Pages:
Author

Topic: MultiBit - page 14. (Read 336135 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 500
https://youengine.io/
May 25, 2014, 05:14:54 AM
Here are the 3 Tx>

031bea2bd85c5b1e1c6c1021abc53705b2a7f2fa449c7f4ae6c3aa46394d35b5
da3a98c8b97381c050160bdbeaed02b1a5bd0a2049abbaf36be11e0b478697b6

in the last one i have 2 payments.

My wallet ids>

1EvWzwVFqe49hnrG64STKkRpbAxRrkYi2M
18YzXPB6xu8eXiWXsG3NBxeKfMqDv3sUHd

My working Wallet Id which is in the same wallet folder the first id>

1JedNPEBAKeGPVeBhUeDWr7Skv7WN6XiZg

Hop you can help me. Screenshot from wallet i have a problem.

Please check the clock on your computer, check date and time. If its accidentally wrong then:

• quit Multibit
  • set the clock correctly, make sure that year, month, day, hour, everything are correctly set to today plus/minus a few minutes.
  • restart MultiBit and watch it synching on its own, do NOT click "reset block chain", this would mess it up, just let it sync on its own.

If its still not correct then here is the procedure how to force-sync everything

• quit Multibit
  • set the clock to some time in February 2009. do not choose any date before 2009-02 or it won't work, you can choose a later date if none of your keys is that old but not earlier, so if you are around only since 2012 then choose some date in 2012 before you started using this wallet.
  • Start Multibit
  • Reset block chain
  • Wait until it says "Synchronizing", all tx will disappear but there will be no progress, this is expected, syncing will hang
  • Quit Multibit
  • set the clock to today, set it to the exact date and time of today
  • Start Multibit
  • Do NOT reset the block chain now, instead just watch it sync on its own.

After this your wallet should be synced correctly and show all tx

-----

@jim618: last week when looking at the code it seemed to me (if I remember correctly and if my interpretation was correct, I only had a cursory look at it) that when the user clicks "reset block chain" it will to the following:

find the date of oldest transaction in the tx list, if found then use that, ignore creationTimeSeconds. If no tx is found then use earliest creationTimeSeconds (oldest key). If its zero (undefined) then [not sure, probably do the wrong thing]. Problem is: In MultiBit the creation time of the keys is always zero! As soon as the wallet has no tx anymore it does not know from when to sync! And even worse: if it has some tx but is for whatever reason missing the oldest tx then it will never be able to correctly sync! It doesn't actually matter why it has missed a transaction, reset is supposed to fix this condition without knowing the reason but it can't!

With the above way of hitting "reset blockchain" while the clock was wrong a few times I managed to bring my old wallet (tx since 2011) into a state where it had only the last two tx from a few months ago and flat out refused to sync any earlier date, it considered these as the oldest tx in my wallet and synched only from this date onwards! I had to apply the above crude procedure to force-sync it from 2011 again. I think this is the bug that breaks reliable wallet syncing! Either because all keys are stored with creation date = undefined or because the algorithm to determine sync date is fundamentally flawed. Please bring back the calendar control to be able to override the wrong decisions of this heuristic and manually choose a date in the past to force-sync.
Activity: 995
May 24, 2014, 02:02:10 PM
Here are the 3 Tx>

031bea2bd85c5b1e1c6c1021abc53705b2a7f2fa449c7f4ae6c3aa46394d35b5
da3a98c8b97381c050160bdbeaed02b1a5bd0a2049abbaf36be11e0b478697b6

in the last one i have 2 payments.

My wallet ids>

1EvWzwVFqe49hnrG64STKkRpbAxRrkYi2M
18YzXPB6xu8eXiWXsG3NBxeKfMqDv3sUHd

My working Wallet Id which is in the same wallet folder the first id>

1JedNPEBAKeGPVeBhUeDWr7Skv7WN6XiZg

Hop you can help me. Screenshot from wallet i have a problem.
May 24, 2014, 01:41:54 PM
Yes they are confirmed. I will post a pic and tix ids in 10.30 minutes. Thanks for your help!
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066
May 24, 2014, 01:23:53 PM
Thanks a lot. Also read that in the faq or somewhere.
Also resetted the blockchain. Nothing came in.
From my old Wallet ID everything arrived. Old and new payments.
From the other newer wallet ids nothing came in.

Perhaps post a screen shot of the receiving addresses and state which tx in particular you are looking at ?
May 24, 2014, 12:44:58 PM
This is strange, are they visible on blockchain.info with at least 1 confirmation?
May 24, 2014, 12:25:46 PM
Thanks a lot. Also read that in the faq or somewhere.
Also resetted the blockchain. Nothing came in.
From my old Wallet ID everything arrived. Old and new payments.
May 24, 2014, 12:22:46 PM
but i didnt receive the payments to the ther Wallet ids! Can give you also transaction code. They are sent and confirmed. Thank you very much!
Try resetting the block chain (last item in the tools menu)

Sometimes for some reasons Multibit doesn't receive all tx records it asked for from its connected peers and therefore Multibit simply does not "see" the transaction although it exists. This means you have received the money and everything is fine, just the wallet app did not receive the needed information for some reason (network problems, other connected nodes having problems, etc) and you just can't see it and it appears like it is missing. This is not dangerous, only annoying but it happens only rarely and can easily be corrected.

Resetting the block chain will make it ask for the needed blocks again (and this time it will most likely ask a bunch of different nodes, not the same ones again) and if nothing else is fundamentally screwed up then the "missing" transactions should become visible.
May 24, 2014, 11:42:19 AM
Hello,

i hope you can help me. I use Multibit for a time. Everything perfect.
Now i needed two more Wallet ids. i clicked under receiving address on new.
Created 2 new wallet ids. They are standing below now with my old one.
Payment to the old one working perfect but i didnt receive the payments to the ther Wallet ids! Can give you also transaction code. They are sent and confirmed. Thank you very much!
May 16, 2014, 10:28:37 AM
I'm not sure about your VPN connection but the ability to import 'json.aes' functionality has been removed.
There is an explanation abot this in the blog article here:
https://multibit.org/blog/2014/04/28/private-key-safety-improvements.html

-_- great way to piss people off.
Only if you are pissed off by increased security.

There are external tools that allow you to do this in a much more controlled manner, specifically designed for that purpose only.

I can understand the decision to remove this contributed and unmaintained (and broken) code from Multibit. This removes the possibility of 3rd-party induced fuckups in these obscure file formats to explode and cause damage right inside the wallet application itself and the subsequent undeserved blame on its developers. Now if it explodes during import in the separate external tools it won't have come anywhere close to your actual wallet and you are alerted that there was a problem with this file long before anything has even touched your live wallet. The external tool is forced to play by Multibit's rules to exchange data and not the other way around. This shifts the responsibility (and dangers) of having to maintain and secure other people's file formats or code from Multibit to the external tool where it belongs. Multibit has less exposure to these outside influences and the external tool can cause less or no damage at all if it fails.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
May 10, 2014, 04:24:48 PM
I'm not sure about your VPN connection but the ability to import 'json.aes' functionality has been removed.

-_- great way to piss people off.
legendary
May 08, 2014, 06:10:36 AM
Activity: 168
Lithium core developer
May 08, 2014, 05:04:29 AM
Is there something new one on Multibit.qt that I missed?
cause a few hours ago seems it just fine even I use vpn. but now, it's keep giving me an Error message which is something wrong with Java. so what I do is I'm trying to uninstall both of them (mutibit.qt and Java) and then install again. but nothings happen still Error message when I use Vpn.
and when I try connect to the internet with normal connection (doesn't mean Vpn is abnormal) I don't know what you call it in your country. it's just fine no error message, BUT I can't import Private keys from Blockchain to multibit.qt. I can't change the file type of .aes.json, only .key file type at multibit.qt can be import
Activity: 658
May 04, 2014, 05:11:01 PM
Is multibit safe to use now?
It's actually safer because the buggy Blockchain.info import has been disabled.
Activity: 773
Merit: 531
May 04, 2014, 06:03:03 AM
the problem is that the private keys are missing in the news before...

I have a complete backup of my computer and I had also exported the private keys for all my MultiBit wallets as soon as I created them.
So my private keys wouldn't be missing even in a case of vanishing wallets.
I upgraded from 0.5.17 to 0.5.18 without any problem though.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 03, 2014, 05:57:34 PM
the problem is that the private keys are missing in the news before...
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
May 03, 2014, 10:54:46 AM

back up your wallet just in case
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 03, 2014, 08:53:31 AM
Activity: 205
Merit: 105
May 03, 2014, 08:51:58 AM
Hello. Two days ago I update my Multibit from 0.5.16 to 0.5.18 and it's taking forever to connect. When I first started it the status was "Connecting" for over an hour but it eventually connected. Today it's even worse. It' been connecting forever. I turned it on and off but it didn't help. What could be wrong? I'm using OpenSuse.
Activity: 164
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
May 03, 2014, 12:33:26 AM
You can have a read through the log file (in the log directory in you user data directory).
MultiBit writes 'dirty' wallets every couple of minutes so you will most likely have the exact path of all your wallet writes in there.

Of course, as with all logs, there is a whole load of other stuff but you should be able to spot it fairly easily.

ok i think i know what happened, i updated my client from 0.5.17 to 0.5.18, when i did it all my stuff got replaced, everything in my multibit folder in appdata has been rewritten
legendary
May 02, 2014, 11:34:32 AM
You can have a read through the log file (in the log directory in you user data directory).
MultiBit writes 'dirty' wallets every couple of minutes so you will most likely have the exact path of all your wallet writes in there.

Of course, as with all logs, there is a whole load of other stuff but you should be able to spot it fairly easily.
Pages:
Jump to: