Pages:
Author

Topic: My 1000th post on this forum! Things I have learnt :) - page 2. (Read 847 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 185
Roobet supporter and player!
Also I have learnt that it's important that you respect your seniors here (senior as in the more established members) because they have years of experience here. Forum is no one's monopoly, but they have earnt surely trust and credibility for that respect!
Respect is not expected on an online forum, and definitely not on bitcointalk. Respect is more suited in homes or schools or in more real life situations. I understand your point, but respect isn't the word to use, you can admire users who have achieved higher ranks than you and also seek help from them, but I'll not say respect, that's the reason some users use the word "sir" which I personally consider absurd.

Respect can be used everywhere even in online social platforms. Admiring someone is just believing because of his insights, intelligence and behaviour. But if you respect someone, though it argues your opinion. You will acknowledge him. If you respect someone, you are open to his suggestion. If you admire someone, you are open because his suggestion suits in you.

How does saying sir is absurd? It is a formal way of communicating. Our industry has a lot of professional people at the same time, anonymous. Therefore, it is good if you talk with a please just like putting sir in front of his pseudonym. Besides, that three letters can set the mood of your discussion.

Respect our senior, that's why I respect your opinion sir. And I believe that in order for us to have consensus in this forum, we should respect everybody's opinion.

For OP, i agree with you. We have just to focus in learning rather than wasting our time in drama's. But then, we need also to look in that thread in order for us to be aware of what is happening in this forum.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Also I have learnt that it's important that you respect your seniors here (senior as in the more established members) because they have years of experience here. Forum is no one's monopoly, but they have earnt surely trust and credibility for that respect!

There's loads of seniors who are loathsome twats. And many more who are nothing but farmed accounts that you could create by shitposting once a day for a few months. There was no requirement to have quality posts to rank up before merit was introduced.

No one deserves respect just because they've been around for a long time. And even good members occasionally come out with total drivel.

Stay away from the tempting dramas happening all the time in the forum. Don't comment and take anyone's side. But don't fear to call a scammer a scammer. Politely though Cheesy

This is good advice. Lots of people seem to disappear down the pointless feuding route and, even worse, get into the trust and reputation side. It's a monumental waste of life that achieves nothing other than wasting time better spent elsewhere.

I could maybe understand it if these people were doing actual business with each other, but not a single one is as far as I can tell.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 133
You are lucky that you knew that it is your 1000th post. I even didn't notice when I was there. After posting, I have seen that it was my 1000th post- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54174928
Nevertheless, you experience here seems to be good. I agree that there's no fear to call scammer a scammer but when someone calls scammer to an innocent guy, that's something hurts most. Be as accurate as possible before calling someone scammer. Good luck.
Cheers

Ayy yeah !

Respect is not expected on an online forum, and definitely not on bitcointalk. Respect is more suited in homes or schools or in more real life situations. I understand your point, but respect isn't the word to use, you can admire users who have achieved higher ranks than you and also seek help from them, but I'll not say respect, that's the reason some users use the word "sir" which I personally consider absurd.
Stay away from the tempting dramas happening all the time in the forum. Don't comment and take anyone's side. But don't fear to call a scammer a scammer. Politely though Cheesy
You can 'ignore' the reputation section if you want to stay away from drama on the forum, but it's also fine if you wish to get involved with your own accurate or correct take/comment on them.

True, I guess admiration would be better word. Ig I like to stay non alligned. Specially when the drama is very complicated. But I have seen some newbies jumping into big dramas for pleasing a side, then facing consequences in the long run haha Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1268
Life's but a walking shadow!
You can 'ignore' the reputation section if you want to stay away from drama on the forum, but it's also fine if you wish to get involved with your own accurate or correct take/comment on them.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 850
You are lucky that you knew that it is your 1000th post. I even didn't notice when I was there. After posting, I have seen that it was my 1000th post- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.54174928
Nevertheless, you experience here seems to be good. I agree that there's no fear to call scammer a scammer but when someone calls scammer to an innocent guy, that's something hurts most. Be as accurate as possible before calling someone scammer. Good luck.
Cheers
Activity: 1022
Merit: 133
So this marks my 1000th post on the forum which is a milestone for me Cheesy I have always considered it to be a step too high, but with course of time and engagements, I have made 1000 posts. It's not really big as ofcourse, people with decade-thousand posts, but yeah, that first milestone is precious Tongue

I've learnt a couple of things on my stay here. Which might help the very new newbie to begin his journey here!

Not many months ago I was a newbie, lurking here thinking how others are so smart, I might not even be able to post anything without getting embarassed/trolled. But then slowly I started to engage in comments and posts I had interests in. And slowly it became comfortable.

Now there's no fear to pass on a opinion in even the most controversial topics here Cheesy and I like that freedom!

Yeah that's all I guess.  Grin

Cheers!
Pages:
Jump to: