Pages:
Author

Topic: My Impression of Avalon Machine (cooling info updated) - page 2. (Read 15180 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
techwtf any chance of some small guide been provided on what you did to configure it and get it up and running. I know The units has as much as own system and connection and web inter phase any details on setting up checking temps speeds.

Any chance of some videos and guides regarding this?

updated some details about monitoring. it should have no difficulty if you have played with openwrt before. make sure you save and apply the settings.

Never used openwrt before that is why was asking how to or make some videos or instructions to get running ad awaiting arrival of own unit
Hey,It is easy:)
Have you configured scho router via web interface?  
IP/MASK/GW DNS or DHCP client(!!!Shall be avoided static ip is preferable) - as long as utp is connected to WAN
Cgminer has a web backed as far as i can see - you have to enter pool url , user(worker) and password form openwrt web interface

That shall be all

so its some sort of interphase like a router connect to ip and you connect to it and define settings for it to use and thats it?

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Im curious about the temperature of the room before starting the machine
legendary
Activity: 1610
techwtf any chance of some small guide been provided on what you did to configure it and get it up and running. I know The units has as much as own system and connection and web inter phase any details on setting up checking temps speeds.

updated some details about monitoring. it should have no difficulty if you have played with openwrt before. make sure you save and apply the settings.

Never used openwrt before that is why was asking how to or make some videos or instructions to get running ad awaiting arrival of own unit
Hey,It is easy:)
Have you configured scho router via web interface?  
IP/MASK/GW DNS or DHCP client(!!!Shall be avoided static ip is preferable) - as long as utp is connected to WAN
Cgminer has a web backed as far as i can see - you have to enter pool url , user(worker) and password form openwrt web interface

That shall be all
legendary

legendary
Yes there are a LOT of statistics available via the API.
It's simply a case of finding what stats show the problem they are having with the hardware and using that.
(Yes from what was said before 'MHS 5s' did not go down to 0 when the problem occurred)
Thanks Kano i missed that info:)
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Yes there are a LOT of statistics available via the API.
It's simply a case of finding what stats show the problem they are having with the hardware and using that.
(Yes from what was said before 'MHS 5s' did not go down to 0 when the problem occurred)
legendary
Hello,

How is going with Avalon stability? Is it ok or you need to act when it stop hasshing.
---------------------
6 there is some monitoring logic in cron, but it does NOT prevent the machine to get wonky (jgrazik & me both have experienced, crying~~).
Here is a snippet might be useful.
(default port is 4028. I'm not responsible for any loss if the snippet doesnt work as expected. you should know a little bash scripting)
RESTART_MONITOR="(echo -n 'devs' | nc ${IP} ${PORT} | grep 'MHS 5s=0.0') && (echo -n 'restart' | nc ${IP} ${PORT})"

----------------

As i can understand that this script is not much reliable. Can you clarify why from the following options

1. (echo -n 'devs' | nc ${IP} ${PORT} | grep 'MHS 5s=0.0')  - it is not reliable and even avlon not hashing you are never finding string 'MHS 5s=0.0'
2. echo -n 'restart' | nc ${IP} ${PORT} - Restarting cgminer is not solving the problem
3. restart the machine (soft reboot) from ssh/telnet with reboot command is not slowing the problem
4. Power Off and On (hard reboot) is the only solution?

In general i am interested to know the following:
1. Is there automated way (via script locally) to find out for sure that avalon is not hashing
2. Only power off/on solves the problem or soft reboot from the script will do the job?

10X

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata

LOL - seriously?
You are one of the few people with ASIC on the network and you put up a tip address?
I just thought that was funny Tongue

Time is money  Grin
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I'm a first batch Avalon buyer in China, purchased via taobao / alipay (& paid RMB).
Avalon sent the machine on Feb 18 & I got my first machine (*: my order is 3 machines) on Feb 20 and it hashes well on HHTT.
The first buyer in China got his machine afternoon or evening on Feb 18 (+0800) I think. Mine delayed for 2 days.

Currently (Feb 22) even someone in China get their Avalon (5 is confirmed including mine, no more than 10) in their hands, they each has only ONE machine delivered no matter how many are ordered. Avalon planned to ship the remaining at the end of Feb.

Here is some unordered summaries & notices that may help you prepare.
You may ask other related questions & I'll try hard to answer.

Tips will be appreciated: 1HFhtvzNEiy9eooLSJRMyZ1XB2FXgYGvCH
LOL - seriously?
You are one of the few people with ASIC on the network and you put up a tip address?
I just thought that was funny Tongue
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Interesting review,How much noise are we talking about from a decibel perspective ?
I tried the sound level meter func from LINE Tools with my iPhone 4. you may consider this to be inaccurate.
~54 dB, location: 1 meter above the left back fans.
~63-64 dB, location: near (~ 15cm) the left back fans.

fan RPM are 2280 & 2640.
what kind of power cord is it?
China standard. yours should be different as bitsyncom said.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Interesting review,How much noise are we talking about from a decibel perspective ?
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
what kind of power cord is it?

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
Thank you for the review.   Great insight.

Dalkore
6 the PSU is Antec EA-650 Green (80P Bronze, not the Platinum one)

7 There is a power board(?) inside, on the board there are 2 * 6pin PCI-E power connectors remaining.
so if you want to replace a better PSU, make sure it have 2 more 6pin pci-e connectors MORE THAN EA-650.

Can you describe the power board better?

Is it a board that accepts the 20 or 24 pin ATX main plug and has spots for four 6-pin 12v PCIE connectors, and then distributes power to the modules, hub and router?  If so, is it a 20 or 24 pin socket?  Does it also have a 4 or 8 pin ATX CPU connector?  How many output spots does it have, and of what type?

sorry I made a mistake, I'll update soon. updated.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Absolutely fantastic review. Thanks for the details Techwtf!
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
6 the PSU is Antec EA-650 Green (80P Bronze, not the Platinum one)

7 There is a power board(?) inside, on the board there are 2 * 6pin PCI-E power connectors remaining.
so if you want to replace a better PSU, make sure it have 2 more 6pin pci-e connectors MORE THAN EA-650.

Can you describe the power board better?

Is it a board that accepts the 20 or 24 pin ATX main plug and has spots for four 6-pin 12v PCIE connectors, and then distributes power to the modules, hub and router?  If so, is it a 20 or 24 pin socket?  Does it also have a 4 or 8 pin ATX CPU connector?  How many output spots does it have, and of what type?
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Whats the max uve been able to OC it too? or have you tried goin above 300?
I'm not sure what you mean for "uve", is that voltage? not able to change it.

it seems you cant go above 300, since there are some duplicated work submitted, I think it is really a HW problem.

Sorry, thats short for you've =P ... ah so 300 seems to be the max? got ya. Welp, will be interesting once more people start testing their units to see what the variance is in overclockin & underclocking.
Pages:
Jump to: