Pages:
Author

Topic: Nano Ledger S USD Value Incorrect? - page 2. (Read 296 times)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186
December 25, 2018, 06:41:55 PM
So on the ledger s, there is like an arrow that looks like a download logo on the left... right to it is the word Update on my ledger s.

On my laptop, the ledger live program app is basically all white and nothing shows there.  So did the update fail?  I do not know what to do now.  Have the nano ledger s still connected to my laptop and not unplugging or clicking anything at the moment because i do not want to do a messup here.  Last time i did a firmware update, it frozed a while back which is why i always am hesitant of doing any firmware update on the ledger.
December 25, 2018, 06:36:04 PM
On the nano ledger s, it showed the word update and give me option of yes or no with the left or right click button.  i right clicked it.  So is it updating now or not?

Because right now it shows nothing loading on the ledger live on the computer.  on the nano ledger s, it shows an arrow with down button and update right next to it.

What am i suppose to do now? Do i need to click on anything?  Nothign seems to be loading etc on the computer screen.
December 25, 2018, 06:34:25 PM
Okay i entered password.  Then everything seem to go through and there was option to do firmware update to 1.4.  I did this.  But when i did this, my ledger live is blank.  On the nano ledger s, it shows an arrow and update right next to it.  Do i just wait now?
December 25, 2018, 06:26:37 PM
Okay after i connected it, i made a mistake of unconnecting it.  I thought it was connect it and unconnect.  I then connected it again and then put in my pin.  Then it seems to log in but now it shows ledger live but its blank screen?
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
December 25, 2018, 06:20:55 PM
Just follow the instructions in the Ledger Live app after you have downloaded and installed it... it has very simple and easy to follow instructions. To setup the app properly (so it can see you accounts), you will need your Nano S device... and you will need to unlock it when prompted.

NOTE: It will probably make you do a firmware update first, if you're not already updated.
December 25, 2018, 05:57:50 PM
When i download it, do i need to have my ledger s connected to my laptop and if so, does it need to have bitcoin opened where i already entered my pin as well?
December 25, 2018, 05:55:57 PM
HCP.

Can you tell me step by step how to update to ledger live?  Do i have to download it directly from the website?  Last time when i connected the ledger to it, it ask me to update and i did not.  Now i connected the ledger s to my laptop again and i did not see this message.  I have not connected my ledger s to my laptop in a few months or so before now.

I was watching a video on youtube on this and there is a part where they ask you to put in a password.  So that is needed or preferred?  Then in the video, it say it will ask you to connect your nano ledger s to see if its geniune or not and then unplug it.  The thing is do you need to connect and unconnect when this happens before the process continues?  The video wasn't exact if every detail so i don't want to make a mistake somehow.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
December 25, 2018, 05:46:50 PM
Most likely because the Chrome webapp is not being updated/monitored any more...

I suspect that the Countervalue API that it is using is outdated or possibly has been switched off... ie. the backend functionality that was retrieving exchange rates for the Chrome WebApp has been switched off, so it is showing the last (very outdated) BTC/USD exchange rate that was retrieved before it was turned off.

Update to Ledger Live... or turn the counter value setting OFF (in Settings -> Display) within the WebApp... and then manually use an external source like preev or google or to find the "fiat value" of your BTC.
December 25, 2018, 05:03:31 PM
So i haven't connected my nano ledger s to my laptop in a while.  Last time when i did this, it ask me to update ledger live or something like that but i didn't do that.  When i connected my nano ledger s to my laptop, and then opened ledger wallet bitcoin, i then clicked on bitcoin and segwit as i normally do.  When i did this, it shows my btc and usd balance.  The issue here is the usd balance is not correct.  The usd value was basically the same value like last time when i connected my ledger to my laptop when the price was like 7000 or so.

I clicked on that 2 arrow next to the btc on the top right and the usd price stays the same. 

Can someone tell me why i have this issue?  Because back then, the total value was pretty much correct everytime when btc price chagned.
Pages:
Jump to: