Pages:
Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 42. (Read 827303 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
OK I hit a snag with BFGMiner 4.0 and MultiMiner 3.0.2
I updated both today and on my system that hosts my USB miners a strange thing has ocurred and I cannot fix it.

It will not detect any SHA-256 devices yet detects my GPU and DualMiner USB's ok.

Nothing changed other than the update.  After it came back up all the miners were gone.  When I did subsequent hardware scans it only finds the DualMiners and GPU.
I have tried every switch, trick, reboot, single miner at a time.
Nothing.
It has to be something simple any help would be greatly appreciated.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Ever since the web UI update a few months ago, I see weird icons in my browser:

I was thinking that it was my work firewall blocking it, but it happens on my home machine too.
Using Firefox 23 and 28.
legendary
You are able to mine both now with MM 3.0 and higher.
 Grin

We have to mine Vertcoin and Darkcoin for pay electric bill.

When Multiminer will be able to  compitable with all type of coins.
Activity: 136
We have to mine Vertcoin and Darkcoin for pay electric bill.

When Multiminer will be able to  compitable with all type of coins.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Decentralize your hashing - p2pool - Norgz Pool
hey Nate,

I think I've found some strangeness with new bfgminer. it reports a comport error when run as right click launch and from mm it hangs for ages and sometimes even fails to start https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6962740

mm 3.0.2 and bfgminer 4.0.0

Activity: 322
3D Printed!
updated bfgminer and multiminer. 1 problem is not detecting blue/red furys in it.

Did you install the Fury drivers?
legendary
Just a note for those that do not know BFGMiiner 4.0 went live as well a few hours ago.

I updated the press release article that I was able to do for Nate and Luke Jr.  I hope this helps get the word out for them and their users.

Thanks again Nate for the great job.

I have an interview with Nate that I will publish towards the end of the week.  He is really a very interesting guy and talented programmer.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/bfgminer-4-0-officially-released-multiminer-3-0-officially-released-tandem/2014/05/24

Luke Jr has officially released BFGMiner 4.0 into the wild with a ton of enhancements and features. Along with it a key member of the development team Nate Woolls released MultiMiner 3.0 to go along with it. Update: BFGMiner is live. 5/26/14  Quick Note: Slight Delay on BFGMiner.  It will be posted soon. :-) Notable in the BFGMiner release is the support for many new miners that have come on the scene. Some you will recognize from my reviews like the OneString Miner, HexFury and Gridseed Blade reviews. The official support makes BFGMiner even more hardware friendly. There is even support for the hard to find DrillBit miners.  Notable is the support for the extremely late Butterfly Labs Monarch miner which is looking more and more like a waste of Bitcoin that buys Josh of BFL a house and two cars. More support for the multi-chip Nano Fury miners and so much more. The new hardware support is great because it allows quick integration into your existing BFGMiner controlled ecosystems without messing around.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
updated bfgminer and multiminer. 1 problem is not detecting blue/red furys in it.
Activity: 182
perfectly understandable you already do such a huge amount Smiley. I was more concerned about using a non open sourced version for my own ethical reasons.

Steve
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
My little gift to the Multiminer community:

SGMiner 5.0.1 freshly compiled it myself:
https://mega.co.nz/#!fEtHwaIS!uuj-vD2op60UQC3-LBnGIpJNSY_MCpRbnFXk67NOBTE

See the NEWS.txt and the changelog.txt files to see the changes.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Thanks for response. But I am confused I thought lasybears version was now open source unlike the 2% one from gerino.

In any event thanks again Smiley

Steve

As far as I understand it is, I just haven't had time to look into it and test it before choosing to support Yet Another Miner. Each of these requires finding an official download, rehosting it myself, etc.

Personally I'd far rather they just contribute this stuff back upstream to SPH-SGMiner, which is already supported. Is that happening?
Thanks for response. But I am confused I thought lasybears version was now open source unlike the 2% one from gerino.

In any event thanks again Smiley

Steve
ok I ran into a snag. I got the sha-256 stratum going perfectly. Problem is i want to run my scrypt cards on the lasybear x11 optimised miner and i am not sure how to do it. Any suggestions?

Once there is a tested version of the optimized X11 mining code that doesn't violate GPL licenses I will add it to the supported miners. I am looking into this for 3.1.
ok I ran into a snag. I got the sha-256 stratum going perfectly. Problem is i want to run my scrypt cards on the lasybear x11 optimised miner and i am not sure how to do it. Any suggestions?

Thanks again

Steve
Here is something that probably happens to a lot of people and not just me:

Example: Coinwarz put somes coins on problem status for x reason for some days or some weeks, or remove a coin temporarily and put it back some weeks or months later. So you react and put those coins "disable" in your list. You told yourself "I will put them back on enabled status later when all is fine". 2 or 3 days later, some other coins get problems too. You disable them too. Now fast forward another week (or month): You remember you disabled some coins some time ago that should be fine now but you don't remember all of them and you end up clicking one by one all your coins in your list to see which one is disabled or not.

It happened to me more times than i can count and my list has grown over the course of time to be close to 150 coins. That takes a long time to click each of them just to verify if it is "disabled".

So here is my suggestion: Would it be possible to put some kind of mark in the list that instantly show which one is "disabled" or not. Something like those disabled become marked in red, or get a red asterisk added or anything that would instantly jump on your eyes in the list to tell you which one is "disabled". I think that would really help to do the management of the coins list.

That is a great idea.  Perhaps just grey them out?

Good one - I'll include this in 3.1.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

You don't need to restart the program but do need to restart mining. It's just the process priority assigned by the OS. It really shouldn't matter much, but I have a couple users who get better performance if they set it above normal.

thanks for your reply.

also, been seeing these crashes quite a bit

any suggestions?

thanks
thanks very much for the fast response. One last bit do i need to take any precautions with running multiminer and cgwatcher at the same time?

Steve
Activity: 322
3D Printed!
I have some block erupter cubes i would like to use with multiminer is there a setup guide or anything like that to get me started? (mainly concerned about setting stratum correctly)

Steve

MultiMiner is the best for running a Cube on stratum! Make sure your machine running MM is set to a static IP address and you gotta make sure the Cube's IP is set to the same subnet Wink

It's a fairly simple setup once those 2 parameters are set. Also, I think the Cube's default IP is 192.168.1.254 (use 192.168.1.254:8000 in your URL to navigate to the Cube's gui)

Check the Dogie Cube setup guide here on the forums and you can try searching through this thread for some of my older postings when I had setup my Cube initially. A copy of Dogie's guide can be found here... http://md5live.com/asicminer-block-erupter-cube-setup/
I have some block erupter cubes i would like to use with multiminer is there a setup guide or anything like that to get me started? (mainly concerned about setting stratum correctly)

Steve
Activity: 210
Here is something that probably happens to a lot of people and not just me:

Example: Coinwarz put somes coins on problem status for x reason for some days or some weeks, or remove a coin temporarily and put it back some weeks or months later. So you react and put those coins "disable" in your list. You told yourself "I will put them back on enabled status later when all is fine". 2 or 3 days later, some other coins get problems too. You disable them too. Now fast forward another week (or month): You remember you disabled some coins some time ago that should be fine now but you don't remember all of them and you end up clicking one by one all your coins in your list to see which one is disabled or not.

It happened to me more times than i can count and my list has grown over the course of time to be close to 150 coins. That takes a long time to click each of them just to verify if it is "disabled".

So here is my suggestion: Would it be possible to put some kind of mark in the list that instantly show which one is "disabled" or not. Something like those disabled become marked in red, or get a red asterisk added or anything that would instantly jump on your eyes in the list to tell you which one is "disabled". I think that would really help to do the management of the coins list.

That is a great idea.  Perhaps just grey them out?
Pages:
Jump to: