Pages:
Author

Topic: My MtGox account hacked... Lost $60,000... :'( - page 4. (Read 3000 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Im just wondering how they got me... im usually pretty careful with virus and phising scam things.

what you you guys recommend i scan my PC with for possible threats?

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin
That really sucks dude! Hope you here from Mt. Gox soon..
Mtgox can't and won't do anything, all they will tell you to do is file a police report.
Activity: 238
Merit: 109
im a noob, who made a noob mistake... very very silly mistake
im still trying to work out how to use the 2 fact auth

I've gone and changed all my passwords now

im looking at the Yubikey and software authenticators now

You'd want a fully offline device for any serious authentication.
legendary
Activity: 1330
dafar consulting
Can someone kindly explain how to do 2 factor authentication?
Activity: 3
Unfortunately a lot of people are phishing these days. They will get you to visit a webpage or download a file that will silently put a worm on your computer that will steal your passwords, information, and even sometimes your wallet.

Always enable two-step verification for all your accounts, and make sure you have notifications turned on. I run a custom firewall on my mining hub laptop, and I have an antivirus as well as I don't visit many webpages with it.
Activity: 85
Merit: 11
That really sucks dude! Hope you here from Mt. Gox soon..
im a noob, who made a noob mistake... very very silly mistake
im still trying to work out how to use the 2 fact auth

I've gone and changed all my passwords now

im looking at the Yubikey and software authenticators now
Activity: 189
Merit: 10
Likely got phished.  Been through the experience and it wasn't pleasant.  This is still the wild wild west.  Mt Gox is not easily hackable any more after it went through it's own security breached over a year ago or so.  The lesson is to get a Yubi key if that's what they are still using.  I.e. 2-way authentication.
Activity: 593
Merit: 505
Wherever I may roam
Did you have the same password for both Gmail and Gox?
Activity: 927
฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin
Why didn't you use two factor authentication to secure your account?
I noticed i had issues logging in yesterday, when it kept telling my password was incorrect. I started getting really suspicious when i tried to reset the password, it would not give me an email to reset it.

I checked my gmail mail and found it had been access from The Netherlands... (I'm from Australia)

this happened in less them 24 hours... in that time I sent Mtgox 4 emails desperately trying to get them to suspend my account. But im so freaking angry that i still have not heard back from them. Are my BTC gone forever?

I have a ton of transactions in RUB currency?

I'm just devastated right now...
Pages:
Jump to: