Pages:
Author

Topic: My mommy bought me an education, am I smart now? - page 2. (Read 2224 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Mother, do you think they'll drop the bomb?
Mother, do you think they'll like this song?
Mother, do you think they'll try to break my balls?
Ooooh aah, mother, should I build a wall?

I have heard that song before what is it called?

Pink Floyd's "Mother"
Activity: 784
Education System is going no where nowadays Really worried about the parents and youth I mean donation system in place makes better student to sit at home as he can't afford to pay it and non deserving canditates are holding the medical degrees as they are capable of paying donation.
Activity: 248
Merit: 100

I have heard that song before what is it called?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
no, but you're probably a good boy Wink

now go present your nearest bank with your hard acquired currency
Activity: 546
If you talk about reputated universities of the world they assure you that they will provide 100% Placement but then it also depends on your actual capabilities only bookish knowledge would not help. But the Private Universities their main motto is just to make money out of it.

no, you're piss broke and in debt now.

I just got off the phone with a pre-paid college program for my newborn.  700 dollars a month until he starts college in 18 years and it's free.....

fucking unreal.
The education system is so fucked up now. everything is based on grades and not actual learning.
Absolutely True.
But those grades are useless when it comes to implement practically while working. And history says that dropouts are more successful then the degree holders i hope you know whom i am talking about. Bill Gates once said "I Failed in Exams but my Friends passed in all, Today they are the employees of Microsoft and I am the owner of Microsoft."

That's one reason colleges these days are not a guaranteed job like they use to be.
Activity: 631
The education system is so fucked up now. everything is based on grades and not actual learning.
Absolutely True.
But those grades are useless when it comes to implement practically while working. And history says that dropouts are more successful then the degree holders i hope you know whom i am talking about. Bill Gates once said "I Failed in Exams but my Friends passed in all, Today they are the employees of Microsoft and I am the owner of Microsoft."
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Education is all about a Business The value of education is diminishing universities just wants to earn money on the name of education and degrees doesnt have that importance nowadays you can just buy it by throwing money and even if you have degree you are not sure whether you will be having high paid jobs or not.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
This is our future.  Their mommies told them they're smart and we have to deal with the repercussions of 'educated' idiots making the decisions.

Money can buy a college degree, but not education.
If you are an idiot, you will just become an idiot with a fancy degree.
People like that are shown their place in the real world very quickly.

You would think so. The problem is its nearly impossible to fire people from certain jobs, especially government, so all the fools can just pile in there and circle-jerk.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
If Mommy and Daddy had taught you reading, writing and 'rithmetic rather than school, you'd be a lot better off.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1288
Most countries in Europe are facing this problem too. Education has become just another way to make money and the more people you're teaching the better because they are all paying for it.
Years ago schools had standards and you had to know something to be accepted. Now they are accepting everyone just to fill their own pockets. This means that people who spent a lot of time studying just to finish a decent school now find themselves surrounded by morons with the same degree, given by the same school.

If you are really smart you go to a better school with more prestige. Today many companies and corporations are paying attention to what type of school you had graduated. So if you really want to stand out you need to finish good school and then you can be sure that you will stand out above average
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
Kids are forced into learning material for tests as fast as possible instead of actually learning something useful, the real world is rarely multiple choice.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Saw this on Last Week Tonight and thought it was incredibly relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6lyURyVz7k
Activity: 641
Merit: 253
▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen
Most countries in Europe are facing this problem too. Education has become just another way to make money and the more people you're teaching the better because they are all paying for it.
Years ago schools had standards and you had to know something to be accepted. Now they are accepting everyone just to fill their own pockets. This means that people who spent a lot of time studying just to finish a decent school now find themselves surrounded by morons with the same degree, given by the same school.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
It all has to do with the nutritious cafeteria lunches.

[I spelled every one of those words wrong and had to look them all up. Thank goodness for spellcheckers. We didn't have a cafeteria at my school. I packed my own lunch, often put together by one of my siblings. One of my parents' favorite sandwiches was, brown sugar sandwiches.]

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Buying a degree has become quite common today. Feel disgusted to see such people getting jobs instead of those who deserve and who have suffered for years to earn a degree. You can get to know by talking to such people whether they are educated or not.

What I feel is, people should give chance to talent, capabilities and skills of someone rather than just seeing the education of one, as there are few things which capable people can do and educated ones can't. The thing here is, buying education won't be beneficial in the life of one who bought it. That doesn't mean illiterate people can't do anything.

I feel that illiterate people already get jobs they are capable of. Some Illiterate people cannot count numbers, cannot program a code, cannot read or write while some illiterate people can do the above in spite of being one.

If companies start employing illiterate people, it would create an inferiority complex in them as they would have to work with other highly literate people.

That's why it's preferred for a person to complete their education as there is no age limit for this and then they can get a job they wish. People who buy education in any case are unable to do anything and there are less chances to get a good job.

I second that. Though, I have been working with some really highly qualified people with whom I can't even think of standing with as I am just 10+2 and they are all Post Graduates, but still I never felt any complex being between them, it's you and them who create such environment and not the education. Wink
Activity: 770
This is our future.  Their mommies told them they're smart and we have to deal with the repercussions of 'educated' idiots making the decisions.

isn't that the truth, mommy told them they were special and could do no wrong and now look at the mess.
Bunch of absorbed self-entitled dumasses who can't think for themselves.
Pages:
Jump to: