Pages:
Author

Topic: Myetherwallet is not really safe - page 2. (Read 357 times)

Activity: 349
Merit: 10
July 11, 2018, 11:49:17 AM
MythMyEtherWallet warns users of the hacked Hola application
Hola is a free VPN service with over 8 million installs and a 4.9 star rating.

Specifically, the MEW side posted the following on their Twitter:

"URGENT! If you have installed the Hola extension on a Chrome browser and have used your MEW wallet for the last 24 hours, please immediately transfer your funds to a brand new account!

We have received reports that Hola has been hacked for about 5 hours and this attack is to record your activity on MEW. "

I think myetherwallet is not safe, because recently MEW was frequently visited by hackers and the incident four months ago had total 216 ETH stolen after some DNS servers were taken over and controlled. That leads the user to a fake website

And the victim of this hack is Hola, not Myetherwallet. So Myetherwallet is still safe. We should say that VPN services are no longer secure. About the recent DNS hack, it's the Google Server fault, not them.
Activity: 200
July 11, 2018, 11:37:11 AM
My etherwallet is not really safe? I suggest if you are using myetherwallet be sure that your typing the exact address not your private key because ones your private key will you send in myetherwallet from the address it will surely scam your account its useless so be careful when you are using myetherwallet.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
July 11, 2018, 11:32:54 AM
In crypto everything is unsafe, You have to secure your fund yourself,
Myetherwallet have some security issues but if we use it the proper way no problem at that all, Hola is a third party application and it is already have negativity in past this time also same thing happening, Please aware form third-party application, I recommend to use hardware wallet
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
July 11, 2018, 11:31:37 AM
it is safe but it depends of what you do to make it safe. i have mew and only have add blocker and metamask in my browser. it is the third party program that are not secure not the MEW. i never have an issue or hacks with my wallet and i am still using the same wallet since i started.
as long as you are never touching any suspicious link or et malware and you fund will be safe. I never try to do any stupid step to clicking or visiting something that looks suspicious for me. MEW is safe wallet as long as you can keep your own personal data from someone else. A lot of people are forgetting it.
Activity: 451
July 11, 2018, 11:30:41 AM
It's not myetherwallet fault, is hola chrome extension problem, they just remind hola Vpn user immediately move their assets to new address if you've used your wallet for the ast 24 hour because they received report that hola has been hacked, new just a UI let us easy to manage our tokens, they don't store our private key
Activity: 420
July 11, 2018, 11:29:36 AM
yes myetherwallet is not secure because i have experienced myself i lost some of my tokens in myetherwallet i somehow what caused my token to disappear.
Activity: 1273
Merit: 507
July 11, 2018, 11:28:26 AM
MythMyEtherWallet warns users of the hacked Hola application
Hola is a free VPN service with over 8 million installs and a 4.9 star rating.

Specifically, the MEW side posted the following on their Twitter:

"URGENT! If you have installed the Hola extension on a Chrome browser and have used your MEW wallet for the last 24 hours, please immediately transfer your funds to a brand new account!

We have received reports that Hola has been hacked for about 5 hours and this attack is to record your activity on MEW. "

I think myetherwallet is not safe, because recently MEW was frequently visited by hackers and the incident four months ago had total 216 ETH stolen after some DNS servers were taken over and controlled. That leads the user to a fake website

MyEtherwallet is safe, for such a long time i've been using this one there is no instances that i got hacked or someone stole my funds in there. You just need to protect your private key very well and dont use anything else like extensions or vpn because they might get breached just like what happened in google dns.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
July 11, 2018, 11:26:55 AM
It is pretty safe to me. As already stated in previous comments, it is the users who should be extra careful. Anyway, there are other existing web wallets out there like Blue and MyCrypto which you can use should you decide to. I suggest you watch out for the launch of the Equal Web Wallet too.
Activity: 409
Merit: 103
July 11, 2018, 11:24:50 AM
Well for me MyEtherwallet is still safe 100% in is only depends on the user on how he will protect his private key. It is safe the only thing that not is safe is the vpn that you've used. So the title i think is misleading for the content itself.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
July 11, 2018, 11:23:45 AM
it may seem true there is also true what you say, yesterday my friend lost some of his assets in mew, I do not know what causes it, obviously we now have to be really careful in the transaction.
Activity: 392
July 11, 2018, 11:21:31 AM
It is not necessary to install questionable applications, in order to use the MEW. You need to be more vigilant, because scammers constantly want to get our money.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
July 11, 2018, 11:18:03 AM
The purse itself MEW has a sufficiently high degree of security, i do not understand, why users accuse the developers of the wallet, when they themselves neglect the elementary rules of safe handling with it and use third-party unchecked applications to enter the wallet?
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
July 11, 2018, 09:32:55 AM
I have been using that said ethereum wallet for a long time now and so far I have not encountered any hackings of some sort but I do make sure that I do not install any crypto related plugins all of my usernames and passwords and private keys are saved on paper not in my computer.
Activity: 420
July 11, 2018, 09:17:12 AM
You could have posted a screenshot of that announcement to make this more believable and reliable as well. Still, I have not experienced any hacking nor theft in myetherwallet. Good for me. Let us just be careful when using this site to avoid being phished. Also try not to save your private keys on your social media if you want to be extra safe.
Activity: 994
Merit: 391
July 11, 2018, 08:46:11 AM
I think the safest and easiest way is to use a hardware wallet like a ledger nano. There is always hack risk at online wallets even you use it as offline. By the way, of course, hardware wallets also has some risk.
Activity: 532
July 11, 2018, 08:42:29 AM
it is safe but it depends of what you do to make it safe. i have mew and only have add blocker and metamask in my browser. it is the third party program that are not secure not the MEW. i never have an issue or hacks with my wallet and i am still using the same wallet since i started.
Activity: 994
Merit: 250
July 11, 2018, 08:34:20 AM
I have long trusted this wallet. Creators promise fast speed and safety. But this scam fraud is often hacked and I do not use it anymore.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
July 11, 2018, 08:29:51 AM
This hack is not related to MEW security and it does not make MEW less secure. What has been hacked is a browser extension. What people have to consider is the convenience of installing this type of extensions. Keep in mind that in the same way that hackers have been able to register the activity in MEW, they have been able to register any other activity in the browser. Anyway, you can always use the desktop version of MEW that is more secure.

I never knew there was a desktop version of MEW, I'll search for it on myetherwallet.com immediately, thank you for this info. I've been using MEW without any hack issues. I think it's activities of individuals that makes them prone to attacks
Activity: 593
BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange
July 11, 2018, 08:25:29 AM
Myetherwallet is very secure, so your MEW is attacked because you use third party software to access your wallet, which gives the hacker the opportunity to attack and steal the private key. You should choose safer ways and avoid using 3rd party applications.
Activity: 294
July 11, 2018, 08:22:14 AM
MEW is a safe wallet. Each user is responsible what he installs on his PC, what websites he visits or extensions he uses. MEW cant be held responsible if someone loses its funds due to a hacked third party app.
Pages:
Jump to: