Pages:
Author

Topic: NanoFury Project - Open Source Design - page 12. (Read 75377 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
April 01, 2014, 11:20:30 AM
Here is a NanoFury Sixer teaser :-)

http://i.imgur.com/35uCTijl.png

Now the most annoying and nail-biting part begins ... waiting for the real boards to arrive ...

String-liked NF6?
Activity: 4
April 01, 2014, 10:43:18 AM
Looks nice vs3.

By the way: I wanted to ask if I have to flash the controler of the nf with a firmware....probably...but how is it done, if it is necessary at all.

Thank you and best regards.

Max
vs3
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
April 01, 2014, 05:30:25 AM
Here is a NanoFury Sixer teaser :-)

Now the most annoying and nail-biting part begins ... waiting for the real boards to arrive ...
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
March 30, 2014, 08:44:23 AM
Any info on the NF6 yet?

Heh heh. He's working on it I promise. Tongue
Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform
March 29, 2014, 04:15:35 PM
Any info on the NF6 yet?
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
March 28, 2014, 07:56:50 PM
The boards are looking great VS3! Your work in designing the most simplistic USB miner is astonishing. Also it is good to see consumers liked the icefury Smiley
vs3
March 28, 2014, 07:00:20 PM
At least for Europeans there is good opportunity to get hands on an engineering sample of max 32 Bitfury rev. 2 chips. Punin still sells engineering samples in his shop. Good for two 8-board panels. Wink

http://i.imgur.com/rmVYRa7l.jpg

yup - which is why I made the panels consist of 8 boards ;-)

(And coincidentally most people requesting DYI kits have asked for 2 panels ... I dunno why Cheesy)

Speaking of the kits - I have 5 panels left and one stencil ...
(I wish now that I had ordered more panels ... if I only knew that they'll sell out so quickly!)
Activity: 71
Merit: 13
March 28, 2014, 05:54:47 PM
At least for Europeans there is good opportunity to get hands on an engineering sample of max 32 Bitfury rev. 2 chips. Punin still sells engineering samples in his shop. Good for two 8-board panels. Wink

Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
March 28, 2014, 02:19:56 PM
Cheesy
vs3
March 28, 2014, 02:14:50 PM
seems like they are really hard to get hold of now :-S
Well, there is a group buy for Rev2 BitFury chips.  Supposedly protocol and pinout compatible (datasheet says it is anyway), so... should be able to get those onto existing NanoFury(-derived) boards as well Smiley

Bitfury chips had a data-what? What sheet? Cheesy

I'm buying a drink to whoever can point me to the "official" such thing.

Humor aside though, preliminary tests indicate that Steve's statement is correct.
Just put the new chip and everything else works as expected and better.
brand new
Activity: 0
March 28, 2014, 12:53:01 PM
If you guys need chips for these I have a small amount for sale here, seems like they are really hard to get hold of now :-S planned to build nano furys myself but just haven't had to time to get everything together  Huh 

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitfury-asic-chips-new-in-hand-for-sale-low-price-427233
Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
March 28, 2014, 01:56:10 PM
seems like they are really hard to get hold of now :-S
Well, there is a group buy for Rev2 BitFury chips.  Supposedly protocol and pinout compatible (datasheet says it is anyway), so... should be able to get those onto existing NanoFury(-derived) boards as well Smiley
Activity: 49
March 28, 2014, 08:09:54 AM
Got the boards and stencils!

And all I can say is - WOW! They're actually a much higher quality than what I expected!

http://i.imgur.com/0MnMpjIm.jpg

Care to share from where? Hard to read the package.

To be absolutely honest - I have no clue where they got made! Smiley
I asked one of the companies that did assembly for a previous run to get me some extra boards and a stencil and that's what I got. What I suspect is that they're ordering those things from the far east somewhere (as it took a few weeks). I'm not complaining though - the quality was worth the price I paid and the wait.

I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if I can find out more details though.
From China…
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
March 28, 2014, 05:35:36 AM
Thanks man. I sent you a PM. Keep up the great work!
vs3
March 28, 2014, 01:43:43 AM

And all I can say is - WOW! They're actually a much higher quality than what I expected!

To be absolutely honest - I have no clue where they got made! Smiley
I asked one of the companies that did assembly for a previous run to get me some extra boards and a stencil and that's what I got. What I suspect is that they're ordering those things from the far east somewhere (as it took a few weeks). I'm not complaining though - the quality was worth the price I paid and the wait.

I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if I can find out more details though.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
March 28, 2014, 12:16:16 AM

vs3
March 28, 2014, 12:12:09 AM

Activity: 434
Merit: 251
March 27, 2014, 12:03:52 PM
When will NF2 files be released ?
And for the NF1 are the files 100% ready for production? And can u confirm that the version on the files are supported by cgminer ?
Thanks,
JT
vs3
March 24, 2014, 06:41:10 PM
Several people have asked me for a NF2 DYI kit.
So I ordered some extra boards - they're 8 boards per panel and should be arriving at some point later this week or early next.

I have a few extra panels left. I also have an extra steel laser cut stencil.

Pricing will be as follows:
----------------------------
8-board panel: $80
Stencil : $70
Components pack (all components for 8 boards excluding bitfury chip) : $100
----------------------------
Ground shipping within the US will be free. PM me for international.

Note: heatsink and thermal tape are not included.

TO PLACE AN ORDER:
PM me with what you want and I'll send you a quote with the final amount and payment instructions.
Please put DYI KIT in the message subject line.
For the quote I'll need a shipping address, and if you prefer UPS/FEDEX also a phone number.
Payment options (in the order of preference) will include: BTC (coinbase rate), check, paypal.

I anticipate having everything in my hands and ready for shipping at some time next week. Based on the interest I'll be ordering the missing components on Thursday (with expected delivery on Monday).

Below are images of the panel and actual boards with stencils. Boards on the panel have been specifically laid out for an easy automated SMT machine assembly.

edit: added clarification regarding heatsink and thermal tape
vs3
March 24, 2014, 05:16:28 PM
I stumbled onto a pretty interesting video review of the NF1 (IceFury version) Smiley
(including covering all the important how-to questions)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_HVT5nAZMk
Pages:
Jump to: