Pages:
Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 29. (Read 827264 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
I get "Multiminer has detected miners it does not own - did you want to kill them" error on a daily basis now.  Embarrassed

After MM crashes/freezes?

Yea. I'm thinking it happens more often too if I do a bit of swapping between my 2 miners via the MM 'network/tree' menu on the one machine.

It's an option you can disable under Settings > Detect Orphaned Miners. It just means that MultiMiner found miners that it didn't start and doesn't know about.
I don't know if there is a better documentation for Ubuntu somewhere but debugging by trial and error is slow and time consuming. Is there a way to turn on Debug traces in MM? or verbose mode!

So far my attempts to make MM use bfgminer other than the one downloaded via ppa ended in failure I have been trying to make MM on Ubuntu 12.04  64bit for 3 days.

What Linux documentation there is can be found in the Readme. Unfortunately there's a bug in the current MultiMiner keeping it from detecting BFGMiner on Linux. This will be fixed in the next update.
I cannot for the life of me get MultiMiner to even run on m Win8.1 machine here  Huh

to get multi miner working on 8.1 I had to install .net 3.5 even though I am sure 8.1 already has .net 4 installed

I will try this later. Thanks!

I can confirm MultiMiner requires .NET 3.5. I've done this to make sure folks could run this on older rigs, but version 4.0 of MultiMiner will up the requirement to at least .NET 4.0.

If you are still unable to run the app on 8.1, please post as much detail as possible about this. I run the app myself on 8.1 on several rigs.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
So after yet more testing and crashes I find that MultiMiner crashes with .NET error yet BFGMiner and what ever other miners are still running and showing full speed poolside.  This is so odd.
It did not used to be like this.
Now if I do a full reboot MultiMiner will run again for 12 to 24 hrs before crashing again.
You can go in to task manager and close the miners after a MM crash yet MM will crash after a few mins without a reboot.  Yet again the miner software keeps running. 
I can't wait until Nate get back.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!
no idea which is the correct driver.  I have been at this so long now I'm v.confused.

winodws 8.1

I linked the correct driver for ya a couple  posts ago. I cannot for the life of me get MultiMiner to even run on m Win8.1 machine here  Huh

to get multi miner working on 8.1 I had to install .net 3.5 even though I am sure 8.1 already has .net 4 installed

I will try this later. Thanks!
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
no idea which is the correct driver.  I have been at this so long now I'm v.confused.

winodws 8.1

I linked the correct driver for ya a couple  posts ago. I cannot for the life of me get MultiMiner to even run on m Win8.1 machine here  Huh

3D Printed!
Cheers, installed it and it now recognises the rock miner.   I was sure I had done that before.   Huh

Now if only I can get it to pick up my ant miner u2's as well.  It seems to do one or the other.

whoops, so many threads related to RBox and drivers, lol

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7534150
The driver is linked in my post there  Grin
3D Printed!
Cheers, installed it and it now recognises the rock miner.   I was sure I had done that before.   Huh

Now if only I can get it to pick up my ant miner u2's as well.  It seems to do one or the other.

Yeah someone else here on the forums was saying how they had issues when mixing USB driven devices in MM.
Glad you got it working mate!

3D Printed!

winodws 8.1

winodws 8.1
3D Printed!
Does anyone have any detailed info on getting multi miner to work with a rock miner rbox? 

I plug mine in and nothing happens.  I am running multi miner on windows.

Did you install the correct driver? Once that is installed, MultiMiner should notice your RBoxes after a quick scan.
What OS?
Does anyone have any detailed info on getting multi miner to work with a rock miner rbox? 

I plug mine in and nothing happens.  I am running multi miner on windows.
legendary
I notice it slows down the entire network speed and internet connection when it crashes as well.

The other thing I desperately need is someone to help me get my OneString miner, HexFury's working with my DualMiners like they used to before the BFGMiner 4 update.
Now I have to run 3 separate systems to run all the miners and I have to use BFGMiner by itself to run my OneString and HexFurys. Such a huge mess.
I am so tired and with my surgery happening on tuesday I am going to be in the hospital for 3 to 5 days.  I cannot have it all going to hell daily it will cost me big time.

Ugh, super frustrated!

1) Near daily .NET errors causing MM to freeze/crash
2) MultiMiner NOT starting when Windows starts
3) MultiMiner will NOT run on my Win 8.1 machine (have installed/reinstalled multiple times)

Those are my 3 biggest complaints right now. There are other issues that need handled as well but those are the most important imo.

What are you seeing in Windows Event Viewer in the application logs?

I've posted the error's numerous times. Most are pretty much the same error, repeating itself, near daily.
3D Printed!
Ugh, super frustrated!

3) MultiMiner will NOT run on my Win 8.1 machine (have installed/reinstalled multiple times)

Those are my 3 biggest complaints right now. There are other issues that need handled as well but those are the most important imo.

I've posted the error's numerous times. Most are pretty much the same error, repeating itself, near daily.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Ugh, super frustrated!

legendary
Me too, about the only thing I can code are some scripts for servers and basic stuff.  LOL

Thanks I appreciate that.

All three rigs with MM has errors and knocked out last night.  All the same odd .NET errors.
Systems.
Win 7 32 bit
Win 7 64 bit x2

I know Nate is busy for a while and I am sure he will handle it when he gets back but it is frustrating.

Indeed. Wish I knew more about code but I'm hardware IT (A+ cert)
Java class was hard enough!

Nice article by the way bro  Grin
3D Printed!
All three rigs with MM has errors and knocked out last night.  All the same odd .NET errors.
Systems.
Win 7 32 bit
Win 7 64 bit x2

I know Nate is busy for a while and I am sure he will handle it when he gets back but it is frustrating.

Indeed. Wish I knew more about code but I'm hardware IT (A+ cert)
Java class was hard enough!

Nice article by the way bro  Grin
legendary
All three rigs with MM has errors and knocked out last night.  All the same odd .NET errors.
Systems.
Win 7 32 bit
Win 7 64 bit x2

3D Printed!
Ugh, super frustrated!

I totally agree/confirm with the 1 & 2 issue stated, cannot confirm the 3rd one as I use Win7(x64).

P.S. Nate, today I'm going to get my very first ASIC device - G-Blade. Have messaged you regarding some settings related thing, please do reply. Thanks

3 of 4 machines I have running MM are on Win7 x64.

The Win8.1 machine is a extra PC I just swapped a spare R9 270 in for some X11 mining.
Pages:
Jump to: