Pages:
Author

Topic: My Views on When to Sell - page 2. (Read 683 times)

copper member
Activity: 77
Merit: 1
September 26, 2018, 10:04:06 AM
I like the graphic you've put together. It has some basics of markets for beginners. However, this is not a complete sell strategy, just guidelines for market behavior. I can see this graphic being helpful for new traders, or those who do not understand the market.

Please continue to create this kind of content. I will look out for it. It can be helpful in teaching those brand new to cryptocurrency.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
September 26, 2018, 10:00:53 AM
On selling the coins the community itself had their own reason why they sell, other's do it because they want profit only especially if the coins was gained into bounty campaign, most of them don't know about trading in the market, but for the deep traders they sell when it is already necessary to do it. But all of it of course are still depend on the individuals.

It is too late to sell the cryptos. I am sure that if we stay patient and forget for some time about the market fall, it will be the best choice. I am sure, tokens and BTC will gain this year.
Just think of our investment where freeze at this point in time and wait till December and see what we can do, whether to sell it already and identify if we see potential growth in it, its best to do in top alts, checked whether your coins can make it till December.
Activity: 64
Merit: 2
September 26, 2018, 09:11:05 AM
I know my fellow traders have experienced their "what ifs" moments. It's always a good opportunity to sell when your altcoins are rising in value or even better when it is on the bull run but because there are no limit on what they can reach, we tend to become very greedy. That is why my strategy is to always sell 70% on that kind of situation.
These are the rules of trading that when the price go up sell you holdings and when the price goes down buy more. Trading is a business and every trader wants to make money from his investment. it is the common way to take decision about your coins. There is no need to be panic too much and asking here and there what to do next. Be bold and patient.
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
September 25, 2018, 11:35:31 AM
On selling the coins the community itself had their own reason why they sell, other's do it because they want profit only especially if the coins was gained into bounty campaign, most of them don't know about trading in the market, but for the deep traders they sell when it is already necessary to do it. But all of it of course are still depend on the individuals.

It is too late to sell the cryptos. I am sure that if we stay patient and forget for some time about the market fall, it will be the best choice. I am sure, tokens and BTC will gain this year.
Activity: 627
Merit: 103
September 25, 2018, 11:31:31 AM
Such a wonderful explanation! This thread will be very helpful for every traders and holder. But we can't go through the rules all the time. Because sometimes people got panic! Sometimes we have to sell in lose or in a less profit zone. Because of Money needs. Crypto doesn't follow any rules actually! If you go through rules always then you can't make good things in crypto!
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
September 25, 2018, 11:01:46 AM
Activity: 456
Merit: 100
September 24, 2018, 10:54:55 PM
This trading strategy in crypto sounds easy, but it's not that simple. Selling coins can be done when prices are high, that's an opportunity we can take to get a profit. And no one can really predict the bull market in the crypto market.

Well, you can also sell once you see barish signals. This is also a good approach.

Maybe for some it's simple but a beginner can't distinguish this and only his intuition can save him from this, neither losing or take profit.
I like how OP illustrate the graph however this movement is hard and rarely to be seen and sometimes can be confusing if it's the one we're waiting. And his graph is more suitable in mid to long term trading.

Most of you that look at crypto thinks that this is just a way for earning money, you will see in few years how wrong you are. You can sell when price rise, you can trade as long as you wish, but do you know what you really want? Answer is clear, most of you wish more money, and that`s the crypto problem, nobody thinks about the future and actually using crypto directly, most of you just think about making more money, fiat money to be precise. Why to sell at all if you don`t need the money? When I sell I`m doing that because I need money, or when I`m thinking that price will drop more so I will be able to buy more coins, my goal is only one, having more coins.

What's wrong in taking profit? Isn't trading is all about? We sell and take profit if we see it fit and that's how trading works, IMO. Not because we sell, we didn't think for the future, c'mon don't be ridiculous. Trading somehow made the market more organic and active and if we all just gonna hold what will be the market looks like? I know holding is also essential but it's still depend on a coin because there are coins that's more profitable when you trade them for short or mid term trading. What's the point of having more coins if you didn't gain anything? Don't get me wrong, I'm just more practical. Peace yow.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
September 24, 2018, 01:18:38 PM
This trading strategy in crypto sounds easy, but it's not that simple. Selling coins can be done when prices are high, that's an opportunity we can take to get a profit. And no one can really predict the bull market in the crypto market.

Well, you can also sell once you see barish signals. This is also a good approach.

Maybe for some it's simple but a beginner can't distinguish this and only his intuition can save him from this, neither losing or take profit.
I like how OP illustrate the graph however this movement is hard and rarely to be seen and sometimes can be confusing if it's the one we're waiting. And his graph is more suitable in mid to long term trading.

Most of you that look at crypto thinks that this is just a way for earning money, you will see in few years how wrong you are. You can sell when price rise, you can trade as long as you wish, but do you know what you really want? Answer is clear, most of you wish more money, and that`s the crypto problem, nobody thinks about the future and actually using crypto directly, most of you just think about making more money, fiat money to be precise. Why to sell at all if you don`t need the money? When I sell I`m doing that because I need money, or when I`m thinking that price will drop more so I will be able to buy more coins, my goal is only one, having more coins.
Activity: 456
September 24, 2018, 12:55:38 PM

Activity: 630
Merit: 20
September 24, 2018, 08:09:16 AM
They are called "timing" for everything. Though, selling right away without further basis used like indicators will surely make your trading uncontrolled and will be utterly regretful. But of course, setting up profit percentage is also a big help and act as a sign to atleast gain profits.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
September 24, 2018, 02:36:55 AM
the main essence of traders is to have different options for entry and exit in advance, until the moment when you entered the market. after all, the strategy you do not have to guess, you just have to cover your losses-profit
Activity: 57
Merit: 2
September 24, 2018, 02:29:13 AM
In my opinion, only long-term holdings and instant selling of two options, when I start long-term holdings, I will not pay attention to market trends, and when I trade every day, I will not hesitate to sell!
Long term holding is not for traders because they will have to trade for making money. Long term investment is for those who have no experience of trading or they do not have time for trading. They can only buy and hold their coins for long time and when they realize that the price is quite good now and they can make money while selling their coins then they should sell their coins.
Activity: 476
September 23, 2018, 11:30:46 PM
I know my fellow traders have experienced their "what ifs" moments. It's always a good opportunity to sell when your altcoins are rising in value or even better when it is on the bull run but because there are no limit on what they can reach, we tend to become very greedy. That is why my strategy is to always sell 70% on that kind of situation.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 300
September 23, 2018, 11:05:40 PM
In my view, if you want to sell coins, you should see the price movement first, if the price tends to decrease very badly, that's where the best place to buy, then 30% price movement will rise again. then that's the right time to sell the coin.
Well selling is always depend on the current price of the bitcoin, if the price is low, normally the people will do buying and holding bit if the price is high most of the people around crypto will do selling. Because we can really gain a huge amount of profit if we are going to put basis on the price. I believe that the price of the bitcoin is always unstable and if we don't put basis on price maybe we will lose.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
September 23, 2018, 08:40:10 PM
In my view, if you want to sell coins, you should see the price movement first, if the price tends to decrease very badly, that's where the best place to buy, then 30% price movement will rise again. then that's the right time to sell the coin.
copper member
Activity: 269
Merit: 0
September 23, 2018, 08:26:11 PM
  All of course want to sell coins in a higher price but it always difficult to predict when it will goes high and down. Every people has its own and different strategy on when to sell and avoid loses but we can't make it properly sometimes we need to sell coins even in a lower price because we need money badly. Thats why sometimes i didn't look at when the price go higher,all i have to do is holding and just sell if needed.
That is what also i am doing, hold and when need of money arises, sell. But as long as i can hold i will until their is a rise on value and if i will profit of it at least 10% then i will sell.
Activity: 909
Merit: 17
www.cd3d.app
September 23, 2018, 07:47:49 PM
  All of course want to sell coins in a higher price but it always difficult to predict when it will goes high and down. Every people has its own and different strategy on when to sell and avoid loses but we can't make it properly sometimes we need to sell coins even in a lower price because we need money badly. Thats why sometimes i didn't look at when the price go higher,all i have to do is holding and just sell if needed.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 273
September 23, 2018, 06:36:38 PM

First Iam fasinated with your art work and for a fact that making not is not easy when yoy are a newbie, also a tip you can use your works/portfolio here and find a sideline to work on it is easy if you already know your art.

Also same as trading it is easy if you know that the running hole if you know what you will do with you problem and a job or work that you are familiar with like trading for example. If you know how it works it can help to know and get more money also learning more and learning from past failed trading can help you more in the future.
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲
September 23, 2018, 06:07:25 PM
there are times when we have to do a cut-loss to avoid losses with a larger amount, at least we can use it in the future. no matter long-ter or scalping.
when I get a profit, in my opinion right then we have to sell it. of course at the beginning when we got the price for trading, it was not because of FOMO because the price to rise much higher after it also still had a very small chance which means high risk.
Activity: 471
Merit: 102
September 23, 2018, 05:47:47 PM
It is hard to maintain the selling zone. Sometimes we sell at the low price and after a few days or months, price increases! That's why I stopped thinking about the price ups and downs! If I need money then I will not go back from selling my long holding coins! Though I like your views, but we can't make the right choice every time, sometimes we fail!
Pages:
Jump to: