Pages:
Author

Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform) - page 44. (Read 827303 times)

Activity: 423
Merit: 250
A update on some issues I've run into.

X11 still seems to have issues with connecting to pools in MM. This is the same problem I listed earlier. Eventually MM will end back up on the right pools, but to start with it'll go to my backup pools first. Where as with SGHMINER it goes right to the proper pool immediately (I dropped in the same exact version I use with the bat file). There has to be something with MM and the way it deals with down pools.

Profitability switching was fucked up for a bit. It started switching itself on randomly even after I turned it off. I seem to have completely disabled it, but it was mining random coins for a fair bit of time (like Doge, which I no longer mine anymore). One machine I thought I fixed went and turned it back on again.

X11 seems to produce worse hash then running the miners in standalone. This is with SGHMINER. Running standalone they'll produce about 15% more hash then using MM and the same exact version of SGHMINER. This is when they're on the same pools and using the same settings.

There seems to be a overall problem when switching between algorithms and settings (TC does this a lot). This probably doesn't relate directly to MM, but sometimes unless you do a clean restart switching between a different algorithm (like x11 and scryptn for example) will produce a inferior hash rate until you restart. Sometimes it will cause GPUs to hang as well (which can be fixed sometimes by simply restarting the miner or if need be restarting the system).

This like I said probably doesn't have anything to do with MM, but if there was a way to completely flush the drivers before reinitializing a different algo, it'd probably help fix this. As of right now I don't know how to do this without restarting.

I'm using APP SDK 2.9 and AMD 13.12 drivers.
Activity: 322
3D Printed!
edit... Version 3.0.1 crashes and cannot detect GPU (intel HD 4000 Tongue )... seriously, it crashes.

As others have said I doubt Intel GPUs are supported. That said, if you are seeing a MultiMiner crash, please post the details using copy & paste. Thanks  Grin

v2.8.10 works perfectly... but not 3.0.1. I used intel hd 4000 just for YT, im not mining long term.
Will post error later.

Word. Yeah I have never been able to get any of my Intel powered units to fire up and hash for anything!
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
edit... Version 3.0.1 crashes and cannot detect GPU (intel HD 4000 Tongue )... seriously, it crashes.

As others have said I doubt Intel GPUs are supported. That said, if you are seeing a MultiMiner crash, please post the details using copy & paste. Thanks  Grin

v2.8.10 works perfectly... but not 3.0.1. I used intel hd 4000 just for YT, im not mining long term.
Will post error later.
3D Printed!
Sorry to hear that. How about adding the "cgminer-3.7.3-maxcoin-windows" miner to mine keccak? It appears to be the best to miner for keccak out there and that way all the coins in coinwarz would be covered.

Sure I'll check it out. Thanks again for the suggestions and insight on these algorithms. If it works like the rest of the *GMiner forks it should be easy enough to drop in for 3.1.

And here is an early preview of 3.1 for folks who want to test out Keccak support:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmy0vlhhpje5iw0/MultiMiner-3.1.0.zip

Works great on my rigs - looking forward to feedback!

I will test this out on my gaming rig tonight, thanks much!
Activity: 840
Merit: 1002
Sorry to hear that. How about adding the "cgminer-3.7.3-maxcoin-windows" miner to mine keccak? It appears to be the best to miner for keccak out there and that way all the coins in coinwarz would be covered.

Sure I'll check it out. Thanks again for the suggestions and insight on these algorithms. If it works like the rest of the *GMiner forks it should be easy enough to drop in for 3.1.

And here is an early preview of 3.1 for folks who want to test out Keccak support:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmy0vlhhpje5iw0/MultiMiner-3.1.0.zip

Works great on my rigs - looking forward to feedback!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Sorry for the noobish (?) in advance but This miner program has miner control and can do x11 agos right ?

Yes, you can mine X11 coins with MultiMiner and you can remotely monitor and control your mining using MobileMiner.
thanks man :-) would This be hard setting up or just download multiminee and pretty straight foreward ? Anny tips and info from current ukers would be great
I did it the same way icy lettuce did it and it works great for me. He may have forgotten to Save and Restart at the right points and defaulted to sgminer. I had a VertMiner.conf but Mum 3.01 said that was a no-no and renamed it. I just converted to a command line format and defined my pools in Add Coin. It switches and mines great.

Woolls yer awesome  Grin

Glad to hear it's working! Good reports all around from most folks. I have a few small fixes in store for a 3.0.2 release, and then 3.1 will add Keccak support along with potentially faster (but only if GPL compliant) X11 miners.
Activity: 453
dfgfdgfdg
In Coins Configuration I created Vertcoin with two different pools (both alive). Then I selected vertminer for Scrypt-N mining and placed the vertminer-0.5.2 folder (renamed to vertminer) in the folder appdata/local/multiminer/miners. But when starting mining vertcoin, MultiMiner always choses BFGminer as miner.
Then I did the same thing with SGminer. But again, MultiMiner uses BFGminer.

What should I do to force MultiMiner to mine Scrypt-N with SGminer?

You don't need to download and place any miners anywhere. MultiMiner does that for you.

Add a Coin configuration for Vertcoin. Make sure that it is set to Scrypt-N. Choose Vertcoin for your devices (using right-click) and click Start to start mining.

If MultiMiner is using BFGMiner, then it sounds like you didn't specify Scrypt-N as the algorithm when adding Vertcoin. You could try removing and re-adding the Coin configuration. Or use CoinWarz instead of CoinChoose, since CoinWarz already has Vertcoin with the correct algorithm.

I did it the same way icy lettuce did it and it works great for me. He may have forgotten to Save and Restart at the right points and defaulted to sgminer. I had a VertMiner.conf but Mum 3.01 said that was a no-no and renamed it. I just converted to a command line format and defined my pools in Add Coin. It switches and mines great.

Woolls yer awesome  Grin

In Coins Configuration I created Vertcoin with two different pools (both alive). Then I selected vertminer for Scrypt-N mining and placed the vertminer-0.5.2 folder (renamed to vertminer) in the folder appdata/local/multiminer/miners. But when starting mining vertcoin, MultiMiner always choses BFGminer as miner.

You don't need to download and place any miners anywhere. MultiMiner does that for you.

Add a Coin configuration for Vertcoin. Make sure that it is set to Scrypt-N. Choose Vertcoin for your devices (using right-click) and click Start to start mining.

If MultiMiner is using BFGMiner, then it sounds like you didn't specify Scrypt-N as the algorithm when adding Vertcoin. You could try removing and re-adding the Coin configuration. Or use CoinWarz instead of CoinChoose, since CoinWarz already has Vertcoin with the correct algorithm.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Just made a video on how to use and install multiminer 2.8.10.

Editing and will upload in a short while.

Signature - My channel, feel free to subscribe!

I could be way wrong but I don't think Intel GPU's (integrated) are capable of mining. MM could never detect my laptop GPU (Intel)
If they do connect it will cook off very rapidly.
3D Printed!

I could be way wrong but I don't think Intel GPU's (integrated) are capable of mining. MM could never detect my laptop GPU (Intel)
Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Hi.

I installed MultiMiner 3.0.1.

Now I'm trying to configure it for VertCoin but I'm getting problems.

Thanks.
Sorry for the noobish (?) in advance but This miner program has miner control and can do x11 agos right ?

Yes, you can mine X11 coins with MultiMiner and you can remotely monitor and control your mining using MobileMiner.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
A bit of oddness Nate.
None of my systems are picking up the 3.0 update to update too.  It is not live yet?

Hah - thanks for that! I have code in there not to prompt for major upgrades (I didn't want folks automatically upgrading from v1 to v2 as it removed CGMiner support).

I guess I'll release a 2.8.10 that re-enables this to make it easier on folks. Nice catch  Grin
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
A bit of oddness Nate.
None of my systems are picking up the 3.0 update to update too.  It is not live yet?

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
That makes sense and I know how busy you are so I do not blame you.
I don't have the skills to do that or I would.

I have a Blade.
How do I do the Pull Request?
I am unable to send it out or I would have offered but if I can send you some data from it I will do so.

A Pull Request means you (or someone) would write the driver code and then contribute it back to us for BFGMiner. At this point I'm not interested in doing remote development or making a driver by trial-and-error. It's just not something I have the time or bandwidth (or - to be frank - incentive) for.
Pages:
Jump to: