Pages:
Author

Topic: My brother wants to open bitcointalk account - page 2. (Read 466 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
What there's no problem having one? I thought that having an alt is a bad thing and is frowned upon in this forum. Although I don't feel like making one now though, I am already doing great with this account and I have other ways to make money already like staking, NFTs and blockchain games.
There is nothing wrong to have alt account, as long as you're not abusing signature campaigns and bounties with multiple accounts or do other harmful activity. Many members, including theymos here have alt accounts for valid reasons. For example they are using alt accounts when they access forum through not safe connection like public Wi-Fi. Or they use alt account for their business here. We can find many reasons.
Though, abusers often using excuses that's their brother's, father's, dog's or other family member account when they get caught abusing campaigns. But I hope that's not case with OP.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
But we use same wifi. Is there any problem if he creat bitcointalk account in his mobile.
You are free to use wifi, although one wifi you use 100 people and so does the cellphone you use and also if you want to create 1-10 accounts on this Bitcointalk.

What I need to say to you is: The rules you need to obey and never break.
Every place of discussion in this forum has rules, before you do something you read first, what not to do and what to do, if you always obey the rules in this forum, be it campaigns, Bitcointalk and many others, you are safe without any problems.

I will give an example of the rules that should not be done and the rules that can be done on the Bitcointalk forum.

1. Topic: Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ
2. Topic: Known Alts of any-one - A User Generated List Mk III (2021 Q3)
3. Topic: Signature Campaign Guidelines (read this before starting or joining a campaign)

And many others that you should read and understand.
Activity: 2058
Merit: 532
FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10

What there's no problem having one? I thought that having an alt is a bad thing and is frowned upon in this forum. Although I don't feel like making one now though, I am already doing great with this account and I have other ways to make money already like staking, NFTs and blockchain games.

Most of the time those alts were associated with plagiarizers that don't understand that once they're banned for good, they are no longer welcome.

I never ever thought of making one too until some time ago when I had to find out why my main got suspended.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
~
I don't see any problem, OP. Just take note of what NeuroticFish said. In cases that you have an encounter with evil fees like what libert19 mentioned above, go here : Remove Proxyban (evil fees) - email to get whitelisted for free. It should be unlikely for you, unless a scenario mentioned by Upgrade00 happened.

~
There are good reasons to have an alt account. You could use one primarily for discussion/s and the other one for business-related stuffs.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
You will probably face that 'evil fee' thing, try creating account and see how it goes.
Creating multiple accounts from a single IP does no increase the amount of evil associated with it, it rather goes up when an account from that IP gets banned.

It shouldn't be probable, except Raihan.arh has had an account banned before or paid for evil fee while registering on the forum, if not, the new user would likely have no problem registering on the forum.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
You will probably face that 'evil fee' thing, try creating account and see how it goes.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
My younger brother also have interest in bitcointalk. Can he creat bitcointalk account in his new mobile. 

N.B. In our house I also have bitcointalk account in my mobile. But we use same wifi. Is there any problem if he creat bitcointalk account in his mobile.

You can even have 2 accounts and it's fine. So if it's not even yours, it should not be a problem.
But... if you join the same bounties with both accounts and they're actually yours or you and your brother get to write by mistake from the same account.. then problems may occur because it will be seen as bounty cheating.

I think that my answer clears up this too.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
no, no real problem... you're allowed to have as many alt accounts as you want, as long as you don't abuse them.
This is even less of a problem, since it's not an alt account but rather a second account using the same ip.
Activity: 84
Merit: 18
Just set up an account with your  brother’s email address.

Same IP address, no big deal.

legendary
Activity: 3402
Merit: 5004
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
no, no real problem... you're allowed to have as many alt accounts as you want, as long as you don't abuse them.
This is even less of a problem, since it's not an alt account but rather a second account using the same ip.
Activity: 644
Merit: 1
My younger brother also have interest in bitcointalk. Can he creat bitcointalk account in his new mobile. 

N.B. In our house I also have bitcointalk account in my mobile. But we use same wifi. Is there any problem if he creat bitcointalk account in his mobile.
Pages:
Jump to: