Pages:
Author

Topic: NBC's Bob Costas Goes On Gun Control Rant About NFL Player's Murder-Suicide - page 3. (Read 2673 times)

donator
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
Axios Foundation
It's harder to kill with a knife. Hurt a lot - yes. And US homicide rate is very high vs other developed countries with gun control.

Though its most likely due to US culture since other countries have more homogenized cultures, stats won't help you to prove anything. There is no correlation between crime & gun control.
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
Here's a link to a transcript of what Bob Costas said last night after halftime during the Cowboys/eagles game.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/12/03/nbcs_bob_costas_goes_on_gun_control_rant_about_nfl_players_murder-suicide.html

I couldn't disagree more with his opinion.  Apparently only guns kill people, not the people pulling the trigger.  I even did some research to see if I could find a single article comparing homicide rates in gun control countries vs others.  All I could find were articles that showed gun-related homicides as if that statistic should solidify anyone on the fence about gun control.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that outlawing guns will decrease gun-related violence.  But what I do want to see is if outlawing guns increases violence with other weapons.  After all, someone willing to kill someone else with a gun probably has no problems using a knife instead.
Pages:
Jump to: