Pages:
Author

Topic: My new trading strategy, what's yours? - page 6. (Read 710 times)

Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
January 29, 2018, 04:22:53 PM
Buying and holding coins is not as profitable as it was used to be.
Thus, I decided to be working and investing in promising ICOs.
Once the ICO is over I normally sell all the coins/tokens.

I recently discovered, few weeks after the ICO the value of coins/tokens normally drop by a minimum of 30% - so that is my entry level again.
Meaning once I noticed that, I'll just go ahead and rebuy the same coins/tokens at cheaper rates. By doing that, I can make lots of profits.
Share with us what you think about my latest strategy, thanks Smiley

Common strategy but yet its effective because we can do secure out profits once coins being listed on exchanges and do already gained some value. If we are on investors side then we would normally think off on securing our profits no matter how small it is as long we do gain then it should be fine.Coin prices do normally dump out when its newly listed because these times are profit taking times together with bounty dumpers then these kind of scene do normally happen.
Activity: 353
Merit: 100
January 29, 2018, 04:17:36 PM

I recently discovered, few weeks after the ICO the value of coins/tokens normally drop by a minimum of 30% - so that is my entry level again.
Meaning once I noticed that, I'll just go ahead and rebuy the same coins/tokens at cheaper rates. By doing that, I can make lots of profits.

Actually it is really profitable to invest in ICOs because you can take advantage of their promos. However, not all ICOs are legit and successful even after successful ICOs. For a project to be successful after ICO, it should have a team who is continuously developing the project and actively marketing the project. 
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
January 29, 2018, 03:09:32 PM

Seems like a good strategy, but it might not always work. the token you buy might keep on going up and never drop. what's your plan if it happens?
i still believe hodling will give good profit over time, buy and hodl is a good strategy(at least it is to me).
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!
January 29, 2018, 01:01:57 PM

Yes you are almost right and the trading technique which you are referring is something we called positive averaging and yes it's a good technique but you should be using it with strict stop loss because while buying when the coin is dropped minimum of 30% is not a good idea for short term trading it can be used in investing because there in investing you have time period in hands where you can hold for few months but here in trading you can't hold if the prices goes on decreasing along with valuation which is all because of change in trend and momentum.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284
January 29, 2018, 12:12:07 PM

Pages:
Jump to: