Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 118. (Read 827303 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
I'm having the same issue on a few of my miners, and thought it could be failing cards, but it's not. It looks like the Dynamic setting for the donation account could be carrying over possibly? I disabled donation on one of the machines just to check.

Not sure which Dynamic Setting you are referring to?

The donation setting makes bfgminer send 1% of its work to another pool. It shouldn't affect the hashrate displayed as this uses the load-balancing and failover built into bfgminer. The person you are responding to had a hardware issue and another person has reported that the hashrate will fall (in bfgminer) if the network difficulty changes.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
any thoughts why all of a sudden, 1 of my (3) 7950's is mining at a fraction of the other 2?
roughly 80k compared to 530k

checked process log, doe Dynamic intensity..

puzzling..

here is process log;

--scrypt -I18 -g1 --thread-concurrency 24000 --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1 --scan noauto --scan noauto -o http://us3.wemineltc.com:3334 -u xxx -p xxx --scan opencl:auto -d OCL0 -d OCL1 -d OCL2 --api-listen --api-port 4028 --api-allow W:127.0.0.1, -T -q

thx

I'm having the same issue on a few of my miners, and thought it could be failing cards, but it's not. It looks like the Dynamic setting for the donation account could be carrying over possibly? I disabled donation on one of the machines just to check.
Activity: 560
that's nasty..

fortunately, I have spare sata to 6 pin adapters.
my own fault, bought cheap molex to 6 pin...

waiting on a couple of usb to pcie x adapters

melted molex...

Sorry to hear it man. You aren't alone. Had this happen this week:

Still haven't had the heart to figure out how damaged the PCI-E slot or GPU are   Undecided
melted molex...

Sorry to hear it man. You aren't alone. Had this happen this week:

Still haven't had the heart to figure out how damaged the PCI-E slot or GPU are   Undecided
melted molex...

that was my next step, later today...

thx

any thoughts why all of a sudden, 1 of my (3) 7950's is mining at a fraction of the other 2?

Try physically removing cards to rule out it being a hardware issue.
nwoolls Please make portable version for cgminer (1.3.47 or 1.3.50) i'm use 1.3.47 because it show model(name) of GPU Cool

MultiMiner does not use cgminer and hasn't since version 1.4. I'm also not making changes or updates to version 1.4, though someone else is free to fork it and do so.

What do you mean by 1.3.47 and 1.3.50? These versions are over 2 months old? Why would I go back and update those?
You should not, I just asked.
atomicchaos While I have no Dummy Plug's BFG unfortunately doesn't see GPU's

You don't need dummy plugs said the 150+ cards in my farm.
that was my next step, later today...

thx

I managed to reproduce it with bfgminer so the problem seems to be in the miner. The hashrate drops every time there is a network difficulty change when the pool switches coins. This same drop doesn't seem to happen in cgminer.

Ah interesting. Thanks for reproducing. I'll take a look in bfgminer and see if Luke has any thoughts.

checked process log, doe Dynamic intensity..

puzzling..

here is process log;

--scrypt -I18 -g1 --thread-concurrency 24000 --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1 --scan noauto --scan noauto -o http://us3.wemineltc.com:3334 -u xxx -p xxx --scan opencl:auto -d OCL0 -d OCL1 -d OCL2 --api-listen --api-port 4028 --api-allow W:127.0.0.1, -T -q

thx
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
I'm having an issue with MultiMiner on the middlecoin.com pool. As the pool switches coins, the hashrate drops every time until the miner stops recovering from the drops and settles down the hashrate at around 10% lower from normal values. I guessing the problem is with bfgminer as cgminer doesn't have these drops and is rock solid. Is there anything I could try to make MultiMiner/bfgminer more stable? I'd prefer to keep using MultiMiner because of my two different GPUs and MobileMiner but the 10% lower hashrate isn't really fun.

Try to reproduce this outside of MultiMiner using just bfgminer and cgminer. You can get access to the arguments passed to bfgminer from the Process Log screen in MultiMiner.

I managed to reproduce it with bfgminer so the problem seems to be in the miner. The hashrate drops every time there is a network difficulty change when the pool switches coins. This same drop doesn't seem to happen in cgminer.
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
nwoolls Please make portable version for cgminer (1.3.47 or 1.3.50) i'm use 1.3.47 because it show model(name) of GPU Cool

MultiMiner does not use cgminer and hasn't since version 1.4. I'm also not making changes or updates to version 1.4, though someone else is free to fork it and do so.

What do you mean by 1.3.47 and 1.3.50? These versions are over 2 months old? Why would I go back and update those?
You should not, I just asked.
atomicchaos While I have no Dummy Plug's BFG unfortunately doesn't see GPU's
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Hi

New to this, but thought I'd post:

Firstly, the experimental build for the antminer U1 seems to work fine - I put it where you said with the settings you describe, and it detects and runs the U1 without issue.

However, I have a couple of questions:

1) On the rig I have the U1 on, I have two GPUs (7750s) which I currently run using cgminer and cgwatcher.  I'd like to swap them over to be run by multiminer as well.  They currently appear in Multiminer, and I'd set up the coins I want to mine on them, but at present they don't work; I assume that because I want to mine LTC on them (and BTC on the U1) I need to do something different?  Would I be right in saying that I need to have two installations of MultiMiner, one of which will be for the GPUs (mining LTC and other scrypt coins) and the other for the U1 (mining BTC)?

2) I have another computer which is running SuSE 12.2, and running bfgminer 3.5.2.  It currently has two Block Erupters and a Red Fury on it.  Is it possible to add this to MultiMiner remotely (they are on the same network), or would I have to get MultiMiner running on this computer, and then be able to adminster both via the mobile app?  At present the Linux machine doesn't usually have an X environment running most of the time (it's a home web/file server as well as doing mining) - if it's the second option I take it I'd have to have KDE or similar running for this to work?

Sorry for the questions, I did a seach but couldn't find anything.

Switch to BFGminer. It's painful initially, but if you want to keep using Multi-miner like I did, it's well worth it.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
If any Windows users are interested in testing out initial support for the AntMiner U1, you can download a build of bfgminer here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z29x4n6ng510joi/bfgminer-npw-antminer.7z

Note that this is unofficial and not endorsed by Luke yet so don't bug him if it doesn't work  Grin

Extract this build of bfgminer into the MultiMiner\Miners\bfgminer folder. With that in place, go into Settings and then Advanced miner settings, and enter the following for Hardware scan arguments:

Code:
-S antminter:all

Note that you cannot yet mix these with Block Erupters.

Hi nwoolls
Can this version support the overclocking option?

I'm having an issue with MultiMiner on the middlecoin.com pool. As the pool switches coins, the hashrate drops every time until the miner stops recovering from the drops and settles down the hashrate at around 10% lower from normal values. I guessing the problem is with bfgminer as cgminer doesn't have these drops and is rock solid. Is there anything I could try to make MultiMiner/bfgminer more stable? I'd prefer to keep using MultiMiner because of my two different GPUs and MobileMiner but the 10% lower hashrate isn't really fun.

Try to reproduce this outside of MultiMiner using just bfgminer and cgminer. You can get access to the arguments passed to bfgminer from the Process Log screen in MultiMiner.
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Any detials on how to get miner working on stratum as am having problems connecting?

What settings do I need in miner localhost or lan ip of where multiminer is with wallet for coin to solo on  ?
Jump to: