Pages:
Author

Topic: Namecoin and Bitcoin value are now equal (based on difficulty) - page 2. (Read 4586 times)

Activity: 499
Merit: 500
In my mind, the profitability in mining namecoins comes from the future increases in price.

Assuming the namecoin:btc price follows the namecoin:btc difficulty, then with increased hashing power going into namecoin to chase the "easy money" (assumption) then the namecoin:btc ratio will get closer to 1:1 than it is now (about 15:1).

Which means that priced in btc, namecoins will get more expensive.  Making them worth diverting a few MHash.   Not to mention that namecoins actually "do something", giving them an extrinsic value that should (in theory) drive their usage and growth.

That's my theory, will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Isnt there a calculator, where i can see how many namecoins i mine in 24h with current difficulty? Something like deepbit has, because i still think it's more profitable to mine namecoins.
Activity: 323
Merit: 250
This is interesting though. Will we see a stable bitcoin/namecoin exchange rate from now on?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
That's why I did not even bother to start mining namecoins . It was obvious that arbitragers will even thing out quickly and it is so much simpler to just continue mining bitcoins than mess with all the namecoin thing (unless you really want those namecoins).
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Took less than 10 days from a post that appeared here mentioning it was more efficient doing namecoins.

The horny "I can has ghash all for mes" farming community has humped both mining endeavours into low digit reward death successfully.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Difficulty of Bitcoin: 877227
Difficulty of Namecoin: 55882

Value of a Namecoin (from https://exchange.bitparking.com/main): around 0.060-0.063

Theoretical value of a Namecoin in BTC based on difficulty: 0.0637

So at this point mining for Namecoin will give the same result as mining for BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: