Pages:
Author

Topic: My view on faucets and earning bitcoins in general - page 2. (Read 3272 times)

Activity: 614
Merit: 500
Many people considers the faucets payment "free", but indeed they are not.
You need to spend time on them, while you could have spent your time on other stuff (eg. earn bitcoin in a sig program, learn more about coding, watch a show to get some fun, etc).
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
'Slow and steady wins the race'
In my experience faucets are good for users trying to understand how Bitcoin works. Many sites give good information about Bitcoin. If you earn enough to get a payout from a faucet then you can see a transaction on the blockchain that has coins going to your address.

You are correct to say that now faucets are profit focused now. Most faucets have several (usually 10+) banner ads and often the captcha never works the first attempt. The amount that faucets payout amounts to a very low wage even when compared to third world countries.

MOD NOTE:
Referral portion of links removed

Referring others to faucet sites can potentially be more profitable if you can get enough people to sign up under you.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260
Go to primedice, get the free 250 satoshi that they will give you every minute that your account is 0.
Bet it all at 5% chance, if you lose, get another free 250.
Once you do hit, bet it all again at 30% chance, and another time all at .30% chance.
Then deposit a small amount after it confirms you can bring it all home.
Takes a while to get 3 low chance hits in a row like that but it's much more than a week of faucets.
A friend told me this, I've never personally tried it.  Cheesy

For the math-challenged, this method will earn about $0.09 per hour on average. You are much better off with a minimum-wage job.

If you bet 250 satoshis once per minute on the 5% bet, you will win about 5000 every 20 minutes, on average. 5000 satoshis is worth about $0.03.

If you always make the subsequent 30% bet, then you will win about 0.00017 BTC every hour, on average. 0.00017 BTC is worth about $0.09.

If you alway make the final 0.3% bet, then you will win about 0.06 BTC (about $40) every 15 days of constant betting, night and day, on average.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Currently there are almost no faucets over there, and mining is difficult so i think that the best way to get into the bitcoin train is just to buy, the most secure way to do it is in an exchange, you can try ANXPRO , hong kong based and currently we dont have any fees for deposits including wire transfers.

ANXPRO
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Go to primedice, get the free 250 satoshi that they will give you every minute that your account is 0.

Bet it all at 5% chance, if you lose, get another free 250.

Once you do hit, bet it all again at 30% chance, and another time all at .30% chance.

Then deposit a small amount after it confirms you can bring it all home.

Takes a while to get 3 low chance hits in a row like that but it's much more than a week of faucets.

A friend told me this, I've never personally tried it.  Cheesy
Activity: 644
i think btcclicks more profitable than coinad if you have many referrals sign up under your link
btclicks offer 80% from you referral, coinad only 15-20%
how much money pays BTCCLICK for one click .if I have 100 referrals under my referral link how much money I will earn in a day . will it possible to earn $30 worth of BTC in a day . and how much time will need to spend on clicks.
50-150 satoshi per click depending ads duration
i don't have any fix calculation for that
no you won't, with 100 referrals i think you can earn 0.005 BTC / month, far from $30
i don't click ads, my balance just from referral clicks
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
i think btcclicks more profitable than coinad if you have many referrals sign up under your link
how much money pays BTCCLICK for one click .if I have 100 referrals under my referral link how much money I will earn in a day . will it possible to earn $30 worth of BTC in a day . and how much time will need to spend on clicks.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I wish I was around for when they gave whole bitcoins out. That wouldve been awesome.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
I used to use them, when they gave you .1-.07BTC. Kind of profitable, than. But then I just had to lose most of them in my old wallet.

Hey, u got 0.1 BTC from some faucet ? That must be around 2011 right ? So u r into Bitcoin since then ? So u r a millionaire now... is not it ?
I used to use them, when they gave you .1-.07BTC. Kind of profitable, than. But then I just had to lose most of them in my old wallet.
legendary
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
I remember when Gavin ran his fauset and gave out a reasonable amount of bitcoin. People did abuse it, but I can say for myself that it was the first btc I ever had.

If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath expecting modern faucets to ever come close to the generosity of the older ones. Like you said, they're just a business now like any other.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I did faucets for 3 months daily.. that way i got smtng like 0.01 btc and with that "earning" i played a bit with altcurrencyexchanges..

Some people do faucets to get "free money" so they can play with ponzies with no risk (except losing some minutes wasting life)

Now i'm having break from faucets but i still have some pages bookmarked.. I didn't market much but i got some referals.. maybe i'll gear it up a bit when i start being active about them.. because i know some dudes that have like 50 referals and they actually earn something daily

Now i focus on something that is now worth my time.. when that is done i have more time for faucets (next project seems to be more leanback)
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
World Class Cryptonaire
If you guys are looking to make some free satoshi's check out this forum post here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/geekcipher-bitcoin-and-gaming-forums-free-bitcoins-639353

I just created a forum in regards to bitcoin and gaming and EACH post, thread and reply is worth 2,000 Satoshi's. Payments are made after you collect 100,000 Satoshi's.

http://forums.geekcipher.com/showthread.php?tid=2&pid=6

Enjoy  Smiley
legendary
Even a dryed faucet has visitors, I don't count the number of times I entered a captcha and the site told me after that there is no Bitcoins available.

So, will u go back to that faucet again ? No right !!! ....that makes their ad revenue to decline and ultimately they vanish...
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Even a dryed faucet has visitors, I don't count the number of times I entered a captcha and the site told me after that there is no Bitcoins available.
Activity: 329
Merit: 251
Yeah there are a lot dried up these days.
I suppose their owners just don't care. They made the faucet's setup and then just waited for ad's money.

The worst part is that they probably have more profit if they just let the dry faucet online.

Not really... ad money does not come when there is no visitor on site. When the faucets first came into existence, those used to distribute CPU mined coins so that people use it and thereby increase the value of faucet owner's coins. But the scenario is no more the same now. Common fauces with a page load of ads are not giving any value to the advertiser. Those who are adding some value to their faucets except for just spreading coins will stay in the game for the long run...
Pages:
Jump to: