Pages:
Author

Topic: My Bitcointalk, BTC Story. - page 3. (Read 1702 times)

legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
June 27, 2019, 07:40:08 AM
Congrats to ranking up mate, I think we have a similar story as well, I was about to rank up to Hero prior to the introduction of the merit system...

Great story Baofeng, thanks for sharing. Is just hard to imagine how big impact crypto has on so many lives. Just impossible to stop this revolution at this time.

I can only hope that BTC will shoot to 100.000$ with this bull run and we all finish financially free.

This Is such a great opportunity and I always liked the concept of the wealth redistribution with BTC.

I will read another encouraging story, starting to be addicted to Grin. Share your story, please if you have one!
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
June 27, 2019, 05:44:44 AM
Congrats to ranking up mate, I think we have a similar story as well, I was about to rank up to Hero prior to the introduction of the merit system. At first I was a bit disappointment, however I learn and go by the system and up to know I'm still a senior and trying to rank up into a Hero. Maybe I will get lucky this year and achieved that. It will be a big accomplishment on my end.

I was in the IT sector, unfortunately, I was laid off by the company in 2015 so it's really hard for me to bring food in the table. Working offline as a freelance was good but it was not enough at the competition is really hard that time. Luckily at the beginning of 2017, I encounter this site, so being in IT make me curious about what this crypto is all about and then learn that at the side line, you can earn bitcoin. So I did everything to understand crypto and how the community works. And then those precious bitcoin I earn was used for trading. So it is a life saver for me as it gives me financial financial freedom, specially the crypto boom in 2017.

So it was also a difficult journey, I did also take the risk of working outside of my country, travel to Canada with just a visitors visa, trying to get some luck to be able to hire, unfortunately though 9/11 happen, so I have no choice but to go back and start my journey. Find good jobs, laid off in one of the worst economic meltdown in 2008. Land a job in 2009, lost again, re-hire by the same company in 2009 then finally for the last time they let me go for good in 2015. But again, thank God that I found crypto and bitcoin in 2017 and now I would say that my life has turn 360 degrees. (I have an off-line business too!!!).

Thank you for sharing your story, I'm sure it will give inspiration to others as well.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
June 27, 2019, 05:15:27 AM
Off topic section has no frequent readers as other boards.
My story posted in Beginners & Help board, it has been there for months. I think you should consider to move your topic into that board, that looks fitted with core purpose of the thread. Newbies might learn lots of things and might be motivated by your thread.
Promotion with merit system and new rank requirements. It's possible.
legendary
June 27, 2019, 04:38:46 AM
Yeah I believe this must be in bitcoin discussions as I have read some stories from other members there about what bitcoin brings to their life.i didn’t come to bookmarked them but I things there are 2 of them ,the one made a vacation something from the expense he profited from bitcoin and the other one is I cannot remember

I will wait for a little and if indeed there will be no activity at all I will move this topic to BTC discussion section and hope that mods don't remove it again.

Off topic section has no frequent readers as other boards. As I said I am here only because my thread was moved. I never come to this section if I don't have to.

Activity: 616
Merit: 30
June 27, 2019, 03:34:45 AM
Like I thought after great start this thread lost all activity when was moved to off-topic section.

I don't think that this is the proper section for this thread.

So much mug in the meta section that sometimes I wish to read something different.

Yeah I believe this must be in bitcoin discussions as I have read some stories from other members there about what bitcoin brings to their life.i didn’t come to bookmarked them but I things there are 2 of them ,the one made a vacation something from the expense he profited from bitcoin and the other one is I cannot remember
legendary
June 26, 2019, 01:36:25 PM
Like I thought after great start this thread lost all activity when was moved to off-topic section.

I don't think that this is the proper section for this thread.

So much mug in the meta section that sometimes I wish to read something different.

legendary
June 26, 2019, 07:17:02 AM
Sorry for the off topic but is there any chance that your legs can perform again?...

Thanks for asking is much better as it was 7 years ago. I am still sick and this shit stays with you until the end. I was running marathons 20 or even 50km when I was young. Now if I can run for 50 meters I will be happy. I can move by myself, of course, I am tired pretty fast and I have a lot of pain in my legs always. Still taking pills every day and have to wear special healing socks for entire legs. Now I have social cover here and all insurances needed. Medical care here is on a very high level so doctors are doing all what possible. I still hope it will be better someday. I don't know a new pill or something  Cheesy.
Activity: 616
Merit: 30
June 26, 2019, 06:44:00 AM

~snip~

I was never sick in my entire life, only some colds (when sleeping under a tree  Wink) or headaches. Until suddenly, one day in the morning, I couldn't move. I got so much pain in my legs that I have never experienced before in my entire life. I was taken to the hospital and it turned out that I have Thrombosis of both legs in six places, which is virtually unheard of. First of all, it's a disease of old people and I just started my 40 back then. Additionally, it's normally only in one or max two places in one leg, not in both and in six places.

Sorry for the off topic but is there any chance that your legs can perform again?i mean are those curable?was just concern since you have struggled a lot in your life.

Extending my Prayers for you mate and hope you can walk again normally..

I have no much more story to tell But i have found admiration from yours,thank you for sharing and happy 6th anniversary for your account
legendary
June 26, 2019, 06:02:31 AM
...I don't remember the password I setup for wallets. That's a long and stressful weeks to try remember passwords. So, I understood what you experienced...

Yes, I understand you fully. I wanted my post to be as short as possible because if somebody wants to read a book he buys one  Wink. So I had to cut the original post in which I described this situation with wallet fully. I couldn't find the keys first, but the major problem was that I had no internet. So I was traveling in my wheelchair through a very small village looking for open wifi  Grin. The best story begins when I found that wifi  Wink Grin.

...I have already drafted out my celebration post so i won't want to be a spoiler...

As I said before I would like to read your "celebration" post if possible. Please be so kind and post a link or quote the hall story. Why not?

...without this forum and its members helping a total noob out my journey would of been much harder or may not of even happened...

Thank you for sharing your story. I like it and ask for more!!!

...Appreciated. I think I should share my story, that has been burried in mud, here.

This is the right choice. I will be very happy to read more such stories.

From what I have seen this thread lose attention and I couldn't understand why? Now I know.

I see that is moved to Off-Topic section and nobody looks to this section TBH. I personally never did on my own.

Wasn't sure to which section publish this thread and I left the decision to moderators but to Off-Topic section? Why?

Finally is about BTC, Bitcointalk forum and there is so much mud in the meta section.

Is not worth to have one little different, more inspirational thread there, between all these scams and personal fights? Maybe not.
legendary
June 25, 2019, 11:39:22 AM
Quite an interesting and motivational story thanks for sharing and also congratulation on your ranking up. I would had loved to share my story here but as you can see I'm almost a Hero member too and I have already drafted out my celebration post so i won't want to be a spoiler...

Thank you for your kind words and I would like to read your "celebration" post if possible. Please be so kind and post a link or quote the hall story. Why not?

This thread is for such stories and I assume a lot of members will be glad to have them in one place or even a few during the time.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
June 25, 2019, 09:23:55 AM
I would like to hear some stories from you Bitcointalk members. Share your Bitcointalk or BTC story if you have one!

i think ive posted it a couple times but no idea when or where.

soo.. around mid 2011 on a tech forum, anandtech, there was a thread about this bitcoin thing. "mine" btc coins with (at that point) your graphic card. since i was familiar with distributed computing (folding@home, had some nvidia cards and a cpu aimed at it) i hunted some info down on bitcoin mining and such and finally aimed my ATI HD4850 on my daily driver rig at it. well it took a few tries between setting up the mining program, the core wallet and a pool account up, but finally, i got a payout in btc to my wallet.

now, the fun part. convert that to dollars in my bank account and see if this whole thing could work. much more reading, and finally mtgox and dwolla are set up. aaaand presto. money in the bank.

at this point i was much more aware of what bitcoin was really about.. not making money, but redefining money. and being your own bank, with all that entails. i was hooked.

but now to get the wife on board. since i had proved to both her and myself it really worked end to end (mining to meney in the bank), i convinced her to let me buy an ATI HD6870 (as ATI cards were the goto cards back then) i remember when i got it and proudly showed her the card she was like "WHAT?? $200 bucks for THAT??" she thought i was nuts. I thought it was a thing of beauty.

anyway i put it to work, showed it could put actual dollars in the bank if needed, and my btc journey began in earnest. later added a HD5830 and HD6770. ran those cards for years between btc and ltc mining. and i still have the cards. i will never get rid of them, and am tempted to gold plate the 4850 and 6870.. basically those two cards changed our lives.

of course then there were things like the lost coins due to stupidity on my part, the mtgox debacle, occasional scams, the crazy price rise and falls, all the stuff that makes crypto such an exiting place.

wouldnt of missed this for the world. well worth the admission price just for the entertainment value alone. and it did change our lives.

thank you bitcoin.

and thank you bitcointalk forum of course. without this forum and its members helping a total noob out my journey would of been much harder or may not of even happened.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
June 25, 2019, 09:19:15 AM
Quite an interesting and motivational story thanks for sharing and also congratulation on your ranking up. I would had loved to share my story here but as you can see I'm almost a Hero member too and I have already drafted out my celebration post so i won't want to be a spoiler. Truely it isn't easy ranking up to hero especially when you're just an average user like myself, currently I'm counting down my days too just as you were doing few months back (as stated in your OP) before the introduction of the merit system hopefully nothing new spoils my celebration  Grin
legendary
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
June 25, 2019, 08:05:32 AM
legendary
June 25, 2019, 05:08:22 AM
...a typo found.
Thirst I want to say Thanks to all poster in this thread for your encouraging words.

Thank you very much. I awarded you with merit for this post because is clear that you have read the hall thread really closely and with attention.
legendary
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
June 25, 2019, 03:57:19 AM
I would like to hear some stories from you Bitcointalk members. Share your Bitcointalk or BTC story if you have one!
I added your story into my thread: Inspirational stories from self-made promoted users
And, a typo found.
Thirst I want to say Thanks to all poster in this thread for your encouraging words.
legendary
June 25, 2019, 03:33:13 AM
...By the way, I am just curious that are you serious that you started your companies with just $450?
Anyway, congratulations because finally you still been here, and contributed great things for the forum community...

First, I want to say Thanks to all the posters in this thread for your encouraging words.

Second, I will answer your question @thd26bct. I did not start my small business with only 450$ but sold single BTC for 450$ and I mined a few blocks solo   Wink.

When I heard about BTC was already too late and the price was almost 50% down from first ATH in 2014. This was the first time that something like this happened and many people suggested to hold. So I sold only so much to get my life back and thought that maybe will go up again. Finally, I had to sell when I was loosing more and more every day.

Activity: 300
Merit: 93
June 24, 2019, 06:53:49 PM
You told us a great, and motivational story, from which we know that everyone has their own lives, own stories. It is just they tell their stories or not. If someone is do great works, to contribute for the forum, they deserve respectfulness.

I have nearly same situations with altcoins, that I liked them, and forgot (due to their low prices). One day, the pumped, and I don't remember the password I setup for wallets. That's a long and stressful weeks to try remember passwords. So, I understood what you experienced.

By the way, I am just curious that are you serious that you started your companies with just $450?
Anyway, congratulations because finally you still been here, and contributed great things for the forum community.
Activity: 770
Merit: 298
tozex.io
June 24, 2019, 03:47:34 PM
Glad for you, even though my story is not as heroic as yours, but BTC or crypto to be exact helps my life too.
I'm still on college and able to bought laptop and phones with my own money, cover my daily expenses and sometime i paid my tuition fee if i had enough.
Btw i live on third world country so it's much cheaper compared to Europe
legendary
June 24, 2019, 03:26:11 PM
So i wonder what sick do you suffer? and do you still running your small business until now?

I was never sick in my entire life, only some colds (when sleeping under a tree  Wink) or headaches. Until suddenly, one day in the morning, I couldn't move. I got so much pain in my legs that I have never experienced before in my entire life. I was taken to the hospital and it turned out that I have Thrombosis of both legs in six places, which is virtually unheard of. First of all, it's a disease of old people and I just started my 40 back then. Additionally, it's normally only in one or max two places in one leg, not in both and in six places.

Yes, I keep running my business. The only work I was able to do was in a sitting position. I had a professional driver license and a lot of experience as a professional driver, so I started a small taxi business which is growing each year and running smoothly. It was easy and only money was needed to start. Today after five years I hire 4 additional drivers and have a few cars in my fleet  Cheesy.
Activity: 770
Merit: 298
tozex.io
June 24, 2019, 03:13:06 PM
So i wonder what sick do you suffer? and do you still running your small business until now?
Pages:
Jump to: