Pages:
Author

Topic: Nebula-The upcoming cryptocurrency that will incentivize reversible computation. - page 3. (Read 4482 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Hello everyone,

In addition to cryptocurrencies, I have been simultaneous working on another mathematical research project on Laver tables http://boolesrings.org/jvanname/2017/08/29/generalizations-of-laver-tables-is-posted-140-pages/ where among other things I have developed the mathematical structures behind new post-quantum public key cryptosystems from the highest levels of infinity (this project is the only real-world application of these very large levels of infinity). My project on Laver tables is finished after two years of work, so I can now devote all my extra time that I have to Nebula. I apologize for the delay.

-Joseph Van Name Ph.D.
http://boolesrings.org/jvanname

Very good news. Haven't heard about Laver tables term before. Will try to investigate more and understand your research paper, since it's seems quite interesting concept.

Good luck with Nebula!
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Hello everyone,

In addition to cryptocurrencies, I have been simultaneous working on another mathematical research project on Laver tables http://boolesrings.org/jvanname/2017/08/29/generalizations-of-laver-tables-is-posted-140-pages/ where among other things I have developed the mathematical structures behind new post-quantum public key cryptosystems from the highest levels of infinity (this project is the only real-world application of these very large levels of infinity). My project on Laver tables is finished after two years of work, so I can now devote all my extra time that I have to Nebula. I apologize for the delay.

-Joseph Van Name Ph.D.

Fantastic news! Thanks for the update!
Activity: 691
Merit: 51
Hello everyone,

-Joseph Van Name Ph.D.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Hi!
I'm very interested about this project. What's the status? How's everything going?

Hope this succeeds.
Activity: 676
Merit: 250
Activity: 1792
Merit: 513
<3 DeepOnion
Dev last activity 29 07 2017. looks like project closed even before its opened.
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
I got you man. Hope this great project.

All would want the success of this project, I also hope this project will be successful ..
Activity: 798
Hi Joseph, I'm watching your project with great interest. Thank you.
Activity: 672
Very interesting white paper, R5 for 5 algos, I like this already, definitely keeping my eye on this. Good luck and everything of the best.
Activity: 75
Merit: 1
Miner, Trader
I got you man. Hope this great project.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
it is interesting even just for the sake of environmental argument (and believe me when I enter my mining facilities I do understand the irony in your conclusion section -- unfortunately). Of course I see a big disadvantage in RCO-POW being non ASIC resistant. But wouldn't that RCO-ASIC be in fact a Reverse Computer device by itself? Also how the RCO-POW will perform on non optimized CPU/GPU hardware in terms of hit/energy? Sorry if my questions are obvious I am not a scientist may be missed it in your paper.
Activity: 1050
Nebula? Sounds like the name of a planet in a science fiction movie.interesting and waiting for more info about this
+watchlist , looks promising.
Activity: 174
Merit: 10
interesting project , maybe there is a roadmap and whitepaper to make this project more more interesting
Activity: 742
Fatoshi and  bathrobehero. Thanks. I appreciate your interest.

I do not know enough about POS to judge its security, merits, or whether it can completely replace POW as a method of securing the cryptocurrency. However, POW better solves the problem of fairly initially distributing newly minted coins. I do not see POW going away any time soon even for established currencies since cryptocurrencies may want to mint new coins in order to replace lost or destroyed coins and because some altcoins may want steady inflation. A useful POW like an RCO-POW will also give the cryptocurrency a perception of greater value to the cryptocurrency since people will see that the work used to produce the newly minted coins were used for some good purpose.  This positive perception of value is harder to achieve using a POS system. I am simply looking to implement another solution to the wasted energy problem for cryptocurrency POW problems.

Very interesting topic. As most people on this forum I also did not know anything about reverse computaion, I'm going to learn about it. BTC mining consumes a lot of electricity and produces a lot of heat, there are just a few coins that are doing something usefull for the science - folding coin and gridcoin research (maybe more?). I'd like to see more projects that will be usefull for science.
Activity: 371
Wink The five kinds of algorithms, I like, continue to pay attention    Wink
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

This sounds like a promising project with an important concept. I'll be keeping my eye on it over the next few days!
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

Although I'm not sure about the concept of this project, but it will be an interesting project, hopefully it can run well and good luck for you
Pages:
Jump to: