Pages:
Author

Topic: Mycelium Bitcoin Wallet - page 72. (Read 586242 times)

Activity: 707
Merit: 500
October 29, 2014, 02:23:53 PM
When we implement support to generate more receiving addresses, we will of course adjust the lookahead accordingly. At the moment it's 2 for synchronizing and 20 for discovery (like when importing or activating an archived account).
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
October 29, 2014, 01:46:00 PM
With the latest version, if I have given someone the displayed receiving address how do I get another address for payments before a transaction has been sent to it?

It shouldn't be a problem to receive more than one payment to that same address, since all your old addresses are monitored for payments. There might also be an issue that, since HD wallet addresses are generated sequentially, the wallet scans each address to see if it's empty, and if it is, assumes that it was the last one used and doesn't scan for any new ones (we scan 2 ahead). So there may be an issue where, for example, you give three people an address to send to, each one having a new address, and the first two people don't send anything. Since those addresses will be empty, the wallet will think that it's the end of the used addresses and that there are no payments to any later addresses, and the third person's payment (or any after it) will not show up. Only way to get around that is to scan ahead for even more addresses, and/or limit the amount of empty addresses you can generate. But as I said, there shouldn't be a problem with two people sending to the same address.
Should we manage to implement stealth address payments, this won't be a problem anyway.
October 28, 2014, 05:54:05 AM
With the latest version, if I have given someone the displayed receiving address how do I get another address for payments before a transaction has been sent to it?

Currently thats not possible - but its on our list!
There will be an option to show multiple unused receiving addresses eventually.
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
October 27, 2014, 10:49:25 PM
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
October 21, 2014, 07:56:19 AM
Hi JAN,

i recon you can destroy apple pay easily, by enabling our BTC wallets to use the NFC function, diamondcircle in Australia have combined NFC and BTC debit card - Tap & pay directly with bitcoin, Now we can make this feature in the Mycellium wallet and utilize the NFC which is in MOST new androids.

hopefully NFC this is still on the cards, it would be next gen shit 4sure -- MYCELLIUM & NFC working together!? pwoahh!!!. Possibly with Peter.R and Sigsafe, now that would b cool

1st - Maybe future-wise Mycellium can make payments directly with merchants with NFC terminals - SEE diamondcircle.net (they already utilized NFC with a BTC debit card no 3rd party, only you +(debit card) + the NFC reader which costs $99) Only you have access to the Private key for the debit card. I actually have one of these in my wallet but no where to use it yet Smiley

2nd - there is another little tool which u know about (SIGSAFE) specifically for offline signing with a new mycellium feature, this could be for the more secure payment  I guess there are other use cases which we can think off down the road.

I really hope this happens

Andrew.H
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
October 21, 2014, 04:24:17 AM
In case the problem with a transaction not showing happens again, could you please mail the transaction hash to [email protected] once you encounter the error? (We will see the mail faster then we see posts here.) We can then check whether there is anything strange in our servers concerning that specific transaction. Smiley

Sure
October 21, 2014, 04:02:16 AM
Are you sure your device had a working internet connection?
Did you do some funky stuff with the same master seed on multiple devices?
(we just recently fixed a bug for that scenario, where balance and transaction history would not update correctly)

Hi, sorry for the delayed response. No funky stuff at all. As the BTC price was updating, I must have had a connection.

I understand the ASUS phone I am using has a heavily customized UI. As I’m no expert, I was thinking that might be the cause of this problem, as well as the issue I previously reported where the top bar of the Accounts page disappears sometimes. (The disappearing top bar issue is easily remedied by forcing a refresh by rotating the phone.)

In case the problem with a transaction not showing happens again, could you please mail the transaction hash to [email protected] once you encounter the error? (We will see the mail faster then we see posts here.) We can then check whether there is anything strange in our servers concerning that specific transaction. Smiley
October 20, 2014, 11:16:02 PM
(we just recently fixed a bug for that scenario, where balance and transaction history would not update correctly)

Hi, sorry for the delayed response. No funky stuff at all. As the BTC price was updating, I must have had a connection.

I understand the ASUS phone I am using has a heavily customized UI. As I’m no expert, I was thinking that might be the cause of this problem, as well as the issue I previously reported where the top bar of the Accounts page disappears sometimes. (The disappearing top bar issue is easily remedied by forcing a refresh by rotating the phone.)
October 20, 2014, 05:08:21 AM
I too have not experienced any such delay before. So I guess you must be right. My tired, old eyes are starting to play tricks with me.

October 20, 2014, 05:05:16 AM
It seems like an incoming transaction showed up in my Mycelium 2.0 only after about 20 confirmations (about 3.5 hours delay). Is this possible? I’m pretty sure I was looking at the right account.

You must have looked at the wrong account. I usually see transactions the moment they are sent. Have not experienced any delays except of course for the confirmations.

I too have not experienced any such delay before. So I guess you must be right. My tired, old eyes are starting to play tricks with me.
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
October 20, 2014, 04:51:30 AM
It seems like an incoming transaction showed up in my Mycelium 2.0 only after about 20 confirmations (about 3.5 hours delay). Is this possible? I’m pretty sure I was looking at the right account.

You must have looked at the wrong account. I usually see transactions the moment they are sent. Have not experienced any delays except of course for the confirmations.
October 20, 2014, 04:40:47 AM
October 18, 2014, 07:50:31 PM
Will you ever add the support of other dictionaries (other language) for the creation of the master seed?

Probably, as they get standardized.
We have code in place to do so ☺
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1208
I support freedom of choice
October 18, 2014, 01:34:32 PM
Will you ever add the support of other dictionaries (other language) for the creation of the master seed?
Activity: 869
Merit: 585
October 16, 2014, 06:52:15 PM
If somebody gets hold of your original passphrase, they won't know how to create a wallet from it.
At least until they find your post.  Smiley

How do you know this isn't an elaborate trap?
Guard your passphrases carefully boys and girls.
I could "find" my own post.
BWAHHAAHHAAA!
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
October 16, 2014, 02:26:00 PM
If somebody gets hold of your original passphrase, they won't know how to create a wallet from it.
At least until they find your post.  Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
October 14, 2014, 01:33:09 AM
Which is more untrustworthy?

Mycelium wallet or Bitchest?

Because I think one of them is £ucking me over.

Does it take long for bitchest to pay out?

MyCelium is a wallet and BitChest is a faucet or list of faucets. MyCelium has nothing to do with payouts.

If you search the forums you will see that BitChest has stopped all payouts almost a month ago due to the owner of those sites losing a large amount of coins due to a hack. He has however posted that all balances would be paid. Mind you, that was also almost a week ago so seems like it might or might not happen.
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
October 13, 2014, 09:11:44 PM
Which is more untrustworthy?

Mycelium wallet or Bitchest?

Because I think one of them is £ucking me over.

Does it take long for bitchest to pay out?

Bitchest?

Activity: 869
Merit: 585
October 12, 2014, 07:07:21 PM
I'll start reading up on bip32, and in the meantime I'd appreciate some pointers on the wordlist checksum generating scheme.  Is there a link with a concise set of instructions somwhere?

Check this:
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0039.mediawiki#Generating_the_mnemonic
As a test, I took the wordlist Mycelium generated for me, worked backward to ENT and hashed it.  It produced the correct checksum, which is encouraging.  Next step is to generate my own 128 bit ENT from my own passphrase and use that to create a bip39 wordlist.  I like to do this because I can use a pool of fifty thousand words and get a shorter phrase to remember; eight words chosen from fifty thousand will have about as much entropy as 12 words chosen from 2048.  Warning to anyone wanting to do this, you must not choose the words yourself.  Use random number generation to select the words.  Not a bad idea to salt your phrase with your driver's license number or something like that, too.
A couple of other things to be aware of, for anyone else interested in doing this.  
The wordlist
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0039/english.txt
is numbered from 1 to 2048, which is incorrect.  Subtract 1 from each line number so that the list has the correct binary numbering 0 to 2047.  
Using hex will throw you off when dividing into groups of 11 bits.  
The hash command for generating the checksum is
$echo -n 'ENT' | xxd -r -p | sha256sum -b
where ENT is a random 128 bit number (include the single quotes as shown).  One way to create ENT is to hash a passphrase
with the command
$echo -n 'passphrase' | sha256sum
which is exactly what bitaddress.org and brainwallet.org do as the first step in converting a passphrase to a private key. Truncate the 256 bit hash to 128 bits
and go from there using the instructions "Generating the mnemonic" in the bip39 mediawiki.
When you have the 12 words you can type them in as an imported backup.

It's extra work but it has its advantages:
You know where your entropy comes from.  
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
October 12, 2014, 02:42:09 PM
Feature request Smiley

How about expanding Local Trader to a decentralised bitpay service?

A description is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9118736

It seems to me most of the things required are already in Mycelium one way or the other.
Pages:
Jump to: