Pages:
Author

Topic: MyEtherWallet Succumbs to DNS Attack with $ 17 million stolen - page 5. (Read 543 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
yes ,,, I also heard the news ... maybe we should be careful and also give extra security to our wallet if we use myetherwallet ...and also do not leave a lot of balance in our wallet ... so we can avoid hacker attacks...
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
Has the very unfortunate news been hacked again? I have also used it recently, hoping that there will be no loss, although I have very little money. However, this issue requires the official to strengthen security, otherwise many people are afraid to use it again.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
umachit.fund
Such an attack made us all sad. 25,000 ETH is very serious. The required courses must be taken and the same problems shouldn't happen again.

Activity: 336
this situation panicked in the world of cryptographic currency units. hackers steal tokens using advanced technology. now the thieves must stop. I'm afraid to look at your wallet as someone who uses myetherwallet.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
I expected this problem but it seems to be very big with that $17M perhaps it happened for long a period of time before they noticed. And the people will gradually pullout their money
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
The problem is if people rush a lot, like we did a few days ago, it is very easy to lose a ton. Many people were redirected to a phishing site so that is the way they lost money and access to their tokens and ETH. Always you need to check that there is a green bar at the top, never ever put in your private keys without seeing the proper URL. We need to slow down and be very careful because in this Industry there are so many thieves waiting for us to make just one mistake and we lose everything. We all need to take cyber security in general more seriously, especially when we are dealing with money issues.
Activity: 196
Merit: 6
https://cryptotvplus.com
17Million dollars?  How could people have fallen for this?  When my devices are connected to my financial dealings I can access any site with them but the one i use for crypto or internet banking holds extra security. I don't access just any site.

I feel sorry for those victims.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
When I saw we this I felt bad for the victims. Many will blame MEW for security issue but they fail to realize that security of a software can only stand strong when the user employ good internet surfing habits.

Quite unfortunate though.

I have been a target of a cyber attack some years ago. Within 5 hours I got h it t over 23 times. But I didn't fall because I employ good surfing habits /ethics
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
this is always going to be the problem with web wallets which is why they are always considered the least secure of all types of wallets. but unfortunately for ethereum there aren't any good options like there are for bitcoin. for instance we have Electrum for bitcoin which is a light wallet which is fast, secure and easy to use. but for ethereum there aren't any easy to use wallets that are fast and secure and don't take up all your hard disk space and bandwidth.
Activity: 201

Popular Ethereum wallet interface MyEtherWallet has succumbed to a DNS hijacking attack that allowed a hacker to redirect users to a malicious version of the website.

The MEW confirmed that this was not their fault and was trying their best to identify the attacked server to fix things as soon as possible.
This topic is rapidly spreading on the Reddit forum. The attacking IP address seems to come from Russia. At the time of writing, 25,000 ETH ($ 17 million) has been stolen.

It is highly recommend that everyone be careful when using the MEW wallet and follow the security instructions by MEW wallet. In other words, you are advised to integrate Metamask into login and make direct transactions via Metamask. If you want to check your balance, visit https://etherscan.io/, which means you do not have to log into MyEtherwallet.com anymore, so you will avoid the hidden potential risk here.

Rothscoin team.
Pages:
Jump to: