Pages:
Author

Topic: my account got banned - page 2. (Read 1927 times)

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
March 15, 2016, 01:30:56 AM
It was because you attempted to reset your password via your security question.

You should sign a message from an address associated with your account and answer any questions that BadBear (who whichever moderator asks) about your account and you should hopefully be able to recover it.

ups! How do I do that? "sign a message"?

I am able to send from my email I have associated with this account, and I still know my security questions answer.
Also the BTC address linked is mine.

Is there any format I should use?

You can take a look at this thread to get more information as to how to sign a message. Your message should be in this format.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
March 15, 2016, 12:54:13 AM
Your account locked because you used security question to reset password,last year in may when some of security question details were stolen by hackers theymos disabled this option to recover password using security question, it has been discussed many times before.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/psa-accounts-will-be-locked-if-the-secret-question-is-used-to-recover-it-1206977

Using the email recovery gives me this message.

Sorry, this account has not yet been approved. If you need to change your email address please click here.

there has been no validation email feature. I would have used it.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
March 15, 2016, 12:50:30 AM
Your account locked because you used security question to reset password,last year in may when some of security question details were stolen by hackers theymos disabled this option to recover password using security question, it has been discussed many times before.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/psa-accounts-will-be-locked-if-the-secret-question-is-used-to-recover-it-1206977
March 15, 2016, 12:47:53 AM

You should sign a message from an address associated with your account and answer any questions that BadBear (who whichever moderator asks) about your account and you should hopefully be able to recover it.

ups! How do I do that? "sign a message"?

I am able to send from my email I have associated with this account, and I still know my security questions answer.
Also the BTC address linked is mine.

Is there any format I should use?

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
March 15, 2016, 12:41:42 AM

March 15, 2016, 12:38:53 AM
Hello @ll,

my account KiwiParty has been banned.
This happened after I tried to relogin, and the passwords have been wiped with ccleaner.
I couldnt remember the right one, and it locked me.
Then I used the secret question feature to reset my password, but it won't let me in.

Everytime I try to login, I get this message:
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry KiwiParty, you are banned from using this forum!
For security, your account has been locked. Email [email protected]

Is this account banned due my failed login attempts, or due any posts I did??
I have no clue. Please help. Thank you.

How do I gain access again?
Pages:
Jump to: