Pages:
Author

Topic: [neㄘcash, ᨇcash, net⚷eys, or viᖚes?] Name AnonyMint's vapor coin? - page 32. (Read 95256 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262
[...]

I am contemplating for my coin's symbol/logo to be a lightning bolt, ⚡, superimposed upon a faint letter 'e' (either drawn with dotted lines or thin strokes) if this works at a small size.

Edit: a quick rendering but needs more work:

CoinCube add:

4) A large base of users already using it as a currency and enjoying freedoms it provides. And doing it within my block chain design (or Iota's if you accept the flaws I alleged) where the control over the mining is in the hands of the users, not professional miners.

Which was sort of the point of my prior post. So seems we are in agreement. I am just not sure if I am going to proceed. Not sure if we have enough awareness in the community as to what needs to be done and whether people are excited about it. I am testing the waters now in the Aeon thread to see what people think about actually trying for mass adoption. I am being obnoxious and loud to try to see if people will realize we are not doing anything about mass adoption in the altcoin arena (other than perhaps Dogecoin).
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I forgot that normally during ICOs the insiders buy from themselves pumping up the apparency of great demand of the ICO (of course I am not alleging this for Iota...ahem)

You don't have to allege it, they acknowledged doing it, but stated that it was not a sham transaction because individuals were doing the buying and a business entity was receiving the proceeds.

But do we have any way to know how much they did actually raise? I think not?

No, other than by their statements, if they make any.

And what is the user adoption level of Iota? How many users of the currency do they actually have? Is it like Dash, Bitshares, etc. that basically have no usership and just a few bagholders mining each other?

Iota isn't even launched yet I think. I'm not positive.
I heard that Iota has received $500K from this forum already. So most developers would be more inclined to go that direction for quick money.

I forgot that normally during ICOs the insiders buy from themselves pumping up the apparency of great demand of the ICO (of course I am not alleging this for Iota...ahem)

Note the following all are questions not statements.

But do we have any way to know how much they did actually raise? I think not?

And what is the user adoption level of Iota? How many users of the currency do they actually have? Is it like Dash, Bitshares, etc. that basically have no usership and just a few bagholders mining each other?

HELP...   I'm about to die laughing watching this vaporware-sockpuppet-MORON try to save face...   lol   Cry

I am not involved in the private war between you two. I have enough of my own wars  Tongue
I thought I would be able to release something quickly and jumpstart in December but when I dug into details while implementing I decided I needed to have the decentralized attributed fully designed otherwise I was not going to be able to scale it fast enough if it started to take off.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
It's really obvious to me (and most others I suspect) that you're a straight shooter who doesn't bullshit about your situation, and doesn't tolerate bullshit from others well. I respect your honesty and passion! That's why I really hope you succeed!

Thanks. Probably the ones who want to make a widely adopted coin will always fail. And only the pumpers will succeed. We will see. Thanks for the inspiration. I better get back to figuring out exactly how I can do. Signing off from the forum noise for a while.

Cool Smiley A break from this forum is good, but it's a necessary evil to be here sometimes too. As with most things , balance!
It's really obvious to me (and most others I suspect) that you're a straight shooter who doesn't bullshit about your situation, and doesn't tolerate bullshit from others well. I respect your honesty and passion! That's why I really hope you succeed!

Thanks. Probably the ones who want to make a widely adopted coin will always fail. And only the pumpers will succeed. We will see. Thanks for the inspiration. I better get back to figuring out exactly how I can do. Signing off from the forum noise for a while.
I am talking with a team of developers right now. That is why I have been multitasking today.

Great news!!!

It is not clear yet whether the synergies are matched. So not yet great news. But at least I am open to discussing.

As you all know I tried to work a deal with smooth, but my designs weren't well developed enough, I was still pursuing anonymity at that time (c.f. the Zero Knowledge Transactions thread for what I spent June and July doing) and my illness was making me like a zombie from August through September. And smooth is very highly paid software developer, so it was too risky to put together a deal to entice him away from Aeon and his other hobbies and work and besides he has an allegiance to Monero and I didn't feel comfortable messing with his direction (nor harming any investors in Aeon) unless I was sure I had something really great. So I shut down those discussions. Smooth is a very talented programmer.

It is difficult to put together a team and especially if you don't want to do a pump to the speculators. I heard that Iota has received $500K from this forum already. So most developers would be more inclined to go that direction for quick money. I can't bring myself to sell illegal unregistered investment securities (again not referring to Iota because David threatened me with a lawsuit in a PM if I did discuss that). I am a USA citizen and I can't get involved in anything like that. So that limits my options a bit. Iota has a very talented developer Come-from-Beyond who has the luxury of apparently being a citizen of Belarus and thus not subject to any concerns about legal repercussions that I have to weigh.

I wasted most of May trying to locate a developer to work with. Ended up wasting several BTC on all that too. I am very conservative now in my thinking. And being brutally frank on what is realistic. So we will need to see what happens now.

I am talking with a team of developers right now. That is why I have been multitasking today.

Great news!!!

It is not clear yet whether the synergies are matched. So not yet great news. But at least I am open to discussing.

As you all know I tried to work a deal with smooth, but my designs weren't well developed enough, I was still pursuing anonymity at that time (c.f. the Zero Knowledge Transactions thread for what I spent June and July doing) and my illness was making me like a zombie from August through September. And smooth is very highly paid software developer, so it was too risky to put together a deal to entice him away from Aeon and his other hobbies and work and besides he has an allegiance to Monero and I didn't feel comfortable messing with his direction (nor harming any investors in Aeon) unless I was sure I had something really great. So I shut down those discussions. Smooth is a very talented programmer.

It is difficult to put together a team and especially if you don't want to do a pump to the speculators. I heard that Iota has received $500K from this forum already. So most developers would be more inclined to go that direction for quick money. I can't bring myself to sell illegal unregistered investment securities (again not referring to Iota because David threatened me with a lawsuit in a PM if I did discuss that). I am a USA citizen and I can't get involved in anything like that. So that limits my options a bit. Iota has a very talented developer Come-from-Beyond who has the luxury of apparently being a citizen of Belarus and thus not subject to any concerns about legal repercussions that I have to weigh.

I wasted most of May trying to locate a developer to work with. Ended up wasting several BTC on all that too. I am very conservative now in my thinking. And being brutally frank on what is realistic. So we will need to see what happens now.

Great news!!!

Oh and as for others not wanting to support anything I create, my reply to that is thanks for the challenge. That just all the more motivates me to try to create a marketing train that they have to join or be left behind. Point is that my personality is irrelevant. Who ever is able to create the mass adoption movement wins. Period.

Thanks.

Good for you then TPTB, and best of luck with the marketing train too! I agree personality is irrelevant when assessing a persons capacities and skills, but I'm not sure everyone else sees it that way (politics suggests style can 'trump' everything else). I am not expressing MY opinion on your coin's prospects here either (you'll have my support coz as I agree society is about to melt down into Mad Max territory very soon, and we NEED a fully decentralized coin that's impervious to attack for our very survival), but my belief is the wider crypto community prefers 'teams' of developers now, so I think you'll have much more success with 2-3 other high profile collaborators.  If you and smooth ever joined forces for example, I think you'd overcome the 'perception' problem that might dog your solo efforts. A Kirk:Spock thing might develop. Add rpietila as a Bones McCoy, and someone like CfB and/or jl777 as Mr Scott, and you'd have an A-list 'dream team' that most alt coin junkies would support en masse. The alt coin 'dream team' seems very unlikely,but if it ever happened it would change everything for the better.
IoT is an entirely new concept for me, and I am just now reading the GadgetCoin white paper. I have not had time to study the W3C working group or any other resources on this topic. Note I did make a supportive comment early on in this thread, commending the attempt to create user level apps utilizing crypto-currency.

Some initial thoughts on IoT/WoT:

• Why have IoT private databases? Use encryption instead, which is more secure. Network intrusion is impossible to 100% prevent, even if you use a sneakernet, e.g. the Stuxnet attack.
  • Reputation/trust systems for consensus are not advisable because they are not anti-fragile (see Taleb's math). Thus they trend to centralization over time.
  • Low-power, resource constraints favor Winternitz signatures over ECDSA for authentication in terms of the CPU cost although the bandwidth cost rises exponentially compared to ECDSA as bit-security increases. For encryption, a Diffie-Hellman exchange will be required to establish a shared encryption key, but this will not be a real-time requirement.
  • Afaics, smart contracts incur the multiplicity of verification cost. The only solution I thought of is zk-snarks, but then the proving cost is very high, which isn't applicable to low, resource IoT/WoT. Seems contracts for IoT will need to be hard-coded efficient scripts, unless another technical solution can be devised.
So perhaps looking less likely MegaNet will ever get off the ground, if they have their way.

There are many alternatives vying to offer that:

http://thehackernews.com/2015/02/meganet-decentralized-internet.html

The fundamental problem with all current attempts is economics. Once the user can pay a microtransaction to access data, then these decentralized storage mechanism will have funding and won't have to do some silly trading of bandwidth. Once you make something profitable, people will adopt it like crazy. It is not economically enticing to just run it for no profit as a sharing mechanism.

So again, my work on decentralized permissionless, instant microtransactions blockchain is critical for advancing to the next step on everything we need to fight the totalitarianism on the internet.
Another evidence that instant microtransactions are potentially a huge market:

The prosecution claimed that Dotcom used a large portion of its revenues to reward users, drawing more traffic to the platform by publishing copyright-infringing material. The site made $25 million from advertisers, while its main source of revenue were small payments from the millions of users, which totaled some $150 million.

Appears the global government is going to succeed in prosecuting Kim Dotcom.

We need decentralized block chains.
TPTB, I make this suggestion as someone who respects your skill, experience and determination. You are an idealist, and I agree with your opinions on worldly affairs most of the time.

I do think your personal situation is making you appear rude and desperate to other developers now, and I doubt very much that a project you release would ever take-off now with your reputation for erratic behavior and confrontational style.

Why don't you change tack, put up a donation address, and try and gain the financial (and health) stability you need without all the stress involved with coding and launching a new alt coin project. I just don't see you as Captain Kirk leading your own coin from here, but Yoda yes, sitting in your cave helping other alt coin Jedi perfect theirs, and those other devs would no doubt compensate you. I fear you are about to go mad.

You make so many great contributions to the kind of crypto I want to support, but I think your personal problems with health & finances are stressing you out considerably, and that stress is causing behavior that's alienating the very people who need your help, and would help you in return.

You obviously have time pressures to get results due to your personal circumstances, but a guy like Fuserleer doesn't, and I think that's why you're clashing with him. He learnt his lessons in 2014 and is very patient and diligent now, and very humble since he was hacked for 600 btc too. In that regard he is similar to jl777 who now just works and rarely engages with forum threads.

You obviously see faults in Fuserleer's work, but your approach towards him is too antagonistic to develop a relationship that might benefit you both. He's a good guy I think, and would probably help you if he could, so why piss him off? I think the answer is you're stressed, and you're scared & angry, and not being your true self. All humans are prone to these emotions, no matter how intelligent they are, and you're surely a very intelligent man.

Please don't leave crypto, and consider working as a consultant to other alt coin devs who need your 'higher' self.

You are spot on. I am very stressed about my personal situation and this does drive me to be very impatient because I need to get things done. On the positive, I am fighting very intensely now on my health (ran twice again yesterday and heading out to run again after typing this).

Do you realize I have been talking on this forum for 3 years. It never ends. It is like a broken record that goes on and on. I only asked Fuserleer to provide a holistic description of his algorithm (or provide none at all and let's wait for him to). After all, we apparently find out his algorithm is a block chain design (and he probably changed the design as we were making the discussion, I figured he might do that and one reason I wanted him to put the entire design out before starting to analyze it).

I do not know Fuserleer well, and I contemplate that he is a productive Java programmer. I wasn't making any prejudgements of him. But he is always commenting about my behavior. My behavior is irrelevant. He who produces and ships the Bitcoin killer wins. Period. I wanted to talk tech shop. Period.

I can't advise others because they won't listen. The only way to lead is by doing. For example, that developer won't realize he needs to not create his own altcoin, until someone provides him another option and he can see it growing faster in the market and he wants to ride that train.

So lead or quit. Those are my options.

Oh and as for others not wanting to support anything I create, my reply to that is thanks for the challenge. That just all the more motivates me to try to create a marketing train that they have to join or be left behind. Point is that my personality is irrelevant. Who ever is able to create the mass adoption movement wins. Period.

Thanks.
TPTB, I make this suggestion as someone who respects your skill, experience and determination. You are an idealist, and I agree with your opinions on worldly affairs most of the time.

I do think your personal situation is making you appear rude and desperate to other developers now, and I doubt very much that a project you release would ever take-off now with your reputation for erratic behavior and confrontational style.

Why don't you change tack, put up a donation address, and try and gain the financial (and health) stability you need without all the stress involved with coding and launching a new alt coin project. I just don't see you as Captain Kirk leading your own coin from here, but Yoda yes, sitting in your cave helping other alt coin Jedi perfect theirs, and those other devs would no doubt compensate you. I fear you are about to go mad.

You make so many great contributions to the kind of crypto I want to support, but I think your personal problems with health & finances are stressing you out considerably, and that stress is causing behavior that's alienating the very people who need your help, and would help you in return.

You obviously have time pressures to get results due to your personal circumstances, but a guy like Fuserleer doesn't, and I think that's why you're clashing with him. He learnt his lessons in 2014 and is very patient and diligent now, and very humble since he was hacked for 600 btc too. In that regard he is similar to jl777 who now just works and rarely engages with forum threads.

You obviously see faults in Fuserleer's work, but your approach towards him is too antagonistic to develop a relationship that might benefit you both. He's a good guy I think, and would probably help you if he could, so why piss him off? I think the answer is you're stressed, and you're scared & angry, and not being your true self. All humans are prone to these emotions, no matter how intelligent they are, and you're surely a very intelligent man.

Please don't leave crypto, and consider working as a consultant to other alt coin devs who need your 'higher' self.
One last farting shot so the ignoramuses here can ponder respecting those who are smarter than they are.

Decentralized Proof-of-Work Ordering

Some decentralized databases such as cryptocurrencies or smart contracts require consensus on the ordering of events.

Bitcoin provides consensus on ordering with a Bzyantine fault tolerance of up to 50% of the network proof-of-work hashrate, or as low as 33% due to the economic advantage of selfishly mining the block chain rewards. Bitcoin employs proof-of-work puzzles to identify whom is authorized to produce the next block of events and consensus is the longest chain of blocks which contains the greatest cumulative proof-of-work difficulty.

Consuming a resource such as proof-of-work to produce a chain of event blocks is necessary to disambiguate conflicting events in competing chains by choosing the longest chain. Otherwise there would be unresolvable conflict over which of the conflicting events is valid.

Given a longest chain rule consensus, block periods of events are required because otherwise for example in a DAG there is a divergent proliferation of unmergeable chains induced by conflicting events, e.g. cryptocurrency double-spends. One need only graph some complex scenarios to visualize this effect. In any other attempt to consume a resource to prove a consensus on ordering of events that does not use a longest chain rule, irreconcilable ambiguities will proliferate due to lack of a globally consistent rule for disambiguating double-spends. Globally in this context refers to the fact that nodes of a decentralized network will disagree about the order in which events arrived because propagation can not be made consistent.

This paper analyzes the flaws in Bitcoin's algorithm which:

* effectively make it centralized over time
* limit scalability and transaction rate
* cause an irresolvable tension over the ideal block data size
* induce a Tragedy of the Commons on the economics of funding mining
* deny instant confirmations
* allow less than 50% Byzantine fault tolerance (due to selfish mining)

I propose a new design to resolve all these issues that retains the core principle of a proof-of-work block chain.
Pages:
Jump to: