Pages:
Author

Topic: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering] - page 21. (Read 908459 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
August 02, 2015, 09:56:11 AM
[–]MtGox_Adam 3 points 25 minutes ago
He VNC'd into a remote linux desktop, and accessed the wallet from there. It wasn't cold storage... that was what I was trying to say.
permalinksaveparentreportgive goldreply
[–]singularity87 1 point 24 minutes ago
Holyshit.
[–]tecopos 1 point 23 minutes ago
So there was NO cold storage at the time you worked there? I'm seriously shocked by some stuff I'm reading here, this is far worse than I thought.
[–]jrmxrf 1 point 33 minutes ago
VNC'd, not SSH'd, that's not a typo, right? We're talking mtgox "cold" storage.

I'm seriously ROTFLMAO here. He's either trolling or we're talking about the perfect guy (MK) to do everything wrong (in every aspect possible)... Undecided

Nothing new here. At one point MK referred to "cold storage" as something being behind a firewall.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
August 01, 2015, 10:12:10 PM
The first day of Marks new life, hope the bunk wasn't to harsh after the penthouse. Hope I can send some mail at times just to cheer him up a bit.

Great idea, we should start a snail mail campaign sending photos of how great life is on the outside, once he gets settled in as being the cell block gaijin pet.
Activity: 89
Merit: 13
August 01, 2015, 09:23:28 PM
The first day of Marks new life, hope the bunk wasn't to harsh after the penthouse. Hope I can send some mail at times just to cheer him up a bit.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
August 01, 2015, 08:57:01 AM
[–]MtGox_Adam 3 points 25 minutes ago
He VNC'd into a remote linux desktop, and accessed the wallet from there. It wasn't cold storage... that was what I was trying to say.
[–]singularity87 1 point 24 minutes ago
Holyshit.
[–]tecopos 1 point 23 minutes ago
So there was NO cold storage at the time you worked there? I'm seriously shocked by some stuff I'm reading here, this is far worse than I thought.
[–]jrmxrf 1 point 33 minutes ago
VNC'd, not SSH'd, that's not a typo, right? We're talking mtgox "cold" storage.

I'm seriously ROTFLMAO here. He's either trolling or we're talking about the perfect guy (MK) to do everything wrong (in every aspect possible)... Undecided
Activity: 910
Merit: 1003
August 01, 2015, 07:59:22 AM
Ashley Barr, A.K.A "Adam Turner", the first Mt.Gox employee (Jun/2011--May/2012), is doing an Ask Me Anything (AMA) session on reddit.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
August 01, 2015, 03:29:31 AM
https://news.yahoo.com/japan-police-arrest-mtgox-ceo-over-loss-bitcoins-234541269.html

In contrast to Yahoo, the Japanese mainstream media portray him as the CEO of bitcoin  Roll Eyes
Activity: 144
August 01, 2015, 01:51:59 AM
Yup, he was arrested this morning.   Woot, he ain't going to like Japanese prison.   Rot in there you fucker.   Here in JP you can sit in prison for up to 23 days without being charged.  

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/news/20150801_05.html
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
July 30, 2015, 10:00:13 PM
Words from Mark yesterday:

http://www.magicaltux.net/post/124057497654/silk-road-timeline

And now today, police possibly charging Mark:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3f71p2/bitcoin_exchange_ceo_mark_karpeles_to_be_charged/

Where are the addresses?

If there was a theft, then Mark had the addresses, and so do Japanese police. The addresses will have to come out now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/33k23y/where_are_the_mtgox_addresses/
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
July 09, 2015, 08:50:39 AM
This goes to those who missed the memo:

To whom it may concern,

Since April 22, 2015, we have been making available an online bankruptcy claim filing system (hereinafter referred to as the “System”) that enables users of MTGOX Co., Ltd.’s Bitcoin exchange (hereinafter MTGOX Co., Ltd. will be referred to as “MTGOX” and the said users will be referred to as “Users”) to make online filings of their bankruptcy claims, etc. at our website (https://claims.mtgox.com) in relation to MTGOX’s bankruptcy proceedings (case number 2014 (fu) no. 3830 at the Tokyo District Court; hereinafter referred to as the “Bankruptcy Proceedings”).

Currently, the bankruptcy trustee is accepting bankruptcy claims filed by Users using the System (the “Online Method”). The period for filing bankruptcy claims was until May 29, 2015, but the bankruptcy trustee has been accepting filings of bankruptcy claims after the expiry of the said period.

The bankruptcy trustee decided that the deadline for filing bankruptcy claims using the Online Method will be 12 noon on July 29, 2015 (Japan time).

Therefore, after 12 noon on July 29, 2015, the only things that a User will be able to do using the Online Method will be to (i) view bankruptcy claims that he or she has filed himself or herself and (ii) transfer his or her bankruptcy claims to another person. Further details regarding transfers of claims which are mentioned in sub-paragraph (ii) will be announced through the MTGOX website (http://www.mtgox.com/) at a later time. However, nearer the time of distribution, the bankruptcy trustee is planning to give Users an opportunity to use the System again to make changes to the details of their bankruptcy claims other than increasing the amount of the bankruptcy claims that Users have filed (for example, changes in their addresses or company names) (Users will not be able to file new bankruptcy claims or to increase the amount of the bankruptcy claims that they have filed).

General instructions and FAQs regarding filling of bankruptcy claims and details of how to file a bankruptcy claim if you are unable to use the System, etc. are available in the news release section of the MTGOX website (http://www.mtgox.com/). Please read these news releases as well.

This e-mail address ([email protected]) is used only for the purpose of sending messages, and we are unable to check or respond to any replies sent to this e-mail address. We intend to provide information regarding the Bankruptcy Proceedings by posting it on MTGOX’s website (http://www.mtgox.com/ ), so please check this website on a regular basis.

We thank you for your cooperation.
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
July 02, 2015, 01:59:15 PM
I -just- cannot avoid the hefty thought and thus -consequently- the correlation:

650K+200K=850K missing... Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
July 02, 2015, 01:43:02 PM

It's all over the news; it seems no one is untouched by the charm of Bitcoin... Tongue
Seriously now, I first thought it was a "set up" story by the US Gov't. It seems to be backed up by serious data & evidence though. I wonder if SR has others in the bin apart from the known ones...

around 650K BTC?

If they could find the 650k due to some corrupt dude on the inside for some reason then that would be great.  Probably find a way to steal it though.
Activity: 238
July 02, 2015, 12:34:25 PM

It's all over the news; it seems no one is untouched by the charm of Bitcoin... Tongue
Seriously now, I first thought it was a "set up" story by the US Gov't. It seems to be backed up by serious data & evidence though. I wonder if SR has others in the bin apart from the known ones...

around 650K BTC?
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
July 02, 2015, 11:52:49 AM

Activity: 238
June 13, 2015, 01:11:25 PM
This might be interesting:

Criminal Charges Against Agents Reveal Staggering Corruption in the Silk Road Investigation

Two of the law enforcement agents involved in the tangled multi-agency investigation into the Silk Road have been charged by the Department of Justice for stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars (at the very least) in bitcoin. The criminal complaint against former DEA agent Carl Mark Force IV and former Secret Service agent Shaun Bridges alleges money laundering, wire fraud, theft of government property, and more. But more shockingly, it tells the story of a sprawling case tainted by an unbelievable web of corruption. A state’s witness took the fall for an agent’s theft, thus becoming the target for a murder-for-hire—a murder that was then faked by the same agent. The Silk Road case was compromised again and again as Force and Bridges allegedly took every opportunity to embezzle and steal money. With so much bitcoin on their hands, the two had to coax various bitcoin and payments companies to help convert their ill-gotten gains to dollars. When companies resisted, investigations were launched, subpoenas were issued, and civil forfeitures were sought in retaliation.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahjeong/2015/03/31/force-and-bridges/

oh god! This was predicted in a thread where it was announced that they had confiscated the coins. I cant seem to locate it now. If someone can locate it please post it here.

Somewhere along the line I myself argued that it was a strong hypothesis that Mt. Gox's main problems stemmed from actions promulgated by the U.S. govt.  I am sure I proposed it several times on this board (if not this thread), and I even offered to Mt. Gox that I would be happy to lend some assistance as a harmed party should they wish to pursue a racketeering charge or some such.

What I really didn't imagine was that part of the problems were that Federal agents had gone rouge and were stealing coins themselves!  Even my rather conspiratorial mind and strong mis-trust of my government to be honest actors was unable to assign any creadence to such a wild hypothesis.  But there it is.

Since I am, as I say, prone to entertain various hypothesis, and since I am aware of a major step-up of psychological operations by my govt lately, I will propose the possibility that this whole 'bad agents' thing is concocted to cover for certain other activities.  I'll reject that if these guys are wearing orange jumpsuits in a prison yard in a few years.  Of course everyone will have forgotten about everything by that time.

If you are right, and indicting the rouge agents represents some kind of limited hang out masking a deeper government operation, then how do explain the missing $27 million cash in bank deposits in addition to the bitcoins gone missing, as well as the bank shenanigans during the final days of Mt. Gox reported by mtgoxinvestigation.com? It seems overly simplistic to merely believe the USG pulled off this heist, although obviously rogue agents could have been involved at some level. Also,  what do you make of the Tokyo police leak in January that an insider was involved?
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
June 12, 2015, 02:05:03 AM

Criminal Charges Against Agents Reveal Staggering Corruption in the Silk Road Investigation

Two of the law enforcement agents involved in the tangled multi-agency investigation into the Silk Road have been charged by the Department of Justice for stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars (at the very least) in bitcoin. The criminal complaint against former DEA agent Carl Mark Force IV and former Secret Service agent Shaun Bridges alleges money laundering, wire fraud, theft of government property, and more. But more shockingly, it tells the story of a sprawling case tainted by an unbelievable web of corruption. A state’s witness took the fall for an agent’s theft, thus becoming the target for a murder-for-hire—a murder that was then faked by the same agent. The Silk Road case was compromised again and again as Force and Bridges allegedly took every opportunity to embezzle and steal money. With so much bitcoin on their hands, the two had to coax various bitcoin and payments companies to help convert their ill-gotten gains to dollars. When companies resisted, investigations were launched, subpoenas were issued, and civil forfeitures were sought in retaliation.

oh god! This was predicted in a thread where it was announced that they had confiscated the coins. I cant seem to locate it now. If someone can locate it please post it here.

Somewhere along the line I myself argued that it was a strong hypothesis that Mt. Gox's main problems stemmed from actions promulgated by the U.S. govt.  I am sure I proposed it several times on this board (if not this thread), and I even offered to Mt. Gox that I would be happy to lend some assistance as a harmed party should they wish to pursue a racketeering charge or some such.

What I really didn't imagine was that part of the problems were that Federal agents had gone rouge and were stealing coins themselves!  Even my rather conspiratorial mind and strong mis-trust of my government to be honest actors was unable to assign any creadence to such a wild hypothesis.  But there it is.

Since I am, as I say, prone to entertain various hypothesis, and since I am aware of a major step-up of psychological operations by my govt lately, I will propose the possibility that this whole 'bad agents' thing is concocted to cover for certain other activities.  I'll reject that if these guys are wearing orange jumpsuits in a prison yard in a few years.  Of course everyone will have forgotten about everything by that time.

legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
June 11, 2015, 05:00:21 AM
Did anyone get any emails to start the claims process? If not, how would we know apart from checking the forums everyday? (I didn't get any emails but I didn't have anything there)

Yeah i have no contact from anyone yet.  Looking forward to geting some coin back though lets hope enough people picked they want their money in bitcoin so it makes the decision real easy.
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003
June 11, 2015, 04:50:28 AM

legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
June 03, 2015, 12:13:38 PM

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1059
June 03, 2015, 05:32:32 AM
The Offline Claimant form, anyone knows what email to send that to ? I missed the 29 May deadline, but hopefully they will accept my claim.

I wonder what will happen with this.

Offline means offline. You send it by snail mail.
You can still make a claim, but hurry up!

We have made a little tutorial:

https://wiki.olivere.de/goxwiki.ro/HereWeGo.html

For the offline claim see:

https://wiki.olivere.de/goxwiki.ro/OfflineClaim.html

Pages:
Jump to: