Pages:
Author

Topic: My MtGox account hacked... Lost $60,000... :'( - page 3. (Read 3000 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
sad to hear your loss. you should had put that much money in one place online. Its too risky.
Activity: 308
Merit: 253
I think creating an altcoin that has real purpose is the best way to bounce back from something like this
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)
What do you guys think of Google Authenticator?
Activity: 5
You should have 2FA enabled, and for 60K USD, you should have store it offline.
Activity: 41
I will install these later. because i think i will do a complete format first.

Im even considering running a VMware client and using only VM to trade in the future with 2 factor authentication. then power down the VM everytime im done.

Get Avast free edition for live protection, Malwarebytes for strong scanning detection. Both free Wink .

I wonder if its possible that Mt Gox got hacked? Did you ever log on from a computer other than your own?
I hope you hear from them..

I have only logged in from my home PC and occasionally work PC which should be fairly secure.

I check my google logs and found that the IP address from the suspect locations logging in were all TOR exit routers...

Even though it shows it was in The Netherlands, the hacks maybe Russian because they traded with RUB?

Oh wow, Did you by chance also have a BTC-e account with the same password access?
I do not trust BTC-e at all(I have been posting about them all day today- whatever you do, don't switch to them!)
Activity: 12
I will install these later. because i think i will do a complete format first.

Im even considering running a VMware client and using only VM to trade in the future with 2 factor authentication. then power down the VM everytime im done.

Get Avast free edition for live protection, Malwarebytes for strong scanning detection. Both free Wink .

I wonder if its possible that Mt Gox got hacked? Did you ever log on from a computer other than your own?

I have only logged in from my home PC and occasionally work PC which should be fairly secure.

I check my google logs and found that the IP address from the suspect locations logging in were all TOR exit routers...

Even though it shows it was in The Netherlands, the hacks maybe Russian because they traded with RUB?
I noticed i had issues logging in yesterday, when it kept telling my password was incorrect. I started getting really suspicious when i tried to reset the password, it would not give me an email to reset it.

I checked my gmail mail and found it had been access from The Netherlands... (I'm from Australia)

this happened in less them 24 hours... in that time I sent Mtgox 4 emails desperately trying to get them to suspend my account. But im so freaking angry that i still have not heard back from them. Are my BTC gone forever?

I have a ton of transactions in RUB currency?

I'm just devastated right now...
Activity: 42
Activity: 533
I even dont think SMS as two factor authorization is good enought if your smartphone get compromised as well
Activity: 56
Well, now you know why 2 factor auth is so important
Activity: 9
woah if this is true then youre fucked.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I am so sorry to hear about this.

Judging by what happened to you I think the best thing for any one holding an amount of currency beyond a few thousand is to transfer it on to their PC/Laptop and make sure it is secure.

This is tragic, to lose $60000 after all the hard work you put in is just so heartbreaking. At least you can file a report with the police and see what happens next.
Awful! Im so sorry, I hope they can do something for you!
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
Would be just booting Ubuntu live CD to access exchange more secure than windows, or not at all ?
Activity: 4
ouch srry to hear that
Activity: 518
For big amount of bitcoins I would buy a separate pc, never go online with him and create paper wallets...

Only really secure way...
Activity: 4
Sick
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
Aww. Its better to hold the coins etc in you pc or Paper man. yes, scan it using antivirus or Format it if possible.
Activity: 602
R.I.P Silk Road 1.0
Wow! Honestly you shouldn't even be holding that much money online. Unless you're a billionaire and won't give two shits if you lose it.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I'd say get a new one honestly. All you really need is a RasberryPi and 3 ASICs on a usb cable attached to it. Did you seriously have 60k in an account and it was as secure as your Runescape account 10 years ago /facepalm  Try to be much more careful is the lesson from now on, because MtGox won't do anything.
Pages:
Jump to: