Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 143. (Read 827303 times)

Activity: 208
Merit: 100
I'm having issues with latest update of cgminer 3.8.0 (which has been just updated)...

MM alerted me of the update, clicked on the link and it started to update.
Closed MM and reopened it and it still alerts me of the update, so downloaded it manually and pu it in correct folder of MM.
Opened cgminer standalone to make sure it is 3.8.0 (which is) and reopened MM.
Still reporting there is an update to 3.8.0 stating that 3.7.2 is installed!!
Start button is grayed out Sad
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Is anyone running MultiMiner on Windows 8.1 and having issues with the program slowing down regularly (mining unaffected)? I've had a few reports of this, but finally got around to installing 8.1 and have been unable to reproduce any issues thus far.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
legendary
I have had a few problems however am working though them as could not get  miners working proper so formatted and started fresh. IF I get chance ill post some details on them providing i get them working

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. I have one that should be coming that I can use to test with but any information you can give would be great.

So far with bfgminer its only detecting the 30 usb sticks. For the blues not detecting them even tho managed to get drivers instaleld and working now. Going to restart and see whats what.
I have had a few problems however am working though them as could not get  miners working proper so formatted and started fresh. IF I get chance ill post some details on them providing i get them working

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. I have one that should be coming that I can use to test with but any information you can give would be great.
legendary
is multi miner working with the new blue fury usb sticks ?

It should work fine in theory. However I do not yet have one for testing so I cannot say for sure.

It should work fine in theory. However I do not yet have one for testing so I cannot say for sure.
legendary
I want to say a big thank you to bronan for sending a BFL unit across the pond for me to test with. This is simply amazing and truly appreciated. It will without a doubt help improve the range of devices that MultiMiner supports, thereby helping other users as well.

Thank you bronan!!!

Edit: And it's installed in my dev rig and hashing away in MultiMiner! One more device official supported  Grin
Today I got an e-mail notification from MobileMiner (1:42PM Eastern). I don't have e-mail notifications set up in MobileMiner on any of my devices. Why am I getting an e-mail?

I know I've asked you for some details on this before. Forgive me if you've done any of this already but can you do a few things for me and I'll look into this again:

• Forward me any emails you shouldn't have received
  • Check your phone's push notifications - did you get the same notification at the same time on your phone?
  • Send me your MobileMiner app key
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Today I got an e-mail notification from MobileMiner (1:42PM Eastern). I don't have e-mail notifications set up in MobileMiner on any of my devices. Why am I getting an e-mail?

Thanks!
Ok so I removed everything as I said I would now when installing new version

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Unspecified error (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004005 (E_FAIL))
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters)
   at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams)
   at MultiMiner.Utility.Unzipper.GetShell32NameSpace(Object folder) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Utility\Unzipper.cs:line 101
   at MultiMiner.Utility.Unzipper.UnzipFileToFolderWindows(String zipFilePath, String destinationFolder) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Utility\Unzipper.cs:line 67
   at MultiMiner.Xgminer.Installer.InstallMiner(MinerBackend minerBackend, String destinationFolder) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Xgminer\Installer.cs:line 29

Still the same error. Your system is throwing a COM exception when MultiMiner tries to use User32.dll to unzip the downloaded miner. To fix the issue I can only recommend Googling:

https://www.google.com/search?q=System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException%3A+Exception+has+been+thrown+by+the+target+of+an+invocation.+---%3E+System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException+(0x80004005)%3A+Unspecified+error+(Exception+from+HRESULT%3A+0x80004005+(E_FAIL))&oq=System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException%3A+Exception+has+been+thrown+by+the+target+of+an+invocation.+---%3E+System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException+(0x80004005)%3A+Unspecified+error+(Exception+from+HRESULT%3A+0x80004005+(E_FAIL))

To work around there error though you can download either cgminer or bfgminer yourself and unzip them into the proper folder in the Miners\ folder. MultiMiner will only try to download it if it does not exist.
legendary
Ok so I removed everything as I said I would now when installing new version

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Unspecified error (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004005 (E_FAIL))
   at System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters)
   at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams)
   at MultiMiner.Utility.Unzipper.GetShell32NameSpace(Object folder) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Utility\Unzipper.cs:line 101
   at MultiMiner.Utility.Unzipper.UnzipFileToFolderWindows(String zipFilePath, String destinationFolder) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Utility\Unzipper.cs:line 67
   at MultiMiner.Xgminer.Installer.InstallMiner(MinerBackend minerBackend, String destinationFolder) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Xgminer\Installer.cs:line 29
   at MultiMiner.Win.WizardForm.DownloadChosenMiner() in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\WizardForm.cs:line 184
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MultiMiner.Win
    Assembly Version: 1.3.46.0
    Win32 Version: 1.3.46
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Win.exe
MultiMiner.Utility
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Utility.DLL
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MultiMiner.Engine
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Engine.DLL
MultiMiner.Xgminer
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Xgminer.DLL
MultiMiner.Coinchoose.Api
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Coinchoose.Api.DLL
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 4.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 5.0.6.16206
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
nj9oqemw
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Interop.Shell32
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/Interop.Shell32.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

legendary

What OS? Looks like a COM error to me. Nothing changed in the code giving you issues.

Running Windows 7 x64 and I just done a fresh install due to other things messing up and still have the same error after installing all drivers. Will try to remvoe all the data of this and try reinstalling.

What OS? Looks like a COM error to me. Nothing changed in the code giving you issues.
legendary
new error after installing new version client will run says do you want to download cgminer or bfg miner as not installed so i click iver cgminer or bfg miner or both i get this

at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.InstallMiner(MinerBackend minerBackend) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\MainForm.cs:line 351
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.CheckAndDownloadMiners() in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\MainForm.cs:line 314
   at MultiMiner.Win.MainForm.MainForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\MainForm.cs:line 147
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
MultiMiner.Win
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Win.exe
MultiMiner.Utility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Utility.DLL
System
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MultiMiner.Engine
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Engine.DLL
MultiMiner.Xgminer
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Xgminer.DLL
MultiMiner.Coinchoose.Api
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Coinchoose.Api.DLL
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
zdidjaok
0gy0fk5o
du-azw3j
vpw3mjcl
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 4.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 5.0.6.16206
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
5g8pkoig
fif3hf41
utmjdolz
Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary.DLL
Accessibility
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Interop.Shell32
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Administrator/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/Interop.Shell32.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Just sent you a another donation, this time for 10 LTC for your continued hard work on this, as well as the quick fix today. Hoping you keep supporting Cgminer, but I imagine it's been a lot of work keeping up with all the changes on the mining app side and coinchoose.

Awesome - thanks so much!  Grin That's a fantastic treat.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Nwoolls-

Just sent you a another donation, this time for 10 LTC for your continued hard work on this, as well as the quick fix today. Hoping you keep supporting Cgminer, but I imagine it's been a lot of work keeping up with all the changes on the mining app side and coinchoose.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Folks - I truly apologize for the errors you've run into yesterday and in the past. As you know MultiMiner is really just a pretty face over things like bfgminer, cgminer, and CoinChoose.com. Sometimes those things change in subtle (or not so subtle) ways and this causes MultiMiner to have an unhandled exception.

Quote from: Everybody
Why don't you just handle everything and keep mining??

It sounds good in theory but is poor practice as a developer. The more I "handle everything" the less I am able to properly detect and diagnose these issues when they do happen. So unfortunately, at times, I must play catch-up.

That said, version 1.3.46 is available as a prerelease and should address the latest issues, including:

• Fixed errors checking for cgminer updates (due to their new 3.6.6-1 versioning pattern)
  • Handle argument exceptions checking for cgminer and bfgminer updates by showing a notification
  • Make checking for cgminer and bfgminer updates optional
  • Make bfgminer the default mining engine for new users
  • When upgrading a mining engine, don't stop mining if that engine isn't being used

The change to make bfgminer the default miner is not necessarily a reflection on the stability or quality of cgminer as much as a reflection of the volatility of that project lately.
Also getting errors on .netframeworks

Anyone being hit with an unhandled exception can download a fixed build here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8iugo4vy2ubg3y/MultiMiner-1.3.45.zip

This is due to more changes to cgminer. At this point I am seriously considering dropping support for cgminer and making bfgminer the only supported engine for MultiMiner. Is there anyone currently using cgminer that cannot use bfgminer? Please let me know what sort of issues or considerations prevent you from using bfgminer if so.

Edit: To be perfectly clear this is my bug, not a bug in cgminer per se. My comments are more to do with the sheer number of changes from the cgminer crew lately, including this one. It's difficult to keep up with on a project that is essentially a hobby.
Jump to: