Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 77. (Read 586242 times)

Activity: 707
Merit: 500
September 23, 2014, 08:05:20 PM
When entering the words, autocomplete suggestions are shown, based on the list of possible words. Just select the matching one.
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
September 23, 2014, 12:20:39 PM
HELP  Grin

Something I encountered today on the 2.0 RC1 version.

I tried to make a backup. Wrote down the seed words and was asked to enter word 1 of 12. I entered the word and nothing. Pressed 'Done' on the keyboard and still nothing.

Tried to enter all the words but same result. So not sure whether this option has been 'replaced' with the 'Secure My Funds'.

I did try the 'Secure My Funds' but cannot go through that at present as I still have my old key and I'm waiting for a payment on it before moving everything to the HD wallet.

September 23, 2014, 02:49:48 AM
When you go to the Keys tab, is there a key icon next to the address you are trying to send from? If not, you have probably scanned the address from your backup instead of the private key.
Does the correct balance show on the main screen?
In which way do you try to send? Do you hit send, use clipboard, just scan with the scan button, use the cold storage functionality?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
September 23, 2014, 01:11:39 AM
Problem:

I'm trying to send 0.00619512 BTC. I have 0.28831103 BTC. Mycelium tells me I have "insufficient funds."  Huh

Make sure the funds have more than 0 confirmations (swipe to the right and check that the topmost transaction has some confirmations), and that you are not spending from a watch only address.

2 transactions. One with 5200 confirmations, one with 14477.

What's a watch only address? I have one address set as the main address. I loaded it in from a backup.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
September 23, 2014, 01:05:17 AM
Problem:

I'm trying to send 0.00619512 BTC. I have 0.28831103 BTC. Mycelium tells me I have "insufficient funds."  Huh

Make sure the funds have more than 0 confirmations (swipe to the right and check that the topmost transaction has some confirmations), and that you are not spending from a watch only address.
Activity: 3
September 23, 2014, 12:26:53 AM
Problem:

I'm trying to send 0.00619512 BTC. I have 0.28831103 BTC. Mycelium tells me I have "insufficient funds."  Huh
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
September 22, 2014, 04:40:58 PM
Your post just made my day...  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
September 22, 2014, 03:55:59 PM
Mycelium 2.0 RC1 has been pushed to the play store for everyone in the beta channel, and will be available for upgrade in an hour or two.
Please give us feedback over the next week so we can improve before the global launch.

New Features
 - Support for BIP32/BIP44 compliant HD accounts based on a single master seed
 - Setter security through one-time wordlist-backup (BIP39)
 - Better anonymity, no more address reuse
 - Ability to label transactions
 - Create transactions with poor or no internet connectivity for later broadcasting
 - No more restrictions to the number of watch only addresses

More info here https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JanM%C3%B8ller/posts/bF7yhyDHTfW

P.S. To be eligible for testing you need to join the g+ group at https://plus.google.com/communities/102264813364583686576  After joining, you need to explicitly enable beta versions for the software at https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.mycelium.wallet
msx
Activity: 5
September 22, 2014, 01:29:45 PM
Yes, the QtQR code includes a zero-width non-breaking space as first character, I made a fix to remove this character from scan results if necessary.
It works now for me, and will work for you with the next release as well Smiley

Some text editors (notably, Notepad under Windows, but I guess Linux might have that kind of thing too) insert BOM characters into text files to indicate that the content is in unicode, type of unicode encoding, byte order etc.

I imagine it can be entirely possible that it was not QtQR who inserted that BOM (zero-width space).

I wouldn't include a fix for that.  What if next thing someone types a URI in MS Word?
legendary
Activity: 1039
Merit: 1005
September 22, 2014, 10:33:01 AM
Yes, the QtQR code includes a zero-width non-breaking space as first character, I made a fix to remove this character from scan results if necessary.

Sounds like the generated QR code is slightly non-spec-compliant. It should contain only the URL characters, not invisible spaces or other weird stuff.
Of course, handling off-spec data robustly is good, but you can only work around so many errors...

Onkel Paul
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
September 22, 2014, 06:56:15 AM

Great! Thank you!
September 22, 2014, 06:26:49 AM
legendary
September 22, 2014, 05:27:06 AM
[...] Could you maybe provide the QR code which causes the error (link, or send to [email protected])?

Sure, should have thought of that :-/

Output from QtQR that does not work:

http://i59.tinypic.com/72ftzr.png

This is what it looks like in Mycelium:

http://i59.tinypic.com/111p0yv.png

When I scan these with the Barcode Scanner app, they both return the same string. The upper has low error correction and the Mycelium one has medium error correction, but other than that I can not spot a difference.

As far as I can tell QtQR uses this to encode: https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~david4dev/qr-code-creator/trunk/view/head:/qr.py
September 22, 2014, 04:29:47 AM
I remember we had some errors with tools putting byte order marks into strings when generating QR codes, could be something like that. (Though the case where we got to know about it, we made sure to read those anyway.) There is nothing wrong with the address, if I turn that into a QR code with Wolfram Alpha, I can perfectly scan it with mycelium. Could you maybe provide the QR code which causes the error (link, or send to [email protected])?
legendary
September 22, 2014, 02:02:22 AM
This question is sort of off topic as I don't think the problem is with Mycelium, but maybe you can offer some insight.

If I scan a bitcoin address from Mycelium using QtQR (a QR code reader / generator for Linux) I get as expected for example:
bitcoin:1KYk5DezaCQKui6RrqLPhBqS6PdSAgRpeB

If I have QtQR encoding the exact same string (as "text") and scan from Mycelium, I get an error "Unrecognized format". The codes also differ visually, but that could be due to different error correction.

Or is there something else that needs to be added (uri=)?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 17, 2014, 04:56:00 PM
thanks guys,

so as for my queries, is this going to effect the way I transact now as well as transact from my cold storage, I really do not want to mess around with different change addresses, I just do not want to know about it and I want to use the same address as I do now. I also want to keep 1 Cold Storage backup and not keep changing my backup every single time I make a simple transaction from it.

Trust me, you are definitely gonna want to switch to the HD wallet once you get used to it. It is comparable to using an old rotary telephone, when a Samsung galaxy note 4 is available for you to use.
Activity: 22
September 17, 2014, 12:05:07 PM
Thanks for your reply Jan.
Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
September 17, 2014, 12:02:10 PM
I realise that one of the “philosophies” behind the Mycelium 2.0 wallet is to take users away from managing addresses. The UI as it stands basically requires users to use receiving addresses in sequence as they are offered up.

However, with the availability of BIP32/39/44 key/address generators, it is easy to generate forward addresses online/offline using our 12 word mnemonic code with or without password. For a particular Account, a user might want to generate receiving addresses, say, 1 to 10 and give them out to one party who is going to make regular payments to him. I have tried simulating something like this with the testnet version and everything seems fine.

1) Are there any issues with using 2.0 in this way?
2) Could future versions of Mycelium offer the option to generate forward addresses within the application?
3) How far out in a chain, over unused addresses, does 2.0 scan to look for funds?

1. No issues. This is perfectly fine.
2. Yes
3. We scan 20 address ahead on the external chain to comply with account lookahead discovery as dictated by BIP44
Activity: 22
September 17, 2014, 11:54:14 AM
I realise that one of the “philosophies” behind the Mycelium 2.0 wallet is to take users away from managing addresses. The UI as it stands basically requires users to use receiving addresses in sequence as they are offered up.

However, with the availability of BIP32/39/44 key/address generators, it is easy to generate forward addresses online/offline using our 12 word mnemonic code with or without password. For a particular Account, a user might want to generate receiving addresses, say, 1 to 10 and give them out to one party who is going to make regular payments to him. I have tried simulating something like this with the testnet version and everything seems fine.

1) Are there any issues with using 2.0 in this way?
2) Could future versions of Mycelium offer the option to generate forward addresses within the application?
3) How far out in a chain, over unused addresses, does 2.0 scan to look for funds?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
September 17, 2014, 10:19:11 AM
great I now understand it all, If I want to use the old way, simply goto bitcoinaddress.org create a standard address make a backup , then import it into mycelium AWESOME.

AHHH so this is how i get test coins I was wondering how to get these coins as I do have the testnet installed on my s5

------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way the NFC chip offline signing is an awesome idea, you may like to check this out

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sigsafe-a-nfc-key-tag-for-signing-bitcoin-transactions-610453
Pages:
Jump to: