Pages:
Author

Topic: multiple CPU mining. - page 2. (Read 824 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
December 23, 2017, 09:40:10 PM
The thing to do is to build mining rigs with GPUs that also have a decent CPU that can mine while your GPUs are all mining. You need a CPU anyways, so it's only smart economics to buy one that will pay for itself and bring in some extra $ each year.  The downside is that bang for buck AMD has the best CPUs for mining and there are very few AMD socket mining specific motherboards out there.... only 1 that I know of actually.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
December 23, 2017, 08:58:04 PM
i kinda get what your saying, sorry for nto explaining enough, best why  i could explain it is, say i have something like a gridseed blade, but instead i could put my own cpu's on it instead, and use it to eliminate having to run multiple whole motherboards
Activity: 2
December 23, 2017, 06:54:17 PM
for what Im getting, CPU mining is really not profitable

so basically you are talking about having several GPUs mining rings

lets say you have, just for the sake of making things straight

10 GPUs mining rigs with 10 GPU each, that would make up a total of 100 GPUs mining at same time

in plain english, you have 10 PCs with 10 Video cards

So the questions is

Your basically having 100 miners (workers) all working towards getting Crypto Coins for you

I mean... how would you connect 10 PCs working towards the same, or does each ring works separate??

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
December 23, 2017, 05:48:57 PM
Best you can do is with 4 of latest Xeon Processors which will make you about 3900-5100 h/s with very low power consumption. That is the same as having a 6 GPU-rig running for you all the time, the cost is very high for such setup though and probably you can build a 6 GPU-rig with half money compared to such latest Xeon Processors PC.

Processors are :
4x Intel Xeon Platinum 8180 = 5100 h/s Monero hashrate.

Price is very expensive though and better to go with 6 GPU rig.

Price tag of such processor is 10k usd so with that money you can build 3 x 6 GPU-s rig.
Activity: 6
December 23, 2017, 05:29:12 PM
I'm kinda wounder what would be the best way going about setting up multiple CPUs for mining similar to how your would GPUs, right now i am getting 250 h/s on my AMD FX 6 core, and if the calculator is not wrong, i can make 15 dollars after power cost a month of XMR,  is there components or a way for me to setup say 5 of my CPUs, i just don't know what to even look for, i was checking out server mother boards, but not sure about it. just looking for more along the lines a small pci boards, or even separate unit i could plug a cpu into and use to mine? is there anything like this if not think there could be a market for it? i think there might be i mean if there are cpus capable of making profit, maybe even help levereage the strangle hold on the GPU market, or put it in the same position
Pages:
Jump to: