harmful practices is not spam. The easy fix, for your concern, is don't read threads with subject headings in which you aren't interested (e.g. those with capitalized MTGOX).
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1059
Please no more anti-gox spam.
What's the most popular alternative to Mt.Gox?

I really hate Mt.Gox...
it has horrible trading engine lag, traps people's funds, takes AGES to withdraw anything.

bitstamp, they are very professional compared to mtgox cowboy attitude
hmm.. i guess i'll give it a shot

i'm starting to think it's better to just buy/sell BTC in person

Yeah, that is seeming to be more and more true. It's hard to beat the corporate mentality.

That MtGox would freeze an account for fear of AML (anti-money laundering) when the account can't even launder fiat money makes just zero sense. If you put bitcoin in and take it out, you still just end up with bitcoin - no fiat was laundered. And if they are fearing people will use the exchange to obfuscate the history of bitcoin transactions, then that defies common sense. Why ? Other than that who cares, you can obfuscate your bitcoins anyway with easier things like easywallet or bitfog... and apparently dark wallet (coming soon)...and other methods. So, AML really should have no affect any bitcoin-only withdrawals and deposits to accounts.
Let's keep this thread bumped up every now and then to serve as a "flag" in the face of MtGox. In the event they check the forums, we will at least shine light into their house on the problems that they are causing everyday people by separating them from their bitcoins. If they want to end this threads visibility, they can simply respond positively... and quit acting like verification nazi's demanding "where are your papers". Verification might be ok in rare cases. But if a person opens an anonymous account, they should just let the person trade bitcoin, and withdraw or deposit bitcoin without fear of having the nazi's lock up the funds for no common sense reasons.

They defy the spirit of bitcoin. One friend told me this is why people should avoid the exchanges and banking like institutions, and do more person to person transactions. Bitcoin was meant to free people, not enslave them to essentially the same system.
Activity: 322

I really hate Mt.Gox...
it has horrible trading engine lag, traps people's funds, takes AGES to withdraw anything.

hmm.. i guess i'll give it a shot

i'm starting to think it's better to just buy/sell BTC in person
Activity: 229
Merit: 101

I really hate Mt.Gox...

Activity: 322

I really hate Mt.Gox...
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I'm having this exact same issue with Bitstamp! I've deposited some bitcoins, they've changed the rules and now I'm stuck without any option to retrieve bitcoins without going through verification ... I've even tried the verification and it's not easy as they keep refusing my documents! So both Mtgox and Bitstamp are doing "bait and switch" ... which exchange can we trust ?

EDIT: actually I've just checked and the bitcoin transfer I've initiated yesterday from an unverified Mtgox account worked. So they are better then Bitstamp Wink
Has anyone seen any articles discussing any legal action against MtGox by users?
We've known this for weeks to months, that MT.GOX sucks, horrible withdraw services and bitching verification process.  Guys, don't even touch MT.gox, this forum is a lot better, or any other exchange.

I realize they have had issues with withdrawing dollars. But have you known for weeks that MtGox requires verification just to trade only bitcoins in & out of an anonymous account? They have essentially trapped my funds. Maybe, they are going out of business want to cease funds.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
We've known this for weeks to months, that MT.GOX sucks, horrible withdraw services and bitching verification process.  Guys, don't even touch MT.gox, this forum is a lot better, or any other exchange.
Pages:
Jump to: