Pages:
Author

Topic: My Impression of Avalon Machine (cooling info updated) - page 3. (Read 15180 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Whats the max uve been able to OC it too? or have you tried goin above 300?
I'm not sure what you mean for "uve", is that voltage? not able to change it.

it seems you cant go above 300, since there are some duplicated work submitted, I think it is really a HW problem.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Whats the max uve been able to OC it too? or have you tried goin above 300?
1221iZanNi5igK7oAA7AWmYjpsyjsRbLLZ
Thanks for the great review!
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
side note, : EA-650 Green is a good PSU...I've been running one for the past year and a half with two HD5970
What is the power consumption difference when you overclock?
Sorry, I dont have a power meter. Sad

---

I updated some monitoring things in main thread.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Manateeeeeeees
What is the power consumption difference when you overclock?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Hello ,
Can you check what dmseg is saying about flash size and post the results.

On my tp-link host used with Lancelots with 8Mb flash it says

dmesg
-------------------------------------
[    0.730000] ath79-spi ath79-spi: master is unqueued, this is deprecated
[    0.740000] m25p80 spi0.0: found s25fl064k, expected m25p80
[    0.740000] m25p80 spi0.0: s25fl064k (8192 Kbytes)

I am curious because i am planning to build own image with some more applications (php, openvpn, 3g support and so on) and i am not quite sure if 4M will be enough. I will disable wireless drivers/apps whch is going to give me some free space but...it might be not enough

10X

openwrt rev r35097.
[    0.480000] m25p80 spi0.0: found en25q32b, expected m25p80
[    0.480000] m25p80 spi0.0: en25q32b (4096 Kbytes)

this kind of flash can be found in newer revision of wr703n / wr720n.

You may not success I think. including openvpn may eat a lot of space.
just for cgminer, if you can build a libcurl without openssl maybe there is chance. you should use a router instead.

remove the ppp support should free some space to allow updating cgminer to jffs2.
Thank you very much!

Or i can buy Wr-842N hack it with 64M Ram as i did already and forget about it:)

Wish you luck with your Avalon:)

Best
Hello ,

dmesg

I am curious because i am planning to build own image with some more applications (php, openvpn, 3g support and so on) and i am not quite sure if 4M will be enough. I will disable wireless drivers/apps whch is going to give me some free space but...it might be not enough

10X

openwrt rev r35097.
[    0.480000] m25p80 spi0.0: found en25q32b, expected m25p80
[    0.480000] m25p80 spi0.0: en25q32b (4096 Kbytes)

this kind of flash can be found in newer revision of wr703n / wr720n.

You may not success I think. including openvpn may eat a lot of space.
just for cgminer, if you can build a libcurl without openssl maybe there is chance. you should use a router instead.

remove the ppp support should free some space to allow updating cgminer to jffs2.
Activity: 868

I guess ngzhang would come up with many names to let your package pass Smiley

I hope they don't do that on the customs documentation for Australia.  Computers and computer parts are declarable items here and a 33 lb package isn't exactly inconspicuous.
legendary
Hello ,

dmesg

10X
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
grate review

10x

Quoted from above:

................ and everything will be clear then.
This includes also, that the other customers will know when they get their units?
Currently you would have sent about 108 units!

Ah actually, this is probably something I should update, the original plan is to assemble one and send one, of course this isn't working out, we currently have sent a batch of 53 to a different route, as it currently stands, this 53 has the biggest chance to make it out of the country, then we can attempt again if the news make it back to us before Feb 2. which is the deadline for getting things out of the country before CNY.

Honestly, this is probably something we underestimated and I'd like to personally apologize for having similarity with BFL, it is so pathetic. Then again though, since we did originally promise to ship everything out before Feb ends I don't really see a problem with this.

As for new information, we are still dealing with the custom issues I've previously mentioned, but Jeff should receive his units within this week, and everything will be clear then.

You seriously believe that shipping one unit to one customer will make you earn 750k$ in preorders? During the weekend, maybe?

Dude,
It is up to us. He has nothing to believe in. We are the ones to decide if he will get 750K or zero. From what i see here the answer is yes he will sell 500 batch in 20 mins max if the site does not hang:) Let me refresh your memory first batch 300 units was sold for less than 20 minutes or so even though Avalon was about three mounts behind from shipping compared to BTCFPGA and BFL promises

Couldn't have said it better myself, I'm writing up the batch #2 pre-sale thread right now.

Yes, in the Chinese forum someone argued this shipping speed have violated the original plan, he says ngzhang has said to have delivered before CNY. I'm not sure about how foreign orders are really going.
legendary

Sorry, no increasing. may have hurt normal shares & rolled back. seems not touching that number yield better results. I think 43-44 do not worth testing because the change should be minimal.

Thanks!

One final question. I know that your shipment was a domestic one. were there any invoice or documents with your order?  If there were am particularity interested what was written inside - especially how  avalon unit was named? Something like PC. PC parts or whatever?

There was taobao transaction history but the item is now pulled off (not for sale long ago) by ngzhang. there is only a snapshot that I can get. payment is done via alipay.
on Chinese bitcoin related forums, it is called "阿瓦隆矿机" (Avalon Miner) or "南瓜矿机" (literally pumpkin miner, pumpkin is nan2gua1 in pinyin, which is first 2 character of ngzhang's nickname)

--- (checking the box)

Ah~~~~!!! I found it!
"控制箱" (control box) on the delivery receipt! the outer box is a typical unprinted big one, no printed pic/text.

I guess so:)
Thank You!
Best
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

Sorry, no increasing. may have hurt normal shares & rolled back. seems not touching that number yield better results. I think 43-44 do not worth testing because the change should be minimal.

Thanks!

One final question. I know that your shipment was a domestic one. were there any invoice or documents with your order?  If there were am particularity interested what was written inside - especially how  avalon unit was named? Something like PC. PC parts or whatever?

There was taobao transaction history but the item is now pulled off (not for sale long ago) by ngzhang. there is only a snapshot that I can get. payment is done via alipay.
on Chinese bitcoin related forums, it is called "阿瓦隆矿机" (Avalon Miner) or "南瓜矿机" (literally pumpkin miner, pumpkin is nan2gua1 in pinyin, which is first 2 character of ngzhang's nickname)

--- (checking the box)

Ah~~~~!!! I found it!
"控制箱" (control box) on the delivery receipt! the outer box is a typical unprinted big one, no printed pic/text.

Activity: 631
Merit: 500
thanks for the review. useful info. glad to hear people are actually getting their units now.
legendary

Thanks!

One final question. I know that your shipment was a domestic one. were there any invoice or documents with your order?  If there were I am particularity interested what was written inside - especially how  avalon unit was named? Something like PC, PC parts or whatever?

legendary
Overclocked Avalon?

Magnificent.

Water cool that suxor!

Mineral Oil - Transformer oil in my case to safe some bugs:)
ate least that is what i am going to do if i need to. As long as capacitors are on top of the PCB precisely one can sunk avalon board and leave the capacitors dry - that will be best solution from my point of view:)  Oh yeah and when pcb is oil cooled stock heat sinks will be removed (or sealed) for sure to avoid air pockets:)
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Nice synopsis OP. Thanks!
Glad that Avalons are already being delivered! This is an excellent sign. Just hoping customers outside China would also be shown some love.

3 HW Error about 0.55% ~ 0.65% @ 282. ~0.75% @ overclocking to 300. hashrate increase by 5% if overclocked.

Dude,
The review is just great!

Please, can you confirm what options are you using for overclocking

--avalon-options 115200:24:10:45:300? Particularity i am interested in time-out value --avalon-options 115200:24:10:40-45??:300. Have you tried with something smaller than 45 (default)

Best

I'll try 42:300 soon.
Great!
I am very curious if that will increase the hash rate a little bit more:)

Best

Pages:
Jump to: