Pages:
Author

Topic: need a game to play? - page 2. (Read 1804 times)

Activity: 267
Merit: 252
Squirtle squirt.
December 04, 2014, 01:32:40 AM
The game is boring.

I agree with b!z.  Started out fun at first, but soon you realize no matter what you do there is always a way to beat you down.  Also the longer you play the longer it takes to build/upgrade things.

I'm in a clan with some family members, so I can't just quit... so I only log on once a day to collect my resources.

Never was fun in my opinion. Mobile gaming is just a modern rehash of 2006-era Facebook games (think Farmville, Mafia Wars). Invite your friends, come back everyday, pay to win.

For me, Clash of Clans is a great game where the time limits give it value. I mean, think if you could shoot up the charts in one day. The gems can be earned at a good pace and paying is not too heavily integrated. Don't have what you want? Wait a couple hours, or steal it from another user. Paying to play is for people who have no patience. When you work at the game, it becomes fun.

You think so because so many games right now operate on the same premise, and you probably have not been exposed to anything different.

Would it not be better to play games based on skill, rather than patience or money? Would games like chess and soccer have lasted through the centuries if you could just cheat them by paying a few dollars or waiting a few hours?

I think so because I think so about Clash. Candy crush? Heck no. Goodgame? Too many purchases. I've seen others. Clash is special, unlike "Micromon" or Flappy  'Turd'. Some games have barely any purchases, others rely fully on ads. You are focusing on a select type of game. Chess does not have purchases. Clash has little purchases. Candy crush is a ripoff. There are many games of different types, not just those negative 55% of mobile games.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
December 04, 2014, 01:25:20 AM
The game is boring.

I agree with b!z.  Started out fun at first, but soon you realize no matter what you do there is always a way to beat you down.  Also the longer you play the longer it takes to build/upgrade things.

I'm in a clan with some family members, so I can't just quit... so I only log on once a day to collect my resources.

Never was fun in my opinion. Mobile gaming is just a modern rehash of 2006-era Facebook games (think Farmville, Mafia Wars). Invite your friends, come back everyday, pay to win.

For me, Clash of Clans is a great game where the time limits give it value. I mean, think if you could shoot up the charts in one day. The gems can be earned at a good pace and paying is not too heavily integrated. Don't have what you want? Wait a couple hours, or steal it from another user. Paying to play is for people who have no patience. When you work at the game, it becomes fun.

You think so because so many games right now operate on the same premise, and you probably have not been exposed to anything different.

Would it not be better to play games based on skill, rather than patience or money? Would games like chess and soccer have lasted through the centuries if you could just cheat them by paying a few dollars or waiting a few hours?
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
December 04, 2014, 01:25:09 AM
clans isn't pay to win either.

Sure it is.  You pump money in to buy gems, which make you level faster.

A person paying will always win over a person just playing.
Squirtle squirt.
December 04, 2014, 01:21:52 AM
The game is boring.

I agree with b!z.  Started out fun at first, but soon you realize no matter what you do there is always a way to beat you down.  Also the longer you play the longer it takes to build/upgrade things.

b!z
legendary
December 04, 2014, 01:14:59 AM
mobile gaming is still in infancy sta :Pge. it will catch up. clans isn't pay to win either.

party pooper.  Tongue

Please elaborate. From what I see, you can purchase gems with money, which can be used to unlock every aspect of the game without waiting (upgrading buildings, getting gold/elixir).

Mobile gaming is a joke. Look at Micromon; it's a Pokemon clone filled with in-app purchases. Still, kids these days still spend money on it, because it's the only type of game they've been exposed to. 10 years ago, would anybody have taken Pokemon seriously if you had to pay $0.99 to unlock new areas or buy Pokeballs?

As another example, look at Angry Birds. Is it an original concept? Of course not. Flappy Bird? Nope. Candy Crush? Just a clone of Bejeweled. Many of the top mobile games right now are blatant ripoffs of games that have existed for years already.

From what I see, mobile is moving gaming backwards, not forwards.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
1NF4xXDDpMVmeazJxJDLrFxuJrCAT7CB1b
December 04, 2014, 01:09:26 AM
mobile gaming is still in infancy stage. it will catch up. clans isn't pay to win either.

party pooper.  Tongue
b!z
legendary
December 04, 2014, 01:05:27 AM
The game is boring.

I agree with b!z.  Started out fun at first, but soon you realize no matter what you do there is always a way to beat you down.  Also the longer you play the longer it takes to build/upgrade things.

Squirtle squirt.
December 04, 2014, 12:39:50 AM
it's cool how the game has people of all ages. I'm 14, my uncle is 46 and is in my clan
i went by my nephew last weekend. he likes games so i asked him if he heard of clash of clans. he looked at me with this grin on his face and he asked me, what do you know about clash of clans? i laughed then he whipped out his phone and started to show me his base. it was a cool moment.

one thing i think will make a huge difference regarding if you enjoy the game is what you play on. he played on this phone with a 3 or 4 inch screen. i could not see myself enjoying the game on a phone. i play on my PC with a giant LED and hacked emulatar for better resolution and wide screen support. having the whole base in view without having to constantly zoom in and out is nice.

I use a 7 inch screen, pretty convenient. I got all my friends and family playing Coc so my clan is all loyal and we are all like bros.
legendary
December 04, 2014, 12:25:22 AM
it's cool how the game has people of all ages. I'm 14, my uncle is 46 and is in my clan
i went by my nephew last weekend. he likes games so i asked him if he heard of clash of clans. he looked at me with this grin on his face and he asked me, what do you know about clash of clans? i laughed then he whipped out his phone and started to show me his base. it was a cool moment.

one thing i think will make a huge difference regarding if you enjoy the game is what you play on. he played on this phone with a 3 or 4 inch screen. i could not see myself enjoying the game on a phone. i play on my PC with a giant LED and hacked emulatar for better resolution and wide screen support. having the whole base in view without having to constantly zoom in and out is nice.
Squirtle squirt.
December 04, 2014, 12:24:44 AM
There are games with more strategy like Boom Beach, but I like Coc's  simplicity.
BTW what clans are you guys in
legendary
December 04, 2014, 12:14:34 AM
i play LoL but kinda bored with it. calling that a strategy game is a stretch though.

there are no other alternatives. if you like strategy but not clans then you just plain suck at clans.   Grin

have you tried hearthstone?
Squirtle squirt.
December 04, 2014, 12:12:42 AM
I love those ads. And it's cool how the game has people of all ages. I'm 14, my uncle is 46 and is in my clan
Vod
legendary
December 04, 2014, 12:11:11 AM
thank you. those two just suck or don't have the mindset for strategy.

lol.  I love strategy games and play them all the time.  (LoL and Civ5 are my two current ones)

May I suggest a third alternative - I just don't find the simplicity of the game interesting enough.

But I'm not here to diss it - each to their own.   Smiley
legendary
December 04, 2014, 12:08:59 AM
thank you. those two just suck or don't have the mindset for war and strategy.

i think it's going mainstream cause they are now advertising. just saw these two commercials. i laughed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXQExw1zSPA&list=UUD1Em4q90ZUK2R5HKesszJg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTGpD871pwg&list=UUD1Em4q90ZUK2R5HKesszJg
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
December 04, 2014, 12:04:16 AM
fun game
Squirtle squirt.
December 04, 2014, 12:00:44 AM
Also there's not always a way to beat you down. That means you're not trying. It goes slow, but it's a great way to pass time. I got up so quickly because I had two other profiles but my old tablets broke so I had to start over, and now I know how to do it. Smiley
I'm playing right now, my clan is airsoft bros. with a green/black sheild, check it out.
legendary
December 03, 2014, 11:45:47 PM
i just got my wizard tower. still working on my wizards. i always rush gold production after TH upgrade so i can upgrade walls and defenses. when that's upgraded i work on my army and go hunting for more resources.

love it.
Squirtle squirt.
December 03, 2014, 11:43:33 PM
Started 18 days ago. Have wizard tower, will have wizards in 18 hours. My username is Agentfly42
legendary
December 03, 2014, 11:37:46 PM
i started playing about a week ago. i'm TH 5 and hit 1000 trophies the other day. what's awesome is i was silver 3 when i went to bed. when i logged on in the morning 3 people tried to attack me over night. 2 failed and the trophies i gained from my defense pushed me up a rank. i think it's dope you can climb ranks through defense attack or both.
Vod
legendary
December 03, 2014, 11:34:10 PM
there is always a way to beat you down
sounds like your defense sucks  Grin

I'm sitting around 1,100 - how about you?

Pages:
Jump to: