Pages:
Author

Topic: MyBitAlert - Alerts when there is a price change [Email Alerts now ACTIVE] - page 2. (Read 3431 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I do really like the aesthetic of the UI, but I'm also a little bit confused initially by the usage of the "Activate Alert" buttons on the right side.  Are these set up so that you can do custom percentage increases in those time frames and then send alerts based on that?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
TL;DR: Wanted a tool to help myself (a total daytrader noob) to see what is really going on in various markets. Made a crappy graph that provided a ton of insight. Made money daytrading. Got p*ssed that I missed some great opportunites. "I need alerts" I shouted in frustration. Busy slapping toghther a project. Not finished yet, but already the data is really useful. Data can be read by a 7 year old. Soon you'll be able to get alerts on your phone where there is a price change.

www.mybitalert.com

==============

Hey guys

A few months ago I minded some litecoins. 2 to be exact. I really wanted to make that money work and decided to transfer it to BTC-E (I know, I know). I did that because they have all sorts of coins and I figured THERE HAD TO BE OPPORTUNITY THERE!

Looking at their interface you could not really see what was going on unless you had the brain of an elephant. I wasn't concerned about prices, I wanted to know percentages. To me it didn't matter what coin I own, I wanted to buy low and sell when the percentage increased above 1% or more. 1% a day is 365% a year, which is not bad.

Here's my original crappy graph:

http://www.mybitalert.com/img/example17.png

Just from that one graph I could very quickly see exactly where there were big price jumps, something you could not pick up by just looking at prices. I learned from this (and countless other graphs, just like this) that you could play the bots. They also look out for drops in the market and it is usually followed by a big jump.

But I missed a few great opportunities. Big jumps of sometimes 8, 9%. I needed some sort of alerts via mail, sms, twitter, whatever.

So I started building it for myself and it turned out to be a pretty great marketable product. It is not finished yet, but I figured I might as well share what I have right now. I don't have candlesticks, I don't have fancy spread graphs since there are already more than enough sites showing just that. My graphs should be seen by a 7 year old, and they should understand it.

http://www.mybitalert.com/img/MyBitAlertMTGOX.png

Not much happening over at MtGox. There was a 2.7% increase in 7 days which is not bad considering most banks offer 2% a year.

http://www.mybitalert.com/img/MyBitAlertLitecoin.png

Poor litecoin took a real beating this week.

I'll be 100% honest in that I want to make some coins off this. Mining is not an option and getting coins are basically impossible. I want to charge a very reasonable monthly price for premium "on the spot" alerts. But I also want free 15 minute delayed alerts for anyone that signs up.

The only thing that can never be free will be SMS alerts, as I obviously need to pay some global network per SMS.

Otherwise, let me know what you guys think. The link is in my signare. Initial thoughts? Suggestions? Your feedback would be appreciated.

Pages:
Jump to: