Pages:
Author

Topic: MTGOX whistleblower...the plot thickens. - page 3. (Read 5351 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
The Forum was also complicit in the MTGOX mess. The MODS would shit-can any negative post or question regarding the solvency of MTGOX.  Hope the those specific MODS lost everything on GOX.

I don't recall this, I was warning people about Gox for years (as were many others) and I don't recall having any posts deleted.
legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000
It's good to see the mtgox and foundation stuff starting to get fired up and talked about here again.

Yes, as a reminder to stop trusting third parties.

By the way, stop trusting third parties.

lol - If people get told enough times, maybe they will eventually listen. I mean, is a hundred times enough?
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
Here comes a ANOTHER crash....
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
These few weeks must be the storm before the calm. Yeah right. Such fun Cheesy
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Brad Willman, SSCP, LTCP, MCTS,SCE,BCE
It's good to see the mtgox and foundation stuff starting to get fired up and talked about here again. I for one think the whole satoshi bullshit that's happening right now was a clever ruse to draw attention away from the scandal. I don't want to be a weird tinfoil conspiracy theorist but none of this smells right.
Activity: 874
nless he's willing to publish and be damned regardless of whether or not Vessenes and Matonis step down, then he's not a crusader for truth at all - he's just another egomaniac seeking validation.

Completely agree, the blog post is massively attention seeking.  He could have simply mailed the two guys in question with the facts he has and told them he would reveal unless they stepped down.

Nope, that would just make him a blackmailer.  He has no integrity as a "whistle-blower" if there's any scenario under which he won't publish the information of wrong-doing he claims to have.  By not publishing, he's with-holding the very information he's accusing them of being wrong for with-holding.
I don't care whether he is good guy or bad guy - if his information is correct and the board is stacked with this type of cheating, this is real bad for bitcoin. REAL BAD. 

Activity: 868
nless he's willing to publish and be damned regardless of whether or not Vessenes and Matonis step down, then he's not a crusader for truth at all - he's just another egomaniac seeking validation.

Completely agree, the blog post is massively attention seeking.  He could have simply mailed the two guys in question with the facts he has and told them he would reveal unless they stepped down.

Nope, that would just make him a blackmailer.  He has no integrity as a "whistle-blower" if there's any scenario under which he won't publish the information of wrong-doing he claims to have.  By not publishing, he's with-holding the very information he's accusing them of being wrong for with-holding.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Oh boy mtgox
Activity: 868
March 07, 2014, 08:54:35 PM
The problem with TBI's stance is that he's threatening to publish the information unless Vessenes and Matonis step down, which implies that he won't publish it if they do.  

That's not bringing transparency to the activities of the Foundation.  If he has evidence of wrong-doing, then he should publish it whether or not Vessenes and Matonis step down.  If he doesn't, then he becomes complicit in the "cover up" he alleges is occurring.

He's rapidly becoming the kind of media whore he yesterday accused Leah McGrath Goodman of being.  Unless he's willing to publish and be damned regardless of whether or not Vessenes and Matonis step down, then he's not a crusader for truth at all - he's just another egomaniac seeking validation.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
March 07, 2014, 08:52:16 PM
The Forum was also complicit in the MTGOX mess. The MODS would shit-can any negative post or question regarding the solvency of MTGOX.  Hope the those specific MODS lost everything on GOX.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
March 07, 2014, 08:28:53 PM
Imagine that!!
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
March 07, 2014, 08:19:07 PM
corruption like any other
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
March 07, 2014, 08:17:35 PM
I feel like I'm watching a movie everyday.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
March 07, 2014, 08:12:59 PM
Finally.. This is going to get hot and heavy.
Pages:
Jump to: