Pages:
Author

Topic: MultiBit HD 0.1 released - page 2. (Read 4386 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
June 23, 2015, 08:23:13 PM
The transaction for a newly generated coin is now cleared payments is still not available and running repair wallet has yet to have any effect. It is possible that newly generated coins instigated the effect however and more troubling is the fact that the condition persists although now under the Send/Receive menu option the two requests for the collection of zero bitcoins have appeared as a list under requests button. Payments though is still inaccessible and condition persists after an application restart.
June 23, 2015, 05:28:22 PM
By the way can we have Currency Ticker back on one of your next builds it is very useful at least I find it so!
June 23, 2015, 04:44:15 PM
Good looking forward to a simple fix then
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066
June 23, 2015, 04:29:05 PM
Thanks for your log - I'll have a look.
It could very well be something to do with your pristinely new bitcoins yes.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
June 23, 2015, 04:27:41 PM
I did one report a little while ago so might find one with essexsend on and one without, I am installing new bitcoins, Ie those that are generated via a miner would that be the cause it was working ok until it received it's first transaction. This is still shown as unconfirmed in title with little or no sign of being confirmed any time soon. I will follow your suggestion a little later thanks for the help.

Newly generated coins take 100 confirmations to be spendable, might that be an issue here?
June 23, 2015, 04:06:09 PM
I did one report a little while ago so might find one with essexsend on and one without, I am installing new bitcoins, Ie those that are generated via a miner would that be the cause it was working ok until it received it's first transaction. This is still shown as unconfirmed in title with little or no sign of being confirmed any time soon. I will follow your suggestion a little later thanks for the help.
legendary
June 23, 2015, 03:43:57 PM
Couple of things you can try:
+ Download Mike Hearn's Lighthouse software (https://www.vinumeris.com/lighthouse) which uses the same encoding of the wallet words as MultiBit HD. There's an option in "Set up wallet" to load a set of wallet words. Try putting in your MultiBit HD wallet words and letting it sync. If everything works properly you'll see your balance. Then you can do an 'Empty wallet' to your wallet of choice.
+ Once you've done that and your bitcoins are safe, in MultiBit HD go into the Help and do 'Report error'. In the comments section put in a note that it is from you i.e put in 'essexsend' and upload the log file to our server. I will have a look at it in the next day or two. It may be that there is some error occurring in the loading/ rendering of the payment info.
June 23, 2015, 03:14:12 PM
Yep sorry should have mentioned I tried that did noting but complete the repair process did nothing to restore the wallet to a working condition.
legendary
June 23, 2015, 02:57:09 PM
There is an option in Manage wallet to 'Repair wallet' which resyncs the wallet.
If you try that and let it sync does it improve things ?
June 23, 2015, 02:48:38 PM
Hi Jim and others very nice job on the new version of MultiBit

Following I think all the instructions I accessed the classic version of MultiBit and sent my funds to the new account in the new wallet run on Multibit HD. Yesterday all was working fine all the buttons tabs whatever would work and the time taken to verify transactions is much much better.

However I do have a problem yesterday as I said all buttons for individual application settings worked fine, today the payment setting button or tab or whatever you want to call it is not showing the history of the payments made on the previous day or even today.

Machine is a dell precision 690
with plenty of ram and hard disk space
Using a dual display Nvidia card
OS Linux Mint 14.4.2
openjdk-7-jre

I have quite a sum of money tied up in this wallet it still shows the total sum received and a +unconfirmed B 0.00 063121 ~ GDP 0.10

The peers equal 10 but have done all day the internet is ok as I am posting this alert

What I guess as happening is I can select any of the menu buttons down left hand side and these will show it's contents for any given selection unless I choose payment which might give me the previous selection item or nothing at all. I am certainly not seeing any of yesterdays or today's payments.

If i choose Send/Receive and select request even when it is a blank receive normally it would list this underneath Request and show up in Payments now this does neither.

The one thing I have failed to do because I didn't think is relevant was to run the post install script perhaps that has something to do with it?

Please advise not going to be happy if I can not access the money in the wallet it may not be much but it is all I have.
legendary
June 22, 2015, 02:00:36 PM
The first thing MultiBit HD does is check a file on multibit.org to see if there is a new version to update to.
If there is a problem at all doing this you'll see this dialog.

If you dismiss it you'll see the main MultiBit HD UI start up.

MultiBit HD can work quite happily without multibit.org so just carry on and log into your wallet.

Of course, if you have _no_ internet connection you'll not be able to connect to the Bitcoin network and won't get very far.
If after you've opened your wallet you get a warning message that your exchange rate provider cannot be connected to and you cannot get any peer connections that is a pretty good indicator that your internet connection has gone bang.

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
June 22, 2015, 01:43:07 PM
Cant connect to mine;

Help please!
legendary
June 22, 2015, 12:51:04 PM
You can see each individual payment request address by drilling down on the transaction that paid it in the Payments table.

Just double click on the transaction and go through the Transaction details wizard. It's the last screen.

You can also do an export of everything and get all the transactions/ payment requests into CSV files. It's the Export button on the Payments screen. This does NOT contain private keys though.

We don't export private keys anywhere as the wallet words is used in wallet recovery. With HD wallets private keys are generated on demand and so we don't expose them on the UI anywhere.

Thanks in advance for your efforts on the Turkish translation !
EFS
staff
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2065
Crypto Swap Exchange
June 22, 2015, 09:09:09 AM
I just downloaded Multibit HD. Overall it looks very good. I have questions.
Where to find old address when I create by pressing Request button? Is there a page I can view old addresses list? Can I extract them (with privkeys) to .txt file like when I used to do in Multibit?
I'm gonna help your Turkish translation.
legendary
June 18, 2015, 02:33:51 PM
MultiBit HD has now replaced MultiBit Classic on the 'Choose your wallet page' on bitcoin.org

We have also refreshed the https://multibit.org in line with what was on https://beta.multibit.org

Note: MultiBit Classic downloads are still available if you still need them.
(Go to https://multibit.org , click on 'Download, then look at the bottom of the 'Releases and signatures' section).
legendary
June 18, 2015, 12:26:00 PM
@RappelzReborn

There is help on the mechanics of restoring a wallet here:
https://multibit.org/en/help/hd0.1/restore-wallet.html

Also there are more technical details of the backup process here:
https://multibit.org/en/help/hd0.1/backups.html

The idea is:
1) You set up SpiderOak / Dropbox to replicate a folder somewhere on your machine into the cloud.
2) You specify that directory to MultiBit HD and it will regularly copy cloud backups to that folder (which then get copied off into the cloud).

RE: addresses - yes the most private thing to do is request an address fresh for each new transaction. Put some text in the note field so that you know what that address was for / who you gave it to.

Activity: 686
June 18, 2015, 11:26:02 AM
Can anyone please answer my question above ? thanks , need this ASAP .

"Thanks for your answer man , something else what's that Cloud folder or whatever his name is ? I'am not sure what I'am supposed to do with that AES Encrypted file ? Should I keep a backup of it or something ? my PC is total shit so I wanna make sure I will be safe in case of a computer failure , so what backups do I need to take ? "Seed" or "wallet words" as you call it is all I need to restore my bitcoins ?

Also for the adresses thing , to give somone my adress , I should go to "Request Payment" , Copy the adress and give it to the Sender ? also can I give the adress multiple times or I should change it each time . thanks and sorry if I'am bothering you I just wanna be sure 100%"
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
June 16, 2015, 01:55:17 PM
This may seem like a somewhat odd question, but is there a list of addresses?

I just made a test wallet for my how to sign a message guide[1] and while I like the wallet and the extensive set of features (need to test it with some coins in the future) I was unable to find a list of addresses. When I "request" payment I see the wallet is generating new addresses in the background nicely and even addresses from deleted und unused requests are not reused. I can also copy and paste them into the sign window and sign a message with them. I wonder though if I would be using the wallet for a while and wanted to sign a message with an old address I did not write down elsewhere, where would I find it? To be clear, I cant think of an issue this could cause, its just that Im not sure whether Im just blinded by new software or if there is no list.

[1] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-sign-a-message-990345

There isnt a raw list of addresses no, mainly as we have put te raw Bitcoin addresses quite 'low in the mix'.

You can see addresses in:
+ the contact list
+ the payment request, either on its own or when it is matched to a payment. (Look at the transaction details).

Any descriptive text and tags is also used in searches so you can type in the payments search field anything related to the tx and find it.

Probably the easiest is to create a contact with the address you are interested in when you sign it.

Thanks,  I found addresses in both places without problem and again I dont think this is an actual issue. If someone wants me to sign a message with a certain message they would usually know the address already, e.g. because I have used it in the past.
Activity: 686
June 16, 2015, 01:33:38 PM
Thanks for your answer man , something else what's that Cloud folder or whatever his name is ? I'am not sure what I'am supposed to do with that AES Encrypted file ? Should I keep a backup of it or something ? my PC is total shit so I wanna make sure I will be safe in case of a computer failure , so what backups do I need to take ? "Seed" or "wallet words" as you call it is all I need to restore my bitcoins ?

Also for the adresses thing , to give somone my adress , I should go to "Request Payment" , Copy the adress and give it to the Sender ? also can I give the adress multiple times or I should change it each time . thanks and sorry if I'am bothering you I just wanna be sure 100%
legendary
June 16, 2015, 11:48:13 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

The reason there isn't a cancel on the Request is: Once we've shown you the request address it is 'live'. You might have copied it or viewed the QR code. We have to treat it as being able to have bitcoin sent to.

If you don't put in an amount we put in an amount of zero just so that if you receive any amount on that it'll get marked as paid.

No, there isn't a list of raw addresses. We avoid showing raw bitcoin addresses whenever we can.
The payments screen gives:
+ Payment requests that haven't been paid yet
+ Payment requests that have been partially paid.
+ Transactions received and sent.
+ If you receive a transaction you can drill down and see the matching payment requests.

These are all high level entities - things that people sending and receiving money are interested in.
We've put raw addresses pretty low down in the mix, just as you don't see the low level transaction ids on your bank statement.

The Release 0.1 is on https://beta.multibit.org whilst we gather feedback on it. It has had about 900 downloads in the last week or so so we'll probably move it over to the main site (https://multibit.org) soonish. The binaries won't be any different though.

Some of the alerts and the installer are a bit 'Windows' yes but as we are developing across Win / Linux / Mac and want the same layout on each it's inevitable it won't look native I am afraid.
Pages:
Jump to: