Pages:
Author

Topic: Multi bit - page 2. (Read 282 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
November 30, 2021, 11:50:01 AM
Scroll down and view the addresses generated. Verify the addresses match the addresses in Multibit, starting from the earliest to latest.
Copy & paste all of the private keys from the private key column. Yes, you will have to freakin' copy & paste like 20-100 keys depending on how much you have been using Multibit! (Oh it get's worse!)
This is a very strange way of using Ian Coleman. Much better would be to enter the BIP32 Derivation Path as m/0' and then just copy the BIP32 Extended Private Key and import that in to Electrum. It will generate all your addresses without having to copy and paste every key individually, and it will also generate your change addresses which the method in this link does not. An even better way of recovering the MultiBit seed phrase would be to just put the seed phrase in to Electrum, tell it is BIP39, and then choose the appropriate derivation path.

OP, try doing this:

• Open Electrum and create a new wallet
  • Select "Standard wallet"
  • Select "I already have a seed"
  • Enter your MultiBit seed phrase
  • Click "Options" and select "BIP39 seed"
  • Select "legacy (p2pkh)"
  • Change m/44'/0'/0' to m/0'

Those addresses should match the one from your MultiBit wallet and allow you to spend your coins.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5634
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
November 30, 2021, 10:47:04 AM
I went to the site you mentioned, but I did not understand how to export, I did not use githup before, I did not understand what was written, I do not understand in English, I use translation.

Then use Google translator, copy/paste that link and translate the whole page in your own language. Alternatively, you can seek help at your local board.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=133.0

If you were to connect to my computer, would you be able to do this job because I haven't been able to do it for 2 months and I have no software knowledge, I'm from Turkey.

Unfortunately, I will not connect to your computer, nor should you allow it to someone else - especially strangers. I also don't want to jeopardize my reputation in case you don't actually have those 5 BTCs, and there is even a suspicion that I may have stolen them in the process.

You need :

1. https://iancoleman.io/bip39/

2. Follow the instructions :

Go here and save the web page to disk: https://iancoleman.github.io/bip39/

Unplug your network cable, and disable your WiFi network connections

Input your Multibit seed words into the BIP39 tool. Select BIP32 tab, and MultibitHD for client.

Scroll down and view the addresses generated. Verify the addresses match the addresses in Multibit, starting from the earliest to latest.
Copy & paste all of the private keys from the private key column. Yes, you will have to freakin' copy & paste like 20-100 keys depending on how much you have been using Multibit! (Oh it get's worse!)

These are only the original keys. Whenever you send a payment, you get change to a 'change address'. Those are not listed! If you have sent any payments, you need the change address keys also. To get the change address keys, read the following.

3. Once you get your private keys, you need Electrum - https://electrum.org/#home

Start Electrum, create a new wallet, and select Import Private Keys. Wait at the input box.

When the wallet is synchronized, you should see an updated balance.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
November 30, 2021, 08:31:40 AM
I went to the site you mentioned, but I did not understand how to export, I did not use githup before, I did not understand what was written, I do not understand in English, I use translation. My cold wallet does not have a wallet, I only have a seed key and password, there is no wallet file. If you were to connect to my computer, would you be able to do this job because I haven't been able to do it for 2 months and I have no software knowledge, I'm from Turkey.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5634
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
November 30, 2021, 08:14:35 AM
The first important thing, do not send your seed or wallet file to anyone, no matter who contacts you via email or private message.

As far as I know, if you enter a seed from MultiBit in Electrum, you will not be able to recover the wallet because they are not compatible. The first solution is to use iancoleman (offline) and, according to the instructions, extract your private keys, and then import them into Electrum (more info here : https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/53419/how-do-i-import-a-multibit-hd-wallet-with-seeds-into-electrum)

Another option is to find a wallet that is compatible with MultiBit seed, and the information says you can do this with a BRD wallet, but only with 12 words seed. I'm not sure if there's another compatible wallet - so you have the first option.

Make sure you have a clean computer and use iancoleman offline.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
November 30, 2021, 07:52:03 AM
Hello there,

I need help with my cold wallets. I have a multi-bit wallet and I know its 18-phrase seed key and password, but I know the password, but when installing the multi-bit program, 5 BTC appears in it, but the installation takes days, but it is not completed. I waited for almost 1 month, but the installation is not completed, I tried to open the electrum wallet with the seed key, but I could not do it. There are more than 5 Bitcoins inside but I can't access it. Can someone with knowledge on the subject help me? I can see the BTCs inside, but I can't access the platform because the Blockchain cannot download and synchronization cannot be provided. I would appreciate if someone knowledgeable can help.
Pages:
Jump to: