Pages:
Author

Topic: MZC economic development ideas - page 2. (Read 2021 times)

Activity: 955
Merit: 500
September 30, 2015, 12:27:47 AM
...  Typically region specific currency will only be useful in that region and not useful to the outside world.  You're not going to be buying televisions from Japan with them.  It's only useful for what that region creates and trades amongst itself unless you develop an exportable trade surplus.

Any currency is what it is.

If you print a bunch of banknotes and use them for a game of monopoly then they are monopoly money.

"Region specific currencies" are like commodity derivatives, they have whatever use and value the broader public accepts them as having. It is almost certainly a big mistake to underestimate the potential of a Native American economy viz the rest of the world. Just as a person should not overestimate the usdollar economy at this point.
September 30, 2015, 12:18:58 AM
outside observer suggests

Native Economy = Maza
for any Native region/reservation any where on Earth

but it requires on the ground projects that can be document and presented to the public

The guy who made Mazacoin is American Native. Like any currency it can be used by anybody. But American Natives have a pretty extreme history of getting the short economic stick and I'm pretty sure his intention was not to exclude anyone but probably he wanted to help set up a distinct Native American economy.

"On the ground projects" is 100% right but ideas are needed. How to do it.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
September 29, 2015, 11:46:01 PM
Given the current state of MZC I'm looking for ways to use the MZC that I have accumulated to help jump start native economies.  I'm thinking we can use MZC to fund projects on reservations.  I'm just looking for more ways to make the coin useful.

Your first step would probably be to transfer Mazacoin to either Bitshares or NXT blockchain as a user issued asset so you don't have to worry about PoW mining security.  Either that or have it merged mined with another coin for security like BTC or LTC...

The purpose of user issued assets on PoS blockchains (Bitshares & NXT) is so people can do things like run a small town currency with them, so that might be the best option.  Typically region specific currency will only be useful in that region and not useful to the outside world.  You're not going to be buying televisions from Japan with them.  It's only useful for what that region creates and trades amongst itself unless you develop an exportable trade surplus.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
September 29, 2015, 11:36:44 PM
outside observer suggests

Native Economy = Maza
for any Native region/reservation any where on Earth

but it requires on the ground projects that can be document and presented to the public
September 29, 2015, 08:43:55 PM
I've previously private messaged with Alao and will participate in any project that passes muster.

For me that means it must:

1) Specifically help build a sustainable economy, independent of the dollar, among Natives. Sustainable means that the new economy will be expected to draw in Mazacoin rather than simply transfer back to the dollar economy.

2) Have no strings attached. No contracts. No paper. If a group of people on a reservation or majority Native area get coins to start a project then they can adapt / change the project or do whatever else they want with the coins, regardless what was agreed to when they got the coins. The only benefit any speculator should get is from an increase in value longterm of Mazacoin.

3) Must not conflict with any developmental plan the main Mazacoin devs have. Payu and others have been working very grassroots and have some coins that they plan to use once an economy develops. Outsider projects like this should be run by them at least for opinions.

---

I have more than 4 million Mazacoin and would give half of them to any potential Native business man or woman who had a project that looks outstanding.

---

Possible adaptation of ideas mentioned on other threads that might be useful here:

1) Someone with a business on a reservation, who has a low income clientele, could contract with a company like http://www.crowdflower.com/ as for example https://coinworker.com/help to offer online jobs that pay in Mazacoin. In order to "close" the economy locally, i.e., make it sustainable,  they could "pay" partially in the form of discounts for Mazacoin purchases.
Example.
A person has a grocery store on a reservation.

They contract with Crowdflower to create online tasks and arrange to pay the workers in Mazacoin. A person goes to the site of the Native business and does whatever available work suits them and they are paid in Mazacoin.

To "close" the economy locally the grocer or cooperative pays only 90% of the wages directly, and the balance as a discount in local purchases. So the people in the area who work on the Mazacoin tasks would get paid 90% of what they might normally get paid, this directly in Mazacoin, and the balance as a local discount at the grocer for Mazacoin purchases.

Normally the total discount would work out to the 10% that the grocer withheld. If 10,000,000mzc worth of tasks were completed locally in a week then the payments would be 9,000,000mzc plus 1,000,000mzc in grocery discounts among all the people in that economy.

But... because the tasks would be online anyone could do them. If, during that week, people in other areas completed the same amount of work then they would receive the Mazacoin but not the local grocery discount. So there would be 2,000,000mzc available for grocery discounts made with Mazacoin.  Local people would receive 90% in Mazacoin and a >10% discount.

If the grocer in this economy sells corn for $10 a bag, he or she would calculate the exchange rate, minus the discount, and sell it locally at that Maza price, i.e., $9 or whatever in Mazacoin.

The only wild card is fluctuations in the exchange rate. There will always be expenses that have to be paid in other currencies, e.g. the services of Crowdflower and grocery items in the example above. My understanding from watching Mazacoin videos is that the main devs are waiting to address that problem once something sustainable is started.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
September 28, 2015, 04:17:13 AM
create a program
keep us posted
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
September 27, 2015, 10:57:26 AM
Given the current state of MZC I'm looking for ways to use the MZC that I have accumulated to help jump start native economies.  I'm thinking we can use MZC to fund projects on reservations.  I'm just looking for more ways to make the coin useful.
Pages:
Jump to: