Pages:
Author

Topic: NanoFury Project - Open Source Design - page 16. (Read 75338 times)

vs3
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
February 04, 2014, 08:09:19 PM
So where are these for sale at reasonable prices now?
I have a few for sale but they run under the standard speed.  I have sold all my others and these are the leftovers from my batch of 110.
At the default 50 bits they range between 1.5 Gh/s to 1.75 Gh/s.
Overclocked at 54 bits they all run over 2.0 Gh/s and the faster ones run about 2.5 Gh/s.
I have about 8 of them and they run between $55-$70 depending on the speed.  Delivery is additional.

PM me if interested.

$55-$70 is a bit steep, especially if they are under standard speed.  I was hoping $25 to $30, expected $40 or so. 

Is there nowhere I can get $10/gigahash?  That's the only price that makes any modicum of sense right now.

No.  The lowest available price I have seen is $95.  But most are well over $100.

That's craziness.  No way to ROI @ over $30 right now.  I don't see it being even remotely possible.

well, you have to also keep in mind that those were made with a bitfury chip which alone cost $25. And even though everyone's bottom cost will be different - in my group buy my estimates for a 500-1000-devices series were for about another $25-30 in all other pieces including PCB, components, assembly, stencils, shipping, taxes, etc.
Activity: 742
February 04, 2014, 06:11:10 PM
I have a few for sale but they run under the standard speed.  I have sold all my others and these are the leftovers from my batch of 110.
Overclocked at 54 bits they all run over 2.0 Gh/s and the faster ones run about 2.5 Gh/s.
I have about 8 of them and they run between $55-$70 depending on the speed.  Delivery is additional.

PM me if interested.

$55-$70 is a bit steep, especially if they are under standard speed.  I was hoping $25 to $30, expected $40 or so. 

Is there nowhere I can get $10/gigahash?  That's the only price that makes any modicum of sense right now.

No.  The lowest available price I have seen is $95.  But most are well over $100.

That's craziness.  No way to ROI @ over $30 right now.  I don't see it being even remotely possible.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
February 04, 2014, 05:13:15 PM

PM me if interested.

February 04, 2014, 11:17:21 AM

PM me if interested.

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
February 04, 2014, 10:13:37 AM
For sure Technobit reworked Luke vs3 hidapi implementation to libusb and this is noted inside their code.
Peace.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
February 04, 2014, 12:53:47 AM
By the way I think Con did incorporate exactly those changes into the mainstream cgminer (I think as of version 3.11 everything should be stable, he also added a speed override option)

Hrmm. I didn't see any references to this patch in the main branch, which is why I created my fork (https://github.com/utdrmac/cgminer). If I clone ckolivas's main branch, and compile, I have to use hidapi and I get hardware errors or I get no detection of NFY at all.

Using my fork, with the patch from technobit, there's no need for hidapi (known to be cumbersome with RPis), YellowJackets are detected, run more efficiently and produce 0 hardware errors.
Excuse me? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're mixing up my code with something else. There's no code in the master cgminer code that uses hidapi, nor was there any code that used it. It only uses libusb directly which is included in the cgminer source, for that is the driver model for all usb devices in cgminer.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
February 03, 2014, 11:37:12 PM

PM me if interested.
February 03, 2014, 09:39:06 PM
vs3
February 03, 2014, 09:15:52 PM
vs3
February 03, 2014, 09:13:20 PM
Looking at stuff like that just makes me proud with my Nanos Smiley

http://blockchain.info/tx-index/c5d213962751b47ac02130ff175fe67d4e41350475f0388d7252a8f1495fa568

Purchasing 8 please! ~$112.8 per unit, plus shipping. Very much looking forward to receiving them.

UPDATE
One unit received and loaded up:

16 Yellowjackets... mmm...

All overclocked to 54 oscillator bits, there don't seem to be any power-related error messages; it seems rock solid

Very happy, can't wait to get the rest!
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
February 02, 2014, 06:46:56 PM
This bug is fixed in 3.12.0. It wasn't in Martos Patch either.

bfgminer rock solid? No frequency drops there anymore?
erk
Activity: 826
February 02, 2014, 05:00:44 PM
My NF1 crashes on cgminer 3.10, 3.11, usually when there is a stratum disconnect. Rock solid on bfgminer.

Activity: 115
Merit: 10
February 02, 2014, 12:01:18 PM
Concerning diffs between Martos and Cons Code:
I have several NF, working without any problems with both versions. But one NF doesn't work with cgminer 3.12.0 (and before). It workes with Martos Patch and bfgminer as well.
It doesn't bother me but it shows there are differences between the patch and main.
Activity: 658
CCNA: There i fixed the internet.
February 02, 2014, 11:49:35 AM
By the way I think Con did incorporate exactly those changes into the mainstream cgminer (I think as of version 3.11 everything should be stable, he also added a speed override option)

Hrmm. I didn't see any references to this patch in the main branch, which is why I created my fork (https://github.com/utdrmac/cgminer). If I clone ckolivas's main branch, and compile, I have to use hidapi and I get hardware errors or I get no detection of NFY at all.

Using my fork, with the patch from technobit, there's no need for hidapi (known to be cumbersome with RPis), YellowJackets are detected, run more efficiently and produce 0 hardware errors.

Take a look here: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/network
Go back to Jan/2 and follow the branch that Con split off at that time, and which branch got merged back into the trunk on Jan/8. That's when majority of the work was done.

Also, I suspect Con based his work mostly on the changes that Marto did (which were based on LukeJr's code who reworked to a significant extent my nf_spidevc.* library). The reason being is - Luke used the hidapi library (which was something inherited from my code) while Marto's version switched to libusb and that's what Con used. I don't know whether Con or Marto was first with libusb though - it might be that Marto has just shown the way to Con and he has redone the entire library himself.

I haven't done a diff to see what are the differences between Marto's version and Con's, but I suspect I'll find many common blocks of code Smiley
(which however might be just a coincidence as both of them used LukeJr's code as a base)

And just for the record - I would be a bit suspicious about the zero hardware errors. No bitfury chip (to the extent of my knowledge) has ever worked ideally flawlessly in that regard.

i might have 1 "flawless" at least at 54 bits. been running for over 1.5 weeks with no hw errors. this would mean its been through 2.091 × 10^15 hashes in that time period at 2.2 Gh/s which i would think is enough for a hit on each of the 756 cores.

and now i have to wonder why Bitfury chose 756 instead of a full 1024. silicon die sizing constraints?
vs3
February 01, 2014, 11:11:56 PM

Take a look here: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/network
Go back to Jan/2 and follow the branch that Con split off at that time, and which branch got merged back into the trunk on Jan/8. That's when majority of the work was done.

Also, I suspect Con based his work mostly on the changes that Marto did (which were based on LukeJr's code who reworked to a significant extent my nf_spidevc.* library). The reason being is - Luke used the hidapi library (which was something inherited from my code) while Marto's version switched to libusb and that's what Con used. I don't know whether Con or Marto was first with libusb though - it might be that Marto has just shown the way to Con and he has redone the entire library himself.

I haven't done a diff to see what are the differences between Marto's version and Con's, but I suspect I'll find many common blocks of code Smiley
(which however might be just a coincidence as both of them used LukeJr's code as a base)

And just for the record - I would be a bit suspicious about the zero hardware errors. No bitfury chip (to the extent of my knowledge) has ever worked ideally flawlessly in that regard.
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
February 01, 2014, 02:37:39 AM

vs3
February 01, 2014, 01:15:30 AM
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
January 31, 2014, 05:15:02 PM
Success! Perfect! RaspberryPI Model B. 2 YellowJacket NanoFury's (powered hub required)! 2.2-2.5GHs each! No more 50% frequency errors!

Why doesn't master branch of cgminer have this patch included?

wget https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/archive/afe7710858e4ce28bb60f6ae6e167a18d687634f.zip
unzip cgminer-afe7710858e4ce28bb60f6ae6e167a18d687634f.zip
cd cgminer-afe7710858e4ce28bb60f6ae6e167a18d687634f/
wget http://technobit.eu/0_1_3.rar
unrar e 0_1_3.rar
patch -p1 ./autogen.sh --enable-hexmineru
make; sudo make install
vs3
January 10, 2014, 01:30:00 PM
Loshia - just out of curiosity - can you give it a shot with the binary that I used during my initial development and testing? It is available at:
http://www.nanofury.com/cgminer-NanoFury-bin-2013-10-02.zip
It supports only one miner (and sometimes doesn't shut it off when you exit) but it would be interesting to see how that one compares. In my initial observations the same miners with bfgminer did a bit better... but it is also possible that just my initial coding was messy.
Window build  Shocked
Which one to use?

48-56?
can you post a screen shot of it?

the 48-56 are the hard-coded speed bits. That's the same build I used during initial development - e.g. like in the screenshot here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3280783
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
January 10, 2014, 01:04:06 PM
I also had a few crashes - core dump. Maybe because of weird system. Try to figure out on weekend.

System load seemed much lower with the version of main.

This is due to nonce checking. For sure Con version is doing it faster. I am sure that in new technoit release this will be tweaked also
Pages:
Jump to: